4.50 star(s) 22 Votes

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Screenshot 2024-09-01 132000.png

Beginning to render the last scene of the chapter today. It feels good for sure. No real reason to throw out any numbers today as all renders will be done by the end of this coming week at the latest. I have started to migrate code to Visual Studio and Renpy version 8. It will be a continuous process which won't affect any updates. The updates will always come first no matter what. I hope to have finished all the code transfer by end of the episode. The reason I'm doing it is partly for code clean-up purposes and partly because VS seems at least a little more intuitive than Atom. By that time, I will also clean some things up that I'm not entirely happy with. Not a ton of work but still something that I think is necessary for the overall experience. Animations are definitely part of that, I'd also like to get away from having them as "cut scenes" which is why music doesn't play during them. Some renders, particularly early on, but no full scene replacements.

The new main menu is in, but I couldn't get the neon sign to flicker (which it does in the new Renpy version). Not a big deal, but it's detail that I like. The "about" section is still a hot mess, but it's such low priority that it will have to wait. There is some added music in this update, so should be a little less repetitive. I will add to that library as I go and find music options that work.

Next time this will be a coding/post work update!

Cheers !

4.50 star(s) 22 Votes