RPGM Completed Peerless Warrior Ariel [Final] [Ban san kai]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
A lot of what makes particular fetishes work are the emotions, dialogue, and choices involved with the scene. If any of these elements are lacking it can ruin the whole experience.
So I guess you could say these MTL's are the ultimate cucking. Meta cucking. Real talk, ntr ain't my scene but these MTL's really fuck up any chances of these games getting a legit fan translation. Even if your (whoever MTL'd this) intentions are good you're better off teaching people how to use text hookers and translators, it's the same end result but you still have a chance at real translation. Also, japs love putting ntr tags on everything when they can even if it's ntr-lite or whatever shade of ntr this game has, makes for some easy sales.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, ntr ain't my scene but these MTL's really fuck up any chances of these games getting a legit fan translation.
I used to think this too, but I don't think that's true anymore. A game already having received an unofficial translation isn't going to stop the developers and professional translator groups from creating official English translations. Remember: There is money in this. These professionally-translated games are being sold on Steam now.

It doesn't matter if the game previously had a shitty and broken MTL translation, or a professionally hand-crafted translation by someone who is bilingual. At the end of the day it comes down to official vs unofficial, and if a game has not had an official translation then there's always a chance the developers will want to make money on that and release one.

Remember that the market for HRPG's in the west is just starting to grow, but the market in Japan for these games has been huge since forever. In the last couple of years we've seen a number of professional translators take up the mantle. Kagura is the biggest one that everyone's familiar with now so using that as an example, they've either already translated or are in the process of translating several games that previously had unofficial or shitty MTL translations.

Just looking at Kagura specifically, they've got a bunch of games that they re-translated for official releases: Princess of Zeven, Thug Hero Party, Branded Azel, Holy Road, Tina Swordswoman, heck even Civilian Justice League 2 is getting the official treatment and that translation was perfectly fine (Public Defense Corp is what Kagura is calling it).

I think this is mostly an issue of there being an extremely deep well of HRPG's that remain untranslated, so when someone sees a MTL release they think it means that no translator is ever going to return to that work because people have this mindset of "even though it's a shitty translation, it's been translated, so why would someone bother to re-do that work when there are so many other games?"

I think more and more HRPG circles are starting to see that there is a demand for proper English translations of their works, and hopefully we see even more eroge creators jumping on this bandwagon to work through their back catalogs too. There's a lot of older games I'd love to see translated too.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Now I'm off to play this game to see just how bad it really is it. I can suspend my frustration with shitty MTL if it can at least get the message across. I'll post a review of this game after I get some time into it.

kurehayagami

Aug 25, 2017
NTR MTL Strikes again!!! To eradicate the possibilities of proper translator picking up and properly translating an NTR game, here they come and fuck up with a machine translation, a process that wouldn't take more than an hour of copy pasting translation!!

Anything to make those ntrfags seethes. Now they just have to hope the rest of the translators worth their salt would instead translate a proper game of superior genre. YES!! A VANILLA GAME WITH PLENTY OF CUNNY!!!

Reactions: hrhr and BigJohnny

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Just looking at Kagura specifically, they've got a bunch of games that they re-translated for official releases: Princess of Zeven, Thug Hero Party, Branded Azel, Holy Road, Tina Swordswoman, heck even Civilian Justice League 2 is getting the official treatment and that translation was perfectly fine (Public Defense Corp is what Kagura is calling it).
All those games already got a proper translation in the first place. I dont think they'll touch games that are MTL like this, not anytime soon XD.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
All those games already got a proper translation in the first place. I dont think they'll touch games that are MTL like this, not anytime soon XD.
Not all of them. Princess of Zeven had an awful MTL, so did Holy Road. Hell, Zeven was called "Pregcess of Zeven" if that tells you anything about the quality of the MTL used. It's still here on F95 if you want proof.

Reactions: Watters

queefdesu

Jul 26, 2017
i cant even try one these types of games anymore, nothing comes even close Karryn's prison.
either its the art style, poor execution of shadows and ways of shaping the symetry of the female body
or the lack of content usually only appealing to completely vanilla stuff

• Sad
Reactions: WakabaHiiro

MarceloYuri

Mar 7, 2018
Anyone got a full gallery? I grinded too much thinking that I would get a full gallery after beating the damn thing only to get bamboozled.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Not all of them. Princess of Zeven had an awful MTL, so did Holy Road. Hell, Zeven was called "Pregcess of Zeven" if that tells you anything about the quality of the MTL used. It's still here on F95 if you want proof.
That's only one game and i'd probably not get done anytime soon since unlike the other that was already got a proper translation they gotta either edit the MTL or start over from scratch :p.

Iirc Holy road was originally "virgin road" and it has a proper fan translation way before Kagura release their official.

Reactions: rKnight and Zippix

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
So most of the new games that are ntr are just bad, but we continue to whine about the mtl hmm
Well I'm certainly not going to spend the time to critique the actual game. I'm not a fan of NTR to begin with, and that fetish has the most obnoxiously defensive fans I've ever seen. Despite my dislike for it, I try to stay objective and keep my criticisms about story and gameplay elements. The most I tend to say about the NTR is usually a mention about how half-assed it always seems to be with some throw-away "boyfriend" character that only ever appears once if ever, like the dev put it in as an after-thought just to say his game has it and never bothers to flesh out the aspect any further. Why even bother including the fetish if you aren't going to do it well?
Despite my critiques boiling down to saying that people who do like NTR deserve quality games too, I get met with the usual parade of "If you don't like NTR, don't play it! REEEE!", and the various other seemingly automated responses that come from that crowd.
And they wonder why they and their fetish get so much hate?

Edit: Before anyone questions why I'm even here, I got baited in by that female protag tag. I don't mind NTR from the woman's pov, especially with the rare games that include the top-tier cuckquean fetish. But I'm certainly not going to try a bait-and-switch game where we play a dude that is pimping the actual female protag and it has a shit translation.

Last edited:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
I used to think this too, but I don't think that's true anymore. A game already having received an unofficial translation isn't going to stop the developers and professional translator groups from creating official English translations. Remember: There is money in this. These professionally-translated games are being sold on Steam now.

It doesn't matter if the game previously had a shitty and broken MTL translation, or a professionally hand-crafted translation by someone who is bilingual. At the end of the day it comes down to official vs unofficial, and if a game has not had an official translation then there's always a chance the developers will want to make money on that and release one.

Remember that the market for HRPG's in the west is just starting to grow, but the market in Japan for these games has been huge since forever. In the last couple of years we've seen a number of professional translators take up the mantle. Kagura is the biggest one that everyone's familiar with now so using that as an example, they've either already translated or are in the process of translating several games that previously had unofficial or shitty MTL translations.

I think this is mostly an issue of there being an extremely deep well of HRPG's that remain untranslated, so when someone sees a MTL release they think it means that no translator is ever going to return to that work because people have this mindset of "even though it's a shitty translation, it's been translated, so why would someone bother to re-do that work when there are so many other games?"

I think more and more HRPG circles are starting to see that there is a demand for proper English translations of their works, and hopefully we see even more eroge creators jumping on this bandwagon to work through their back catalogs too. There's a lot of older games I'd love to see translated too.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Now I'm off to play this game to see just how bad it really is it. I can suspend my frustration with shitty MTL if it can at least get the message across. I'll post a review of this game after I get some time into it.
That's why I said "fan" translations. I really dislike Kagura so I'm a bit biased but they only go for "safe" bets, really entry level hentai games. The hardest thing they've translated is ntr which by now is a much more common or maybe I'm just too desensitized. No, the best bet many of these games will have are unofficial translators, people who will translate games that Kagura either deems not worth it or because they can't (loli and shota come to mind, really gotta wonder how they'll translate that one shota game they picked up) due to legal reasons. It is growing here in the west but in a wrong, limited way in my opinion, since they're selling to steam they have to be careful which means at best we'll continue to get endless games of women falling on dick cg hunts that got old back in the early 2000's.

Getting off topic now so I'll leave it at that, ntr aside I hope for you guys that this game isn't as shitty as it looks.

Jan 30, 2019
Well I'm certainly not going to spend the time to critique the actual game. I'm not a fan of NTR to begin with, and that fetish has the most obnoxiously defensive fans I've ever seen. Despite my dislike for it, I try to stay objective and keep my criticisms about story and gameplay elements. The most I tend to say about the NTR is usually a mention about how half-assed it always seems to be with some throw-away "boyfriend" character that only ever appears once if ever, like the dev put it in as an after-thought just to say his game has it and never bothers to flesh out the aspect any further. Why even bother including the fetish if you aren't going to do it well?
Despite my critiques boiling down to saying that people who do like NTR deserve quality games too, I get met with the usual parade of "If you don't like NTR, don't play it! REEEE!", and the various other seemingly automated responses that come from that crowd.
And they wonder why they and their fetish get so much hate?

Edit: Before anyone questions why I'm even here, I got baited in by that female protag tag. I don't mind NTR from the woman's pov, especially with the rare games that include the top-tier cuckquean fetish. But I'm certainly not going to try a bait-and-switch game where we play a dude that is pimping the actual female protag and it has a shit translation.
Yup wee need more ntr with the woman's point of view a.k.a the woman protagonist.
Lately i've seen to much games like this one, good idea bad execution. If the gameplay was good and the scenes were few i can still play it. And if the gameplay was bad and the scenes are many i can still manage it. But this game is wrong on so many levels. I appreciate the effort of the uploader to provide us with the free game's and we can choose what to play (that's why i dont whine about mtl cause its free u know u dont have to pay for it). And that's why most of the time i dont ever bother finish the game. So i realy hope for a new and interesting game into the future.

=Just my opinion

Reactions: Eenhoorn

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
I'm fine with NTRs but i think that the NTR's shouldn't be MTL, i mean, the point of the NTR's in my opinion is to cause some sort of unconfortble feeling, and much of that goal is caused the story of the game, and with MTL that goal could be obstaculisated. Is like with the "thug hero Party" i need a good translate for a good and quality trauma :D
I agree, so you're offering to translate it? Great, awesome.

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
Wait, you sell her off as a prostitute...why is it a ntr? Sometimes it feels like ntr tags are shoehorned in with vague bullshit reasons, just so the creators may net in a broader audience.
Been a long time since I played this game but i don't think the guy knows, plenty of scenes where she's banging some other dude and trying to hide it from him.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes