Abandoned Paying Guest [v0.5] [A S Production]

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Is there some kind of unwritten rule that all female protagonists must have a boyfriend?
Yeah. It's an unwritten general rule revolving around something called money. Which directly ties into the type of interest content a larger scale audience tends to pay for and which in turn actually presents the developer with a better overall chance to end up putting out a game that actually ends up making some down the line.

Note to dev. I wouldn't read to much into a few endless game consumption pirates popping in here to throw a toxic tantrum about the smaller time development game not having what is probably the most universally undesired route options these games can offer, and which they just happen to be among the very small niche that would want/demand such.

I haven't finish my own playthrough yet but sweet jesus. As far as female MC games some of you seem WAY out of line with any comparative criticism here imo.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Right, so with that cleared up i'll remove this from my watch list.

Good luck with it dev but it's not for me.
Yet you come back anyway and post what essentially amounts to a rant review tonight over the game not including or investing in the full lesbian route path *you* wanted. Even after you had apparently already chalked this up as a not for me game a month ago and moved on.

Ok...

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Alright, First of all thanks for all the "appreciation" guys.....No I mean seriously thanks for all this "positivity" . I come here every update seeking atleast some positivity but as usual I always get negativity. I don't know guys it's really hard for me to continue progress every time after a new update but I still do only bcoz my patreons trusted me and supported, and I don't want disappoint them. Yes I don't have alot of patreons but atleast I have happy ones who encourage and show positivity to me. And for the lesbian protagonist I honestly don't know why only my game attracted this audience as I don't see you guys going and trolling other female corruption games.....This was never a lesbian protagonist game from the first update. * So a humble request for people who are seeking only for lesbian content pls don't try my game* . Look guys this is probably going to be my last message here in which I would like to defend myself again on why I didn't give any option to skip/ignore Danny, and the reason is because Danny is very important for Bella's character development and yes even for those who will go corruption route. Danny is needed in order to open up Bella as you might have seen how Danny has impacted Bella's character in the latest version. Honestly I don't wanna say much as I know i will be trolled again. One of the major reason why I wanted to develop a game here is bcoz I wanted some positivity in my life but unfortunately It seems like I'm in the wrong place. You know it's not that easy to develop a game alone..... Everyday I invest around 5-6 hours on rendering for 2 whole months just to be trolled. It takes you guys just 2 minutes to troll my 2 month's hard work . As an introvert I don't really have any good friends too to whom I can talk and I'm not that great at college too , you don't know how hard it is to be the weakest person in the class to be a loser....i just wanted to fill that gap in my life by doing something which people would have appreciated but looks like I suck at that too. And don't get me wrong that I can't take negative comments to my work, I can as I always appreciate constructive reviews as it helps me to get better but you guys are toxic af. Before when I used to get a notification of someone has commented on your thread I used to be excited to read it but now I'm just scared that someone has commented. Anyways I will continue doing my thing and will be back in about 2 months again to get trolled so yeah that's it from me and I really wish if I had got atleast one guy who appreciated my new work here .
Thank you...
There'll always be people complaining about the game ; it's become a staple nowaday and I'm sorry it's the way it is...
And it's always the same : "Why doesn't she have more lesbian action ?" "Why isn't she more of a slut already ?" "I don't like that scene, too short." "I don't like that scene, too long"....
But know that there are people that appreciate your work ; I enjoyed the update and I'm eager to see more, and you should make the game the way you want (with a little feedback here and there but the main bulk should be what you want to do).

Sorry, should have shown my appreciation earlier. I do hope you'll have a much better moment of checking comments when you get back.
Kudos for the game and courage for enduring those who complain

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Yeah. It's an unwritten general rule revolving around something called money. Which directly ties into the type of interest content a larger scale audience tends to pay for and which in turn actually presents the developer with a better overall chance to end up putting out a game that actually ends up making some down the line.
Well the highest paid games do not even have a female protagonist. So if we went by your philosophy then the dev should be making a game with a male protagonist.

Also the VN Manila Shaw: Blackmail's Obsession gives you the ability to not have a boyfriend and it is doing fine and it is an RPGM game which a lot of people do not even like to play.

I wouldn't read to much into a few endless game consumption pirates popping in here to throw a toxic tantrum
And speaking of pirates you are using the same site which means you are no different. :rolleyes: And you are named after a venomous character, oh the irony. :ROFLMAO:

If the dev really wants Bella to have a boyfriend all he would have to do is put a menu in asking if the player would like to watch the sex scene or not. It isn't that hard to do. It isn't any different then being able to refuse any other guy or girl, for that matter, in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUCCO

hassan12309

Oct 15, 2017
Well this is what I see. Sorry if I'm too honest.

Today there is a problem in this world of VNs, and that is that new developers start with fear due to criticism from certain groups. You can't watch out for everyone cause you can't create one version of the story for every type of person. Keep in mind that some won't tire of posting garbage comments until they get your attention or get you to change what you're doing in the story that they don't like. It's something that we've learned here over the years. Just do what you think is right and what you really like and focus on who likes your project and post support comments, not garbage. There are things to improve as in all projects, just do it step by step without losing heart that's the last thing you should lose. For now you're doing well. And by the way thanks for your effort. I like it.
what you said is true but at the same time since this is his first game he should ether follow what you said or just do what the people want and see what happen it his first game anyway if it fails it okay if not then good for him ether way he will improve

Reactions: BUCCO

Chenzu

Apr 19, 2021
Negativity is unfortunately fairly normal these days. I have just been registered for a bit here and mostly read in silence since I dont feel like joining into conversations since a ton of them are basically just ranting, especially outside of the top succesful games. Thats probably due to people being scared of getting backlash over hot takes or ranty posts, so they look for "easier" targets that dont meet their agenda. Negativity sells to negative people, thats why stories that get a negative spin get several times the attention the same story with a positive spin gets. There are countless scientific reports on this.

I tested your game aswell just now after reading here and I personally think its suprisingly high quality for what amounts to a first time project with small funding. Based on your post you mostly do this as a hobby right now to focus on other stuff and for that it definately deserves props. There is stuff that 100% could need improvement, like more choices and more impact of choices, different poses during dialogues or scenes and more detailled backgrounds, but without having the budget and hardware to render this stuff its obvously easier said than done. I think you have the talent, I have seen a ton of games that dont even come close to this in the slightest, so if you enjoy doing this I really hope you can keep at it and maybe open up some doors for you in the future.

I respect every dev who has the balls to put out a product and open himself up for criticism by the whole internet. Your game thread has over 230.000 views, this might not look insane considering the size of this forum, but if you think about it...its still a lot. I sure as hell wouldnt be able to do this and that alone shows you have some backbone many of us can only dream of.

And then you have someone like one of the people above, who are so insecure, they dont even have their profile set on public while trashing other peoples work, probably because they dont want to be exposed as someone who post negative stuff 90% of the time if someone were to check their posting history. If I were you I would ignore people like them, they dont deserve your time of the day. Just my opinion.

All the best to you!

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
How do I check my points with characters and corruption points? And are there scenes that require an amount of corruption points to reach? Because unlike others here who are only interested in lesbian paths, I wanna avoid it instead.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Yes, check out the walk-through.
That is my unfortunate case, I cant download the walkthrough though, firewall prevents me as it says its dangerous to download. And im afraid to do so. Do you have the walkthrough? Please DM as text

sa2222

Jul 10, 2020
I was quite surprised with this one on first play. It has a lot more substance than your standard female corruption game. Bella is a smart, wholesome girl trying to make an earnest leaving. The dialogue in the game is realistic, and the scenarios that present themselves are not over-the-top. Sure, it's not "reality" but it's not some of the silliness we see in most of these female corruption games where there's too many dumb scenarios that would never happen in reality. I'd like to think the VN I'm reading has some realism baked into it, and this developer has done it so far with this story.

One small criticism is the jumping back and forth between the renders when two people are having a conversation. It's fine in moderation, but doing too much kind of makes me dizzy.

treborbc

Aug 15, 2020
How do I check my points with characters and corruption points? And are there scenes that require an amount of corruption points to reach? Because unlike others here who are only interested in lesbian paths, I wanna avoid it instead.
There are no lesbian or bisexual girls scenes to avoid at the moment, so your fears are unfounded...

Tony507

Jan 15, 2021
Alright, First of all thanks for all the "appreciation" guys.....No I mean seriously thanks for all this "positivity" . I come here every update seeking atleast some positivity but as usual I always get negativity. I don't know guys it's really hard for me to continue progress every time after a new update but I still do only bcoz my patreons trusted me and supported, and I don't want disappoint them. Yes I don't have alot of patreons but atleast I have happy ones who encourage and show positivity to me. And for the lesbian protagonist I honestly don't know why only my game attracted this audience as I don't see you guys going and trolling other female corruption games.....This was never a lesbian protagonist game from the first update. * So a humble request for people who are seeking only for lesbian content pls don't try my game* . Look guys this is probably going to be my last message here in which I would like to defend myself again on why I didn't give any option to skip/ignore Danny, and the reason is because Danny is very important for Bella's character development and yes even for those who will go corruption route. Danny is needed in order to open up Bella as you might have seen how Danny has impacted Bella's character in the latest version. Honestly I don't wanna say much as I know i will be trolled again. One of the major reason why I wanted to develop a game here is bcoz I wanted some positivity in my life but unfortunately It seems like I'm in the wrong place. You know it's not that easy to develop a game alone..... Everyday I invest around 5-6 hours on rendering for 2 whole months just to be trolled. It takes you guys just 2 minutes to troll my 2 month's hard work . As an introvert I don't really have any good friends too to whom I can talk and I'm not that great at college too , you don't know how hard it is to be the weakest person in the class to be a loser....i just wanted to fill that gap in my life by doing something which people would have appreciated but looks like I suck at that too. And don't get me wrong that I can't take negative comments to my work, I can as I always appreciate constructive reviews as it helps me to get better but you guys are toxic af. Before when I used to get a notification of someone has commented on your thread I used to be excited to read it but now I'm just scared that someone has commented. Anyways I will continue doing my thing and will be back in about 2 months again to get trolled so yeah that's it from me and I really wish if I had got atleast one guy who appreciated my new work here .
Thank you...

Hi friend! Do not be sad.
Your game is pretty good and I really appreciate your efforts.
Don't pay attention to lesbians.
There is a lot of public that we do not like that type of character. It's great that your MC isn't a lesbian.
Keep working hard and improving.
Sorry if my English is not good. My native language is Spanish.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Ikr! This is why even I got angry and posted some angry post here which were removed by a mod after these lesbian mob reported it. I mean seriously look at that person they literally said this is not their kind of a game in the last version and have cleared it from their wish list and yet again they come back and play the new version and again repeat the same shit over and over again. I don't know what the dev has done to these lesbian mob but surely these people have a grudge on him and they come back here to talk shit every update.
Well the highest paid games do not even have a female protagonist. So if we went by your philosophy then the dev should be making a game with a male protagonist.

Also the VN Manila Shaw: Blackmail's Obsession gives you the ability to not have a boyfriend and it is doing fine and it is an RPGM game which a lot of people do not even like to play.

And speaking of pirates you are using the same site which means you are no different. :rolleyes: And you are named after a venomous character, oh the irony. :ROFLMAO:

If the dev really wants Bella to have a boyfriend all he would have to do is put a menu in asking if the player would like to watch the sex scene or not. It isn't that hard to do. It isn't any different then being able to refuse any other guy or girl, for that matter, in the game.

Nor surprisingly you seem to be missing the underlying point in everything I said.

The supporting truth in what I said there isn't going change just because you don't like the answer you asked for. Nor will it change the surrounding reality that it typically makes zero logical sense, from a time investment standpoint of somebody wanting to make a female MC game from scratch, to dump any real development time/resources into making a full lesbian path. Especially within a game that hasn't even found itself a base supporting audience yet and is pulling in $50 a month on patreon.

The two or three $1 monthly donations that likely nets him out of all the tantrums that were thrown in this thread, which on note probably just sees the shift to constant complaining that the path doesn't have enough content even if the dev was to do it....ultimately just isn't offering a worthwhile payout route of it's own.

Or basically...any satisfying and well done full lesbian path is typically going to only be found in a game that is already making a solid amount of money, and has enough total content to support that type of branching without the playthrough feeling too stripped down/empty........but one that certainly never gets to that point on the back of lesbian content lover donations.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
Ikr! This is why even I got angry and posted some angry post here which were removed by a mod after these lesbian mob reported it. I mean seriously look at that person they literally said this is not their kind of a game in the last version and have cleared it from their wish list and yet again they come back and play the new version and again repeat the same shit over and over again. I don't know what the dev has done to these lesbian mob but surely these people have a grudge on him and they come back here to talk shit every update.
Hi DEV! don't be sad, the lesbian mob is gone, after your update. it's a shame maybe in your next game will be a lesbian route, your MC is gorgeous! And to be precise, the fans didn't go here to hurt you, but because they saw the potential here, not everyone is bad, you just have to speak nicely and you will find a lot of friends. And Avalon is still on the side of new game makers. I like different types of games , they don't have to be lesbian (but I like lesbian games) , just an interesting story where I have a choice of what to do. Good luck with your game ;-)

Last edited:

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
First of all I would like to Thank all of you guys for your supportive and motivated comments, It really helped me a lot and I really appreciate it. I know my game is not the best game out here and I'm getting better at things every update as you might have noticed by now. My first update had around 80 renders with bad english which I had developed in 2 months and my latest version has around 300 new renders plus 3 new animations with improved english and a great proof reader on my team which I also did in the span of 2 months, The point I'm trying to make is my skill is improving with every new update as I'm learning new things everyday. But obviously I have not reached my full potential yet as I'm restricted to my budget and hardware. But anyways I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say, There is always room for improvement but it requires patience.
Thanks for the positivity !

I never disrespected or spoke ill about any one from the lesbian community or infact anyone in this thread. Just because you guys saw a potential lesbian mc , it does not mean you guys can come here every update to troll me for not making it lesbian only game. But anyways its all in the past I hope we all can put this behind and move on.
I'm guessing you got spammed by people wanting her to be a lesbian or something. I like the game and whike i wouldn't mind having some scenes with girls I like being a straight or bi female MC. Just do what you want as it is your game. Side note if the walkthrough is updated can someone let me know?

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
First of all I would like to Thank all of you guys for your supportive and motivated comments, It really helped me a lot and I really appreciate it. I know my game is not the best game out here and I'm getting better at things every update as you might have noticed by now. My first update had around 80 renders with bad english which I had developed in 2 months and my latest version has around 300 new renders plus 3 new animations with improved english and a great proof reader on my team which I also did in the span of 2 months, The point I'm trying to make is my skill is improving with every new update as I'm learning new things everyday. But obviously I have not reached my full potential yet as I'm restricted to my budget and hardware. But anyways I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say, There is always room for improvement but it requires patience.
Thanks for the positivity !

I never disrespected or spoke ill about any one from the lesbian community or infact anyone in this thread. Just because you guys saw a potential lesbian mc , it does not mean you guys can come here every update to troll me for not making it lesbian only game. But anyways its all in the past I hope we all can put this behind and move on.
yes i agree, put this behind. i like your pictures in the game you're talented, good luck once again ;-)

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes