• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

desideuce

Apr 30, 2017
are there any cheats? money and everything
I don't want to grind, i just want to get some sexy time with my slaves
This game is all grind. The grindiest of them all. The Caesar of grinds.

And the irony is... It easily could be so much better if it wasn't.

bigbossbravo6

Sep 21, 2017
I've looked in the comments and can't find anything, what exactly are we supposed to do with the furnishings? I bought carpets, paint, and iron fittings, and I have no clue what to do with any of these things. Also if the Dev is reading this, I would be interested in using Inge for security if possible.

Reactions: Yngling

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Been a while since I played this, guess I need to restart.
Any tips on early game? I've bought the (3) slaves, had some seduction lessons from the hag, massage training with them ( the scenes were hilarious), but after this not sure where to go. Do you keep training them? How do you start making money, early?

lodynr

Feb 28, 2020
3.2.7 Full changelog
More than 550 commits done
Fixed more than 30 crashes
Fixed more than 60 bugs
New Asculum bedroom
Fixed some market problems
Implemented Rome Villa Quest:
  • Villa acquisition quest
  • Villa manager quest
  • upgrade villa quest
Clarification of some quest description
Guards location moved
Slaves training fixes
Cheat menu improved
Fixed some item highlights
Fixed many dialog close-ups
Loyalty Inga quest implemented
Improved saves system
The main loop now is FASTER!
Some alerts cleared
Code moved to renpy 7.4
Added new tutorials
Added NPC medallions on the travel map
Inka is Inga now
Parmida Loyalty quest implemented
Haul remember the last destination
Fixed many issues with items

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I've looked in the comments and can't find anything, what exactly are we supposed to do with the furnishings? I bought carpets, paint, and iron fittings, and I have no clue what to do with any of these things. Also if the Dev is reading this, I would be interested in using Inge for security if possible.
they’re for upgrading the villa and brothel. Many are useless so far so don’t buy them until you get the upgrade quests

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I see no anal, which is odd for a game taking place at that time due to anal being a way to have sex without protection in ancient Rome. Romans weren't without sexual creativity.
you’re not wrong and if you look at the character stats for the girls it seems like it’s planned for the future. Oddly enough oral was far more of a taboo in Ancient Rome than anal, so I would expect to get anal before blow jobs

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Been a while since I played this, guess I need to restart.
Any tips on early game? I've bought the (3) slaves, had some seduction lessons from the hag, massage training with them ( the scenes were hilarious), but after this not sure where to go. Do you keep training them? How do you start making money, early?
The quickest and easiest way to make money is the cheat menu.

ignoring that, my strategy is usually to train Fasti in sex as quickly as possible and no other skills and don’t get any of the other two good enough for customers. You want only Fasti working and only providing sex, she makes good money doing this.

once that’s going you can start working on your rhetoric. Go get trained as high as they can train you at the Bacillica and then start taking clients. The worse a crime sounds, usually the better it pays if you successfully defend your client. Some can pay 100,000’s of sesterii a pop, most do not. But it’s by far the best way to gain legit money.

like everything else in this game so far, it’s grindy, but it works.

desideuce

Apr 30, 2017
they’re both in a market in the northernmost province at a luxury trader or something to that effect
Yes, you're correct. Thanks. It's in the Umbria region, Spoletium Market, Silenus Voturia (Exotic Trader)... Looks different from the other traders.

Teamwork makes the blah blah blah

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Fasti's quest doesn't seem to be working? New unmodded save on v3.2.72 Final, states Fasti wants to talk. I say ok but then nothing happens. Can't talk to her or anything and also no quest. Tried a few more days, still nothing. Tried taking her with me to places, still nothing. Bugged?

• Haha
Reactions: virus115

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Fasti's quest doesn't seem to be working? New unmodded save on v3.2.72 Final, states Fasti wants to talk. I say ok but then nothing happens. Can't talk to her or anything and also no quest. Tried a few more days, still nothing. Tried taking her with me to places, still nothing. Bugged?
Have you tried entering brothel at different times of the day?
It seam some things are related to certain time periods of the day, also that special vendor that sells the perfume, he only appear at certain days.. which is hard to remember when not speaking Latin.. can't get used to that damn calendar :p

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Everyone - I want to give everyone a heads up on the next release. There's a shit-ton (metric unit) of stuff that's in the bug, feature, or content list for this next release. I mean a lot. Right now there are 101 open issues for 3.2.73. Some are quick to handle, and some are really long and involved. Do not expect a release in the next 60 days. I will update everyone as we decide on what to include and what to push.

For example - "act availability is not listed for each slave in the bordello management screen" That might take a day to implement, it might take half a day, or it might break ten things and take a week to get resolved. How important is that feature? In general, it's not too important to me, but people have asked for it.

Another one is "Implement Parties" - that's a huge feature, central to the design of this next release. How long will it take? A week? Two?

So, that's a bit of a reality check for everyone.

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Have you tried entering brothel at different times of the day?
It seam some things are related to certain time periods of the day, also that special vendor that sells the perfume, he only appear at certain days.. which is hard to remember when not speaking Latin.. can't get used to that damn calendar :p
Fasti will not invoke quest lines when she is scheduled to be whoring. The exotic perfume merchant is only in town on certain days, that's correct.

Reactions: DragonFire

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Someone earlier in this thread made a request for having the girls not be whores. Well, that's not what the game is about at all. However, to sooth your gnarled grip I'll tell you that when you complete the third loyalty quest for any girl (L3 Quest) you will have the option to free her. If you have treated her well, she will ask to become a client member of your *gens*. If you have treated her badly... well, you shouldn't free her. If you free her and she becomes a member of your gens, then she will become a "courtesan" instead of a common whore. She will decide her own fate, whether it be prostitution, marriage, or both. It will still be critical to your success in Roma to have such women seducing other nobles to your cause.

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes