DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Just verified that if you haven't tried to go to the Goblin Forest yet, Speak With The Villagers does insta-complete when you talk to Hans. Seems to me the same thing could be done for Check Point if you already have the pass.
Personally I feel "Speak To The Villagers" should just insta-start the moment the player has control over MC cos it's literally the 1st Main Quest & would make sense that MC would make that a priority (can keep the Goblin Forest locked until then ofc). That's just my thoughts

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I knock up Shakala on Day 2, Erevi around Day 12/13 depending on circumstances. (Frida and BB around Day 14/15.)
hmm! ok... not sure were you are going with this? all I was saying is that Mia is low on my list, I tend to remeber her much later into the game than many of you.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Personally I feel "Speak To The Villagers" should just insta-start the moment the player has control over MC cos it's literally the 1st Main Quest & would make sense that MC would make that a priority (can keep the Goblin Forest locked until then ofc). That's just my thoughts
IMO locking parts of the map is a technique only used by poor Devs. "Speak to the villages" is a nothing quest as far as I can see, a simple hint for people who can't figure out that talking to NPC's a good idea. Making it an insta-start can be considered a good idea, but so is just deleting it :p let the suckers stumble about clueless lol I hate handholding in a game, if you can't figure out something this simple then I have no pity.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
IMO locking parts of the map is a technique only used by poor Devs. "Speak to the villages" is a nothing quest as far as I can see, a simple hint for people who can't figure out that talking to NPC's a good idea. Making it an insta-start can be considered a good idea, but so is just deleting it :p let the suckers stumble about clueless lol I hate handholding in a game, if you can't figure out something this simple then I have no pity.
I mean it makes sense because the MC dosent know the region. Hence why the quest exists in the first place. But having it triggered by trying to enter the forest is a bit annoying.

I dont see it as hand holding because you can still go South, North & West which all have pretty dangerous enemies running around.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I knock up Shakala on Day 2, Erevi around Day 12/13 depending on circumstances. (Frida and BB around Day 14/15.)
I trigger the SWTV & Checkpoint quests then do the majority of early village quests before going to meet Ziva. At this point I do all Ziva's quests until I have the Chalice, make potions then start Shakala, Frida & Tower quests. After Erevi is pref I kinda pinball around.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
I mean it makes sense because the MC dosent know the region. Hence why the quest exists in the first place. But having it triggered by trying to enter the forest is a bit annoying.

I dont see it as hand holding because you can still go South, North & West which all have pretty dangerous enemies running around.
I prefer to leave it in for the stinkin' casuals. :p
But agreed to have it trigger at game start. Or at least add some MC thoughts about "I should probably check with the locals for opportunities and dangers."

Reactions: DomWolf

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
I trigger the SWTV & Checkpoint quests then do the majority of early village quests before going to meet Ziva. At this point I do all Ziva's quests until I have the Chalice, make potions then start Shakala, Frida & Tower quests. After Erevi is pref I kinda pinball around.
I don't use any of the in-game cheats, and grind ears and boars on Day 2 to get kitted out, rent the house & field, buy wheat for flour, etc. If I'm grinding those might as well grind Shakala as well...

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I don't use any of the in-game cheats, and grind ears and boars on Day 2 to get kitted out, rent the house & field, buy wheat for flour, etc. If I'm grinding those might as well grind Shakala as well...
I use the cheats. Yes, yes call me a filthy degenerate if you must, BUT I play on websites (Not Official ports) so when I lose all my saves I dont wanna grind longer than necessary ya know?

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
I use the cheats. Yes, yes call me a filthy degenerate if you must, BUT I play on websites (Not Official ports) so when I lose all my saves I dont wanna grind longer than necessary ya know?
Of course you're a filthy degenerate. We all are, here. ;)
If I were playing on sites instead of a DL I'd probably use all the cheats, for the same reason you do. I already abuse the hell out of the exploits & loopholes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DomWolf
4.20 star(s) 201 Votes