• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
Let's face it, it was far from being "complete". Understanding that "it was a learning project" and everything (something that nobody is obliged to know since there is no such warning in the GAME)... It is still a game with characters and stories that we like, which did not have a real Final. The "abandoned" tag would be better used in this case. And there's no problem with that.
Some may say that this is wrong for reasons X and Y, while others may say the opposite for other reasons... That is my opinion.
Jeesh, if you put a screen with a text telling an appropriate ending for each character and that's it, would already remove that shot lol

That said... Although I expect more from this project, exactly because I liked everything about it, I can't wait to try the next Domiek game. He IS among my favorite developers, exactly for breaking some barriers, showing something different and for all the creativity and humor.
I have no doubt that your next project will be at least as good as PT was. Looking forward to it!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
A bit off topic but while funny I am surprised to see Yakko of all characters using the mallet on the monster. That if I remember correctly was always Wakko's thing.

But to be honest I never read the entire thread myself just played the game as the updates came and I never knew he never intended that. While I still feel there was a lot of potential within the game and a lot of the ends and routes (such as the MC getting shot only for you to end up in the apartment at the end) made no sense to me.
I was surprised at that. I remembered it as Wakko doing it (because that was his thing), but this time it was Yakko. I rather liked the many endings, including some development of the Dani story, which really had not been developed in the story up til the end. I don't disagree with a lot of people that were unhappy and wanted more, but I do respect the author's right and decision to end their story the way they wanted to.

And Yakko's answer to the trolls (cuz it was deleted earlier).

Last edited:

supprzem

Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I'm very impressed with how good renders and animation looks at the end. I love segmentation on 9 different stories. With few very good one I'm glad i don't have to choose.
The endings was not satisfying for me in different proportions:
1. Amy: a little more. This have a lot of touching, and deep moments. With beautiful story and heavy staff. Great character development although maybe a little to wild to be possible but i love it.
2. Sophi: It's look complete but maybe some positive addition on the end will make us feel good. Great love story and strong decisions,
3. Dani: It feels like it's starts when it's end. The journey to first intercourse was great but maybe something more to improve and develop it further.
4. Mayen: Hardcore sorry but weak development. When You think it will start it abruptly ends. A lot is missing
5. Jenna: Quite good but not my favorite. It's only my opinion.
6. Hikari: Looks quite finish but some more explanation will looks good.
The worst thing:
MC development. It's probably quite hard to show it properly when story is segmented into so many not connected parts but for Amy and Sophie story MC looks weak and not mach to the situation: low paying job, no perspective and still broken from his tragedy.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Amen. And I can speak from experience that full-on assaults like those on the last few pages is what gives many developers or would-be developers pause as to if they want to subject themselves to putting something out there if they are going to be so thoroughly abused. If there are less games out there, you only have yourselves to thank. One can disagree without being disagreeable. I echo BarbarrossaNA in their comments to you, Domiek - hats off to you for creating a very entertaining game that has amused me for the best part of the last few years.
Here's the thing, using this as a practice project is totally fine, but even practice projects should have proper endings, and characters and stories that are fully developed. The "practice" is in the development of the technical elements, but there should always be a planned out story, even if the plan is just where you want them to end up and I have a hard time believing any of these endings were planned because they aren't actual endings, some of them have only just really started to become something.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
With Domiek's decision to just abruptly end it, he and his white knights should have these negative but NOT TOXIC comments. Also its a learning project, what you can't learn from negative comments which point out one's shortcomings and weaknesses? Also there's no name-calling or insults thrown, don't act like that happened white knights.

Domiek don't take to heart the negative comments and don't let positive comments build your ego, as a human being and a dev you must learn from both and balance to improve yourself. As positive criticism only brings about devs who just use their fans and supporters like the devs of summer saga with unusually long wait for updates or devs who keeps making excuses like the dev of Dual Family and that dev of Milfy City. And negative criticism brings only abandonment and the unrealization of talents like devs with few to no supporters who then abandon the game rather than learn and comeback with a chance of a big bang, I've seen devs of unpopular games come back with big hit sequels.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Maybe the dev could come back to this eventually or make a sequel at some point. Let them start their new project and call this completed.....for now.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
I'm going to have to agree with Holy Bacchus and the others that found this ending to be, at best, abrupt and unsatisfying. Domiek may have approached this as a learning experience but I don't remember reading anything here, or elsewhere, where he wrote "don't get invested in the characters because I could turn them off like a light-switch".

People became invested, empathized with certain characters and many of us wanted to see them handled with a little care. I'm not suggesting that every character should have had a "Disney ending", but I think this could have been more fleshed-out without dragging it out for months and having Domiek's apologists assure us that "he'll do better next time" doesn't fix Personal Trainer.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm going to have to agree with Holy Bacchus and the others that found this ending to be, at best, abrupt and unsatisfying. Domiek may have approached this as a learning experience but I don't remember reading anything here, or elsewhere, where he wrote "don't get invested in the characters because I could turn them off like a light-switch".

People became invested, empathized with certain characters and many of us wanted to see them handled with a little care. I'm not suggesting that every character should have had a "Disney ending", but I think this could have been more fleshed-out without dragging it out for months and having Domiek's apologists assure us that "he'll do better next time" doesn't fix Personal Trainer.
Exactly. "Practice project" to, I would say, the majority of people translates to "the quality will improve over time" not, "I'm gonna stop this game when I feel I'm ready to start the game I really want to make". There's still a level of expectation that people have that a game, when it is completed, will be actually completed and have proper endings where everything is wrapped up to a reasonably satisfying degree, even if that game goes from poor quality at the start to awesome quality at the end, proper endings are still expected.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I'm going to do something silly and respond here before the dust settles, despite everyone warning me months ahead of time to avoid my thread when ending a game.

When I started this game, I had zero artistic or writing ability. My thought process was that I need to learn the technical ability first before working on a meaningful story. To those that have been here since the beginning, you'll remember the clusterfuck that were the first few versions. Unfortunately, stories are limited by technical ability. There's a reason why so many Daz games have similar stories and settings (i.e available assets). PT started off as a full on sandbox with stats, money and store to purchase items and the writing was an afterthought. I quickly removed all that before releasing the first version. That perfectly summarizes PT, a learning project for both tangible skills as well as understanding my own preferences. There's a reason why I now recommend every new dev to make their first project a short story instead of their dream game. You learn so much in the first 3-6 months.

To those that feel disappointed or unfulfilled, you have a right to be. There is no argument that can change someone's dissatisfaction. I'm a big boy and can handle seeing this. The only thing that bothers me are the few people claiming "Dom obviously doesn't care about his players and just decided to end the game". I've had no joy working on this game for well over a year. PT had accomplished it's original goal for me by that point. Some of the devs know just how many times I joked about North Korea launching a surprise nuke at MC's city. The only thing that made me extend another year was specifically to resolve the main conflicts and bring some closure for the fans. It's a bit frustrating to be accused of the complete opposite as it makes me feel like I put myself through the meat grinder for no purpose. The choice to learn Blender was crucial to continuing the game. Even though I was not emotionally invested any longer, it was at least exciting to use that time to learn new skills and put them to practice. Reflecting back I can confidently say it was the right decision.

I won't be here to argue or defend the quality or satisfaction of the endings but I will argue that it's indeed finished. These open world games never end. All I could do was was resolve the immediate conflicts that were presented from the start of the game. What happens after is up to you. I could spend another 6 months developing the after, but I'm certain I would return to this thread to see people asking "What happens after after"? Only Mayan's story is unresolved as I cut her original ending because frankly, it was too insane. I'm talking Jack the Ripper levels of insane.

What's Coming Up Next?
I haven't been this excited to work in 3D for a long time. I honestly believe the next game will blow everyone away which is a huge contrast considering I always poked fun of PT. I'll release more details later in a public Patreon post, but this will be my baby. I've learned a lot from making PT not only in technical terms but also personal preferences. For this reason, the next game will be a VN with a tight and well defined scope. I've discovered that I would much rather focus on a small cast of characters and carefully explore and develop their character in depth rather than spreading thin on many.

Here are some of the things taken into consideration for the next project.

• The story in its entirety is being planned and outlined from start to finish, including breaking up into logical episode segments
  • Each character is having a fully fleshed out character reference sheet being developed, which takes into consideration things like personality, appearance, right down to their posture and how they sit.
  • Studying figure drawing to improve posing (I've had to pose everything from scratch since switching to Blender, rather than using Daz pose libraries)
  • Custom sculpting to make poses more natural and believable
  • Custom sculpting unique details for the characters (and no more identical vaginas on everyone)
  • Studying cinematography to understand what makes a shot interesting
  • Lighting and color theory
These are some of the things I've been actively working on for the past year on the side. Some of it made it into PT, others were just an ongoing development on the side. Moving to Blender has opened up a lot of options with the ease of integration with other software. This initial planning process is insanely important. I had another project I wanted to do for a long time but once I sat down to sketch everything out I quickly realized that it's way too ambitious and completely outside of my current ability. I've actually found myself intentionally limiting what I want to accomplish next in order to not stretch myself thin. I feel confident in saying that Personal Trainer will look like Big Blue's skid mark in comparison when the first episode of the next game is released.

To those that were defending me in the thread, thank you. I love you too, . Don't worry, I'm not getting discouraged or hurt in the least bit. To those that expressed their displeasure, no worries. Fair criticism and feedback is always welcomed. To those who sent me hateful private messages, just know that I read them while grinning and rubbing my nipples. Two nipples, two hands.

To everyone, thanks for playing PT and I hope you'll be looking forward to the next project as much as I'm looking forward to making it. Be on the lookout for the monthly renders I'm posting to . These are renders that I'm actively taking time to apply what I've been learning.

Hugs & Tugs

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm going to do something silly and respond here before the dust settles, despite everyone warning me months ahead of time to avoid my thread when ending a game.

When I started this game, I had zero artistic or writing ability. My thought process was that I need to learn the technical ability first before working on a meaningful story. To those that have been here since the beginning, you'll remember the clusterfuck that were the first few versions. Unfortunately, stories are limited by technical ability. There's a reason why so many Daz games have similar stories and settings (i.e available assets). PT started off as a full on sandbox with stats, money and store to purchase items and the writing was an afterthought. I quickly removed all that before releasing the first version. That perfectly summarizes PT, a learning project for both tangible skills as well as understanding my own preferences. There's a reason why I now recommend every new dev to make their first project a short story instead of their dream game. You learn so much in the first 3-6 months.

To those that feel disappointed or unfulfilled, you have a right to be. There is no argument that can change someone's dissatisfaction. I'm a big boy and can handle seeing this. The only thing that bothers me are the few people claiming "Dom obviously doesn't care about his players and just decided to end the game". I've had no joy working on this game for well over a year. PT had accomplished it's original goal for me by that point. Some of the devs know just how many times I joked about North Korea launching a surprise nuke at MC's city. The only thing that made me extend another year was specifically to resolve the main conflicts and bring some closure for the fans. It's a bit frustrating to be accused of the complete opposite as it makes me feel like I put myself through the meat grinder for no purpose. The choice to learn Blender was crucial to continuing the game. Even though I was not emotionally invested any longer, it was at least exciting to use that time to learn new skills and put them to practice. Reflecting back I can confidently say it was the right decision.

I won't be here to argue or defend the quality or satisfaction of the endings but I will argue that it's indeed finished. These open world games never end. All I could do was was resolve the immediate conflicts that were presented from the start of the game. What happens after is up to you. I could spend another 6 months developing the after, but I'm certain I would return to this thread to see people asking "What happens after after"? Only Mayan's story is unresolved as I cut her original ending because frankly, it was too insane. I'm talking Jack the Ripper levels of insane.

What's Coming Up Next?
I haven't been this excited to work in 3D for a long time. I honestly believe the next game will blow everyone away which is a huge contrast considering I always poked fun of PT. I'll release more details later in a public Patreon post, but this will be my baby. I've learned a lot from making PT not only in technical terms but also personal preferences. For this reason, the next game will be a VN with a tight and well defined scope. I've discovered that I would much rather focus on a small cast of characters and carefully explore and develop their character in depth rather than spreading thin on many.

Here are some of the things taken into consideration for the next project.

• The story in its entirety is being planned and outlined from start to finish, including breaking up into logical episode segments
  • Each character is having a fully fleshed out character reference sheet being developed, which takes into consideration things like personality, appearance, right down to their posture and how they sit.
  • Studying figure drawing to improve posing (I've had to pose everything from scratch since switching to Blender, rather than using Daz pose libraries)
  • Custom sculpting to make poses more natural and believable
  • Custom sculpting unique details for the characters (and no more identical vaginas on everyone)
  • Studying cinematography to understand what makes a shot interesting
  • Lighting and color theory
These are some of the things I've been actively working on for the past year on the side. Some of it made it into PT, others were just an ongoing development on the side. Moving to Blender has opened up a lot of options with the ease of integration with other software. This initial planning process is insanely important. I had another project I wanted to do for a long time but once I sat down to sketch everything out I quickly realized that it's way too ambitious and completely outside of my current ability. I've actually found myself intentionally limiting what I want to accomplish next in order to not stretch myself thin. I feel confident in saying that Personal Trainer will look like Big Blue's skid mark in comparison when the first episode of the next game is released.

To those that were defending me in the thread, thank you. I love you too, . Don't worry, I'm not getting discouraged or hurt in the least bit. To those that expressed their displeasure, no worries. Fair criticism and feedback is always welcomed. To those who sent me hateful private messages, just know that I read them while grinning and rubbing my nipples. Two nipples, two hands.

To everyone, thanks for playing PT and I hope you'll be looking forward to the next project as much as I'm looking forward to making it. Be on the lookout for the monthly renders I'm posting to . These are renders that I'm actively taking time to apply what I've been learning.

Hugs & Tugs
I read all of that but the only thing I can remember is "Two nipples, two hands." :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that image! :whistle:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
The only thing that bothers me are the few people claiming "Dom obviously doesn't care about his players and just decided to end the game"
But it is what you did, look i respect you as a developer, but the way you left your game it is what you did, you went from 0 to 100 in one update.

'I've had no joy working on this game for well over a year."
All adults go through this most of the time and in my line of work i go through this alot, doesn't mean i'll just drop my work or left something unfinished, i said i would do it and i keep doing until i made what i was supposed to do.

Again, i'am not trying to throw shots at you nor can i demand something from you, i'am nobody... or better, someone that liked your game, just criticizing. Almost everyone that is posting here is frustrated because they liked your game not the contrary.

Lockyn87

Oct 6, 2018
Maybe the dev could come back to this eventually or make a sequel at some point. Let them start their new project and call this completed.....for now.
yeh hopefully there will be a sequel. got introduced to the ex thought there would have been a threeway scene with her and the cousin but nothing. took forever to bed the gym manager. didnt even get to see the baby born

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
But it is what you did, look i respect you as a developer, but the way you left your game it is what you did, you went from 0 to 100 in one update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

None of these stories are good so none of their resolutions are good.

You can argue that you enjoyed the characters so you wanted to see more, or you hoped the scope of the project would be larger than it is. Maybe you hoped for a harem ending where MC gets to sleep with and live happily ever after with everyone. You can even argue that the stories are dogshit and you only like the characters. What you can't say is that it was abruptly abandoned because it's simply not true.

All adults go through this most of the time and in my line of work i go through this alot, doesn't mean i'll just drop my work or left something unfinished, i said i would do it and i keep doing until i made what i was supposed to do.
I hope you understand that I'm not employed by you or anyone here. I would definitely not be employed at a place that pays below minimum wage and binds me to some specified length of time for employment like indentured servitude. I started this as a hobby to do and relax when coming home after my actual job. It got to the point that I'd rather work in the office than come home and work on this. Despite that, I stuck out another year to resolve the stories but you claim the opposite. This is more akin to a street guitarist having someone toss him a few bucks and saying "Oh no buddy, you're not finished till I say so".

I'm not upset or offended by your comment. This is just a good example for why devs generally avoid engaging in these discussions. It's time consuming with no real benefit. Hell, I responded to a few private messages demanding "the story" be complete. When asked what "the story" was, every one of them had wildly different answers. It's just further proof that the story itself was shitty and unclear but people liked the characters despite the poor writing.

Just to reiterate, I'm not upset or offended by your comment whatsoever. It's just that engaging in this way with everyone is time consuming and I'm too giddy with joy for the work I need to do.

Last edited:

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
I hope you understand that I'm not employed by you or anyone here. I would definitely not be employed at a place that pays below minimum wage and binds me to some specified length of time for employment like indentured servitude. This is more akin to a street guitarist having someone toss him a few bucks and saying "Oh no buddy, you're not finished till I say so".
I don't think that anyone should, to the extent that they can avoid it, do something with their lives that doesn't bring them joy. Having written that, I haven't read a single post where someone insisted that you go back and somehow 'fix' the game - perhaps I missed it if there was - and it is certainly your right not to work on it for one more second.

However...if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck - it's a duck. Most reasonable people, whether they are an ardent supporter of you as an artist or not, would play through this and wonder what the hell just happened. I'm old enough and have read enough to know when someone wrote a brief, ambiguous ending for artistic purposes and when they didn't. I think it would have been more genuine of you to just write 'I was fucking tired of this shit and wanted to move on' than what you wrote in the last couple of posts.

It's a silly little VN, not War And Peace, and I was over it before I hit the "POST REPLY" button. What I am going to remember, however, is this discussion and my opinion of your assertions.

Good luck with your next project.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do know that you are not obligated by any means to do anything for me or anyone here, it was more of a personal opinion, i didn't and i would never demand anything from you or anyone, thats just not who i'am.

Yes, i liked the characters more than the story and i think most here did and no i didn't want more content for them, just closure, sad or happy it doesn't matter, even Amy having a real conversation with MC saying she can't do this anymore, she's free from Mr.Rapist and the MC is not what she needs right now.

And no, i didn't want a harem ending, it doesn't fit here. A simple solution to make a "better" ending that would make everyone less frustrated was when you don't end with Sophie you can chose who you'll "end" with, if you chose Jenna you would call her and say "hey lets hang out, i'll have alot of free time after work from now on.. etc", or go see how Amy was doing and say you'll help her more, and that can be done for every main girl. Just a text would be fine, no renders.

This post might be a bit unorganized and probably have alot of spelling mistakes, it's 2am here and English is not my first language.

I understand its time demanding so i'll just not comment anymore and don't feel bad not responding to me, i just hope you understand that the "fire" for the next project will go down too, when you do something for so long it'll happen and when it happens i hope you take this as a learning experience. Best of luck for your next project.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I have read all the negative comments about the endings and I have yet to play the final chapter.
I know that I will probably be disappointed in the abrupt ending or lack thereof for some of the characters.

I could also make the observation that since this is your learning project, trial run, whatever, you could have taken the opportunity to experiment with writing different satisfying endings...and I think it would be a valid point.

That said, I remember you several posts ago already lamenting that you had lost all passion for the project, and me thinking that maybe on a few of the girls you felt you had written yourself into a corner or into something that had no short term resolution?
Either way, it's absolutely your right to close this experience as you see fit and move on to something you are more passionate about. Your first attempt being of this quality, I am very likely going to try your next project too, because this was, in many ways, one of my favourite games (which is why I'm hesitant to even play the last chapter)... I do hope you won't fall out of love with that before its natural end.
With this game setting a precedent, I could understand patrons being a bit wary about your long term commitment to your next project.

Anyway, I was under the impression that already getting this last chapter out of you would have been a bonus, given your state of mind towards it... so I won't complain....and I'm sure you will survive a few less than stellar ratings brought on by the manner in which the game ended.

Reactions: botc76 and seamanq
3.90 star(s) 167 Votes