• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Persona H: The Midnight Channel [v0.4.1 Remake] [DarkDemarley]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I see Chie, I follow. :love:

Silly questions get silly answers, I know but shots gonna be shot: Any chance to see a P5 character or are you sticking to P4?

eh i've played *much* slower games than this. It ain't that bad
Plus he isnt even to .3 so he can flesh things out. Dude seems to give a crap, so some benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise might be good.

Reactions: DarkDemarley

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
I see Chie, I follow. :love:

Silly questions get silly answers, I know but shots gonna be shot: Any chance to see a P5 character or are you sticking to P4?

Plus he isnt even to .3 so he can flesh things out. Dude seems to give a crap, so some benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise might be good.
For the time being, Persona 4 characters. But I won't say never !

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Asia Argento

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
For the time being, Persona 4 characters. But I won't say never !
I have never seen anyone cross the games. That might actually set you apart from the pack. Usually people stick to 4 or 5, but imagine if the MC and Teddy join together and drag the P3 Fem Protag into it? With a setting like this and the Metaverse being a common thread, who's to say what isnt possible?

Algernonab

May 28, 2020
I have never seen anyone cross the games. That might actually set you apart from the pack. Usually people stick to 4 or 5, but imagine if the MC and Teddy join together and drag the P3 Fem Protag into it? With a setting like this and the Metaverse being a common thread, who's to say what isnt possible?
True, but this game is still in its early stages.
IMO, best to get a solid foundation down with a few romance options, and then all the extra stuff as a bonus when it's at 100%.

Mar 9, 2021
Well, as far as bug reports go, in the main story, after you pick up Chie, Teddie brings you over to the house.
There is a massive frame drop here and the game speed is tied to the frame rate, so it is similarly slow. Since it's also slowing down the rate at which I type this bug report, my guess is that you might be loading in everything relevant to the area before the story finishes. Since the framerate goes back to normal after the dialogue ends and restarts when you click on Teddie to talk to him, maybe it has to do with loading in all of the dialogue? I don't know quite how this game engine works.

Slight typos, like Teddie saying Rememeber

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
Well, as far as bug reports go, in the main story, after you pick up Chie, Teddie brings you over to the house.
There is a massive frame drop here and the game speed is tied to the frame rate, so it is similarly slow. Since it's also slowing down the rate at which I type this bug report, my guess is that you might be loading in everything relevant to the area before the story finishes. Since the framerate goes back to normal after the dialogue ends and restarts when you click on Teddie to talk to him, maybe it has to do with loading in all of the dialogue? I don't know quite how this game engine works.

Slight typos, like Teddie saying Rememeber
Woo ! Thank you for the bug report, I get a lot of tunnel vision while working on this so Typo Reminders are awesome. Thanks !

Okay, so the frame rate drop, does this hpapen ONLY when you come back to the homebase with Teddy after getting Chie, Or EVERY time you go back ot the homebase ?

Not sure what's causing it yet, but I think I'm creating instances of objects that don't need to be created yet. I will patch this out for the next release, good catch !

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
True, but this game is still in its early stages.
IMO, best to get a solid foundation down with a few romance options, and then all the extra stuff as a bonus when it's at 100%.
DarkDemarley seems to want to put alot into this, so plant the seeds early and get the gears turning and who knows, but I agree. Finish story and then some bonus stuff.

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
DarkDemarley seems to want to put alot into this, so plant the seeds early and get the gears turning and who knows, but I agree. Finish story and then some bonus stuff.
Definitely, this has been my thoughts as well. Beleive me, I want persona 5 characters to be in the game just as much as the next guy. I don't want this to be a bloated project however that never gets released.

I don't know if I"m right, but this is why I'm deciding to do my release schedule the way I am. I'm focusing, tunnel vision, on a specific girl for each update (while peppering in little bits for the playerand for the other girls) to try and allow each one to feel interesting.

Time will tell if this method works, but I"m hoping it does !

I don't think I have mentioned this yet, but the whole reason I'm doing this is because I wanted to see a game like this available for me to play. Since I didn't see one done this way, I decided to try to do it myself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Asia Argento
Mar 9, 2021
Woo ! Thank you for the bug report, I get a lot of tunnel vision while working on this so Typo Reminders are awesome. Thanks !

Okay, so the frame rate drop, does this hpapen ONLY when you come back to the homebase with Teddy after getting Chie, Or EVERY time you go back ot the homebase ?

Not sure what's causing it yet, but I think I'm creating instances of objects that don't need to be created yet. I will patch this out for the next release, good catch !
The frame drops only seem to pick up every time I open up dialogue, since it runs normally until I click on Teddie or try to talk to Chie. However, it seems that some of the initial dialogue is unaffected by this issue, such as at the start of the game, before you get sucked into the TV. Otherwise, it seems engaging in any sort of dialogue causes some pretty big frame drops. When I ran back through the game, I saw frame drops when talking to King Shadow and Teddie in the beginning. This might be related to dialogue partners, since it only occurs once you have another person in dialogue, since there's no one on screen in the beginning. Perhaps you've accidentally created instances of every dialogue partner and all their emotions?

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
The frame drops only seem to pick up every time I open up dialogue, since it runs normally until I click on Teddie or try to talk to Chie. However, it seems that some of the initial dialogue is unaffected by this issue, such as at the start of the game, before you get sucked into the TV. Otherwise, it seems engaging in any sort of dialogue causes some pretty big frame drops. When I ran back through the game, I saw frame drops when talking to King Shadow and Teddie in the beginning. This might be related to dialogue partners, since it only occurs once you have another person in dialogue, since there's no one on screen in the beginning. Perhaps you've accidentally created instances of every dialogue partner and all their emotions?

Hope this helps!
This helps a lot ! Thank you. I find it very strange that this is happening, I watched my fps like a hawk while testing to see if anything funky was going on. After you mentioned that it happens during all dialog with a partner, I have a better idea of where this leak in frames is happening.

Back to the drawing board ! I will take a look today and see if I can find the line that is causing this weird issue. I only wish I could replicate this on my end !

Regisbolg

Jan 3, 2019
downloaded the 0.1.3 release and the fps drops a lot... i don't know why it happens... even though the fps isn't as bad as 0.0.33 it's still bad... forces me to skip dialogue...

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
downloaded the 0.1.3 release and the fps drops a lot... i don't know why it happens... even though the fps isn't as bad as 0.0.33 it's still bad... forces me to skip dialogue...
Thanks for letting me know, this issue is a little strange because it's inconsistent from pc to pc.
Do you mind letting me know what graphics card you have as well as processor ?

So far it seems to not happen on Nvidia cards and on Intel Processor's 1300 and UP.

I just need to narrow down where the issue is happening and why.

Regisbolg

Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for letting me know, this issue is a little strange because it's inconsistent from pc to pc.
Do you mind letting me know what graphics card you have as well as processor ?

So far it seems to not happen on Nvidia cards and on Intel Processor's 1300 and UP.

I just need to narrow down where the issue is happening and why.
Gt430 and i5 6500 3.20Ghz...

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
Gt430 and i5 6500 3.20Ghz...
..hmm, I wasn't expecting that !

I'm so confused as to why I can't replicate this one my own computers. I have 4 different pcs and they all have slightly different specs.

I'm making an option for an upcoming update where it removes animations from the charcters in the dialog, I'm curious if this resolves the issue. I will look into it more and see if there is something else happening.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it !

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes