DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I obviously enjoyed this game enough to sink consecutive hours into it. That’s what annoyed me so much. I don’t want to get NTRed simply because I wasn’t properly informed, nor was I able to change my plan once I was fully aware of the situation. If you aren’t meant to be aware of Grug’s presence, which I completely understand, there should be a third option: “We’ll come back better prepared.” If you choose to negotiate, there should be another option available now that you have been completely informed of the circumstances: “We should come back better prepared.” Once you have made that decision, you should be free to wander the map as usual: to go to Greyport, to visit the well, or whatever else you need to do to resolve the situation. After all, roleplaying games are about putting yourself in those characters’ shoes, and if I weren’t able to defeat a dangerous foe but knew that magical potions existed and would likely make the fight winnable, then I would go and acquire them. Given that, it should be an option.
All very valid points, the only defence I can give is it was early days in Tinkerer's first & only dev endeavour. Hes gotten better, not perfect, but better in the later stuff.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I had no potions of any kind on me, at all. Then whatsherface got herself killed and he out DPSed me. :cry:
plus potions shouldn't be available till you find the chalice, buying potions in greyport is an oversight on Tinkerer's part
The shop was added to Greyport in a very late stage update, most likley in response to people complaining of nowhere to buy potions. It's still out the way from the early game so unless you know about it you're probably not realise its avalable.

As M3ntir said, he & FunFuntomes, are both mods for Tinkerer's discord so anything that you feel can be added or changed to improve the game can reach Tinkerer through them or his Discord.

Honestly while I hate NTR I usually let Grug do Ziva cos at this early stage theres no real relationship with her & MC, & I just cant be bothered to fight him. Used to be able to kill Grug outright but Tinkerer has a soft spot for the character & decided to remove that option, so you just beat him to a pulp & Ziva has you spare him now.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I agree, I really should've had the potions on me regardless of whether I thought I needed them or not.
Always best to be prepared in this game. First time I went down the well in "Trouble At The Well" not really knowing what to expect (even though the game kinda warned be to prep first) I was absolutely reemed by them lil fucks!

Seriously I HATE Grumpkins!

Reactions: FunFuntomes

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Always best to be prepared in this game. First time I went down the well in "Trouble At The Well" not really knowing what to expect (even though the game kinda warned be to prep first) I was absolutely reemed by them lil fucks!

Seriously I HATE Grumpkins!
I ran out of stamina when fighting the orcs in the temple and had to fight them exhausted

• Sad
Reactions: DomWolf

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
Monstrous Moonshine
Tinkerer said that indeed in the old stuff some issues are hard to fix, but he will check if there is way to go backwords abit. issue is if you go places where you shoundt go with the party than more can break. ((keep in mind its 1 man making, its not the biggest excuse but it its one)) . And yes start is way more trail and error than the later parts of the game due Tinkerer learned to new things and have better scripts in place.

And most NTR-stuff have a warning now or a different route to avoid the scene.

side advice that sounds bit mean, you got 23 save slots (24 is auto save if you have it enabled), try to use them :)
so you never go to far and dont have a back up

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
I’ve completed this game about 5 times. One of the best games, though in my opinion, there’s too much grinding.
it changed quite bit with the new cheat way, there is a place now that daily resets to get potions and gold.
but the start of the game is setup to be bit grindy due the MC is a peasent with nothing. so how further you are the easyer you shold get items, gold and less farming.

but if you have issues or some painpoints let me know so see if something can be done, but no promises.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
plus potions shouldn't be available till you find the chalice, buying potions in greyport is an oversight on Tinkerer's part
I typically break the curse on Day 3, learn "mundane" potionmaking on Day 4, and buy stuff from Daiyu (and Harald) on Day 5. The chalice is only used for sex potions, I can see Daiyu not being open before you learn potionmaking but why make her wait for the chalice quest?

Ecxo2001

Aug 13, 2024
Hello quick question is there a way to go back in the story cause it seems there quests that I can’t ge available anymore like getting the bay girl as a pet in the dungeon or unlocking Alice (the dwarf quest at all. I do have the the go back in time spell but I haven’t used it yet. Plus how do make the red haired girl apart of the church with discipline. She keeps saying sorry but I can’t add her to the chapel mass thing.

4.20 star(s) 203 Votes