• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Abandoned Paying Guest [v0.5] [A S Production]

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019

This might be good news to some and bad to some.....

To my supporters,
I regret to inform you that I’ve decided to discontinue Paying Guest for now. I’m extremely grateful for all of you, so it’s very painful to inform you of this decision. But the overall interest and support for Paying Guest isn’t enough to keep me motivated when considering the amount of time and effort it requires. It’s been a great learning experience though. I hope you understand my decision and respect it. I truly appreciate all the support you’ve provided me, and you’re the only reason I’ve pushed on this far despite not reaching my goals. Thank you, and I wish you the best.
I am disabling the patreon payments, So you guys can discontinue.
And these are some renders I had done for the new update.

I liked this game so am disappointed. Why is it marked on hold and not abandoned?

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
True but the overall tone doesn't fill me with confidence.
We don't know the future. We don't really know how we may feel about things down the road. So, instead of saying "I am completely finished" and then later on deciding to come back to it, it's can sometimes be better to say "at least for now" cause that's just more honest. The wording of the post does sound like he is completely too burned out and will never come back to it, but I still understand the wording of it.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
We don't know the future. We don't really know how we may feel about things down the road. So, instead of saying "I am completely finished" and then later on deciding to come back to it, it's can sometimes be better to say "at least for now" cause that's just more honest. The wording of the post does sound like he is completely too burned out and will never come back to it, but I still understand the wording of it.
Fair enough. I reckon if he ever comes back it will be on another game.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

To my supporters,
I regret to inform you that I’ve decided to discontinue Paying Guest for now. I’m extremely grateful for all of you, so it’s very painful to inform you of this decision. But the overall interest and support for Paying Guest isn’t enough to keep me motivated when considering the amount of time and effort it requires. It’s been a great learning experience though. I hope you understand my decision and respect it. I truly appreciate all the support you’ve provided me, and you’re the only reason I’ve pushed on this far despite not reaching my goals. Thank you, and I wish you the best.

Don't give up, it's always hard the first time. Enyo, the dev of False Hero, only got 46 patrons in a year and a half at the beginning, then, he increased to 379 patrons in only 4 months. I asked what he did and this is what he responded:

"The answer is pretty simple. I started to promote my game as hard as I could, do cross promotions etc. While I was promoting like a machine in every hole possible I saw a stable inflow of supporters. Before the growth, I only posted my game on f95zone." https://f95zone.to/threads/false-hero-v0-35-enyo-eerie.14204/post-5007268

My advice is to do a reboot and don't lose all the work that you have done. Some devs have done that in the past and their games are still running. You could improve the appearance of some characters, the MC is pretty hot and her female friend isn't bad. Improve some gestures, poses and backgrounds. Don't make all the male characters so one-dimensional, make some of them more likeable.

You did a controversial decision hooking up the MC with an specific character, without letting the player choose. If you consider that event is crucial for the story, maybe in the reboot you could start with an intro telling all the events so far, summarized and with good pace, until she hook up with that guy. And you could start the story based in choice from there. What about changing the name of the game too? Maybe including Bella's name with something more seductive could work. Don't underestimate making a lesbian path, the dev from Bright Past did a poll someday and half of his patrons voted that they prefer the lesbian path, he has more than 1000.

If you release a reboot in a new thread, this time with improved renders and telling the relevant events that have happened, your first version will have a great amount of content, and will create a huge hype. After that, don't forget to spend time promoting your game all over the web and doing cross-promotions with other devs in Patreon.

SpaceBall1

May the Schwartz be with you
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2020
Don't give up, it's always hard the first time. Enyo, the dev of False Hero, only got 46 patrons in a year and a half at the beginning, then, he increased to 379 patrons in only 4 months. I asked what he did and this is what he responded:

"The answer is pretty simple. I started to promote my game as hard as I could, do cross promotions etc. While I was promoting like a machine in every hole possible I saw a stable inflow of supporters. Before the growth, I only posted my game on f95zone." https://f95zone.to/threads/false-hero-v0-35-enyo-eerie.14204/post-5007268

My advice is to do a reboot and don't lose all the work that you have done. Some devs have done that in the past and their games are still running. You could improve the appearance of some characters, the MC is pretty hot and her female friend isn't bad. Improve some gestures, poses and backgrounds. Don't make all the male characters so one-dimensional, make some of them more likeable.

You did a controversial decision hooking up the MC with an specific character, without letting the player choose. If you consider that event is crucial for the story, maybe in the reboot you could start with an intro telling all the events so far, summarized and with good pace, until she hook up with that guy. And you could start the story based in choice from there. What about changing the name of the game too? Maybe including Bella's name with something more seductive could work. Don't underestimate making a lesbian path, the dev from Bright Past did a poll someday and half of his patrons voted that they prefer the lesbian path, he has more than 1000.

If you release a reboot in a new thread, this time with improved renders and telling the relevant events that have happened, your first version will have a great amount of content, and will create a huge hype. After that, don't forget to spend time promoting your game all over the web and doing cross-promotions with other devs in Patreon.
Yeah the forced sex with that guy with no option to refuse was not a good idea. Other than that this game was very good and promising. I hope he reads this and tries again.

Reactions: ashitanojoe

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017

I agree to all except the lesbian thing, as the DEV said this is not a lesbian focused game its like you're encouraging him to change this in a lesbian focus game like Bright Past to gain supporters

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
No WAY ! I looked at the 0.6 renders , the old man and MC is so hot together , please let the old man have his way with her first atleast before abandoning it or I help you promote get supporters AS

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I agree to all except the lesbian thing, as the DEV said this is not a lesbian focused game its like you're encouraging him to change this in a lesbian focus game like Bright Past to gain supporters
In what moment did I say that this should be lesbian focused?

The purpose of a VN based in choice is giving the player multiple paths to follow, so he can choose between them. If the game already has lesbian scenes, why not creating a lesbian path between all the other paths?

In this kind of games you can have: The faithful hetero path, The slutty hetero path, the bisexual path, the lesbian path, and so on. All the paths should coexist without an specific focus in only one of them. Let the player choose. By the way, Bright Past isn't a lesbian focused game, you can choose being a complete hetero and avoid all the lesbian scenes, or vice versa.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
In what moment did I say that this should be lesbian focused?

The purpose of a VN based in choice is giving the player multiple paths to follow, so he can choose between them. If the game already has lesbian scenes, why not creating a lesbian path between all the other paths?

In this kind of games you can have: The faithful hetero path, The slutty hetero path, the bisexual path, the lesbian path, and so on. All the paths should coexist without an specific focus in only one of them. Let the player choose. By the way, Bright Past isn't a lesbian focused game, you can choose being a complete hetero and avoid all the lesbian scenes, or vice versa.
Yes but most of the content are lesbian so I deleted it even if there is a complete hetero path (Its like playing an NTR game saying player can avoid NTR but its gameover and less content in pure vanilla path) based on the content its clearly the lesbian path who gets most and I don't like that to happen in this game, if DEV will make different path there should be no bias and every path must have a fair content (like Angelica's temptation for example)

Tony507

Jan 15, 2021

To my supporters,

I am very sad with this news. His game really has a lot of potential and I think it was only a matter of time to gain more followers by sticking to his game as I dreamed of from the start.
Personally, in addition to how beautiful the protagonist was, I also liked that she is not a lesbian.
Thanks for the work you have done! I hope one day you can follow him and see this great game finished.

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes