dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Every time i try to buy a slave i cant because i get am error when check add cart, or guard etc.
Can you post the error report? Does it crash?

As to slaves, you dont need a cart, etc. they will follow you.

May 19, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "game/screens/help.rpy", line 118, in execute
File "game/screens/help.rpy", line 121, in execute
File "game/screens/generic_frame.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/screens/generic_frame.rpy", line 11, in execute
File "game/screens/generic_frame.rpy", line 39, in execute
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 2712, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 3104, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 3104, in <lambda>
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Patronus Trunk
Fri Jul 09 04:01:16 2021

It happens when i press help
game also crashes when i press add cart add guard etc. at the market
and no. cheats are disabled

blueboby111

Oct 2, 2018
while doing the the drinking challenge with inka for the second time without a warning game simply crashes. try it several times results are still the same. has anyone came across this game crashing bug yet?

Tyledon

Dec 26, 2019
Hello, very interesting game and very well done. However, I have a few questions.

First, how do you rebuild the places? I buy the furniture and materials from the market, and have them sent to the whorehouse and the villa. However, when I get there, they are still the same. I have tried waiting for a few weeks in case they were taking time being sent to the location, but no luck.

Also, how do I pay the debt? It said weekly, but is it supposed to take it automatically? Or do I have to look for the usurer? I haven't found him anywhere in Rome.

Furthermore, how do I make the slaves happier with their lives? I can just give them dresses.

Lastly, how do I start the sister route? I had the dream with her where it asked me. But I have found no dialogue with her.

Thank you.

Last edited:

DVEGames

May 19, 2021
Ah, I forgot about the events that need to happen. Yep, I understand that. It's just that the "travel - stay at inn - continue travel - stay at inn" becomes a real chore. Magically teleporting our MC would maybe be historically incorrect (are you absolutely sure Rome didn't have teleporters?), but it would be more pleasant.

That makes sense. It's just that the prices seem so wildly different. 1s for a handjob - 1200s for vaginal. Massages and bathing feel like more of a luxury thing. Would a poor guy pay 6s for a back rub when he can get a handjob for 1s? And the poor people are almost always angry about their 1s handjobs too, despite my slaves being renowned.

Two things I don't quite understand:
Inka says she has no problems with vaginal, she even offers it instead of the perverse roman sexual acts. But it's not available to me or the customers.
Maeve has huge boobs and is very submissive and obedient and eager to please, yet she's only offering handjobs and massage/bath.
The last two are things that aren't implemented yet. They're on the backlog, however :D

DVEGames

May 19, 2021

While running game code:
$ ui.interact()
$ ui.interact()

Full traceback:
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 2712, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 3104, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 3104, in <lambda>
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\X\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Patronus Trunk
Fri Jul 09 04:01:16 2021

It happens when i press help
game also crashes when i press add cart add guard etc. at the market
and no. cheats are disabled
We've been able to reproduce this error and are working on it. Thank you!

Reactions: LanzCorporalAssWipe

DVEGames

May 19, 2021
Hello, very interesting game and very well done. However, I have a few questions.

First, how do you rebuild the places? I buy the furniture and materials from the market, and have them sent to the whorehouse and the villa. However, when I get there, they are still the same. I have tried waiting for a few weeks in case they were taking time being sent to the location, but no luck.

Also, how do I pay the debt? It said weekly, but is it supposed to take it automatically? Or do I have to look for the usurer? I haven't found him anywhere in Rome.

Furthermore, how do I make the slaves happier with their lives? I can just give them dresses.

Lastly, how do I start the sister route? I had the dream with her where it asked me. But I have found no dialogue with her.

Thank you.
For the rebuilding:
Upgrade quest steps:
Talk with Charis or Alfidia
Talk with Kreon
Buy the matherials
hire the workers
wait 2 weeks

You can pay the debt by going to the moneylender. He can be found in the Rome forum as it opens. The interest is paid weekly automatically, however.

The only way to currently make the slaves 'happier' is by not punishing them. We're working on adding more options, though, which do include the dresses.

Scenes with Charis aren't implemented yet beyond the dream sequence. We're working on it!

Last edited:

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
MC isn't paying any weekly rent; what he's paying for - at least from a very start
- is solely an interest on loan, not a loan itself, having in mind obscene, but legal
interest rates at those times - let's say, ancient Egypt (one of roman territories
at that time) allowed to lend your coins with expectattions of 25% yearly return.

After villa/bordello upgrades when could we expect farm's upgrade? - w/o cheats
for a new player currently there's no chance to stop fast melting 15k of denarii :unsure:
Could we invest some of this sum in business of any provincial/capitol merchant's?

Even when buying girls via Kreon (which has a higher Mercantile skill), leftover funds
not enough to support a house, while training girls & Alfidia. Bordelo's building permit
alone costs 25k /or/ 50k of sesterces, building materials is other story completely ;)

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
MC isn't paying any weekly rent; what he's paying for - at least from a very start
- is solely an interest on loan, not a loan itself, having in mind obscene, but legal
interest rates at those times - let's say, ancient Egypt (one of roman territories
at that time) allowed to lend your coins with expectattions of 25% yearly return.

After villa/bordello upgrades when could we expect farm's upgrade? - w/o cheats
for a new player currently there's no chance to stop fast melting 15k of denarii :unsure:
Could we invest some of this sum in business of any provincial/capitol merchant's?

Even when buying girls via Kreon (which has a higher Mercantile skill), leftover funds
not enough to support a house, while training girls & Alfidia. Bordelo's building permit
alone costs 25k /or/ 50k of sesterces, building materials is other story completely ;)
Though you can prevent paying interests if you just stay in the bordell and train the girls.
But yeah tell someone he has before he is allowed to have fun to sink hours into grind.

Tyledon

Dec 26, 2019
For the rebuilding:
Upgrade quest steps:
Talk with Charis or Alfidia
Talk with Kreon
Buy the matherials
hire the workers
wait 2 weeks

You can pay the debt by going to the moneylender. He can be found in the Rome forum as it opens. The interest is paid weekly automatically, however.

The only way to currently make the slaves 'happier' is by not punishing them. We're working on adding more options, though, which do include the dresses.

Scenes with Charis aren't implemented yet beyond the dream sequence. We're working on it!
I see, thanks. Great job on the scenes btw. They are all very aesthethic.

BobNugget1212122

Oct 8, 2018

While running game code:
File "game/_engine/patches.rpy", line 151, in patronus_execute_menu
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'K_10'

Full traceback:
File "_engine/main_engine.rpyc", line 746, in script call
File "_engine/event_dispatcher.rpyc", line 491, in script call
File "characters/alfidia.rpyc", line 845, in script call
File "characters/alfidia.rpyc", line 363, in script
File "game/_engine/patches.rpy", line 151, in patronus_execute_menu
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\exports.py", line 993, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\exports.py", line 1229, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 2712, in interact
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\core.py", line 3528, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\sl2\sldisplayables.py", line 103, in event
return self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\transform.py", line 883, in event
rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 918, in event
if map_event(ev, self.keysym):
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 226, in map_event
check_code = eval("lambda ev : " + compile_event(keysym, True), globals())
File "C:\REE GAMES\Err'thing\Patronus 3.7.1 (saves)\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 149, in compile_event
rv += " and ev.key == %d)" % (getattr(pygame.constants, key))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'K_10'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Patronus Trunk
Wed Jul 14 21:44:40 2021

Happened after an event concerning Alfidia, not sure which tho, and now every time I click on her this shows up.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This game is very interesting. However, that incredibly stupid flaw that a fully trained whore that can offer all services with highest quality will make nearly no profit, compared to one that can offer only barely satisfying vaginal sex, needs to be fixed immediately.

I trained and grinded myself to death in my first attempt to play, only to find out that all I would have had to do is teaching her vaginal service and nothing more.

Really. If she is fully trained, she gets a dozen customers each night, 99% of them wanting a bath or a handjob or some cuddling, earning 1 single buck only. And every other day she gets boinked for 300.

WFT?. How does that relate to a whore who can only offer vag, but each of the dozen customers she gets will demand it and pay 300 bucks each time, every day? And I am not even talking about after you upgraded the bordello (which would't even be possible if you played like every sane player would play, starting with her training the basics first)?

Other than that, as I said, a very promising game which I'm looking forward to.

Reactions: vasua

DVEGames

May 19, 2021
This game is very interesting. However, that incredibly stupid flaw that a fully trained whore that can offer all services with highest quality will make nearly no profit, compared to one that can offer only barely satisfying vaginal sex, needs to be fixed immediately.

I trained and grinded myself to death in my first attempt to play, only to find out that all I would have had to do is teaching her vaginal service and nothing more.

Really. If she is fully trained, she gets a dozen customers each night, 99% of them wanting a bath or a handjob or some cuddling, earning 1 single buck only. And every other day she gets boinked for 300.

WFT?. How does that relate to a whore who can only offer vag, but each of the dozen customers she gets will demand it and pay 300 bucks each time, every day? And I am not even talking about after you upgraded the bordello (which would't even be possible if you played like every sane player would play, starting with her training the basics first)?

Other than that, as I said, a very promising game which I'm looking forward to.
Thanks for your concern. We're currently in the works of balancing this out much better. We hope it'll make much more sense afterwards!

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes