Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Guys and girls of the interwebs, there is no point asking when the next update will be.

Domiek never dates out due to being busy.

Updates are released as and when they are ready that is all. Asking will not provide you with a date only one of us saying "when it's ready".

If the update isn't out, it's not ready.

Joepieke

Mar 11, 2017
I mean, instead of having some long-winded speech you probably had a fun time writing out, you could have just said it'll be a while or something :p
If everyone looked a page back before asking, he wouldn't have had to write the speech. Literally 10 posts back he quoted Dom to say he's working on it

TheAnimence8

Oct 15, 2016
I just like being devil's advocate cause like, if I haven't been on a page for a while and its gone up like, 20 pages or something, I wouldn't wanna sit through and read them all. Is it annoying to answer the same question over and over again.
most definitely.jpg

Germanfragger

Apr 15, 2018
For all that are complanig: last Patreon update was 19.5 so not to long ago 30 days in between in a single dev run is very much ok! !

Jul 31, 2019
In case anyone's wondering what's taking so long for an update, Dom has mentioned several times over the last few months that he was switching his visual production suite from Daz to Blender. He said that he went as far as he could with Daz and kept reaching its limits. Once he figured out how to work in Blender, he went back and redid EVERYTHING. That takes a lot of time.

Think of it like starting to shoot a movie in 1080p, then getting your hands on a 4k camera halfway through production. It would look really weird if half the movie looked one way and the last half looked another, so it was feasible for him to just redo what he did before.

Just be patient and play another game in the meantime.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
In case anyone's wondering what's taking so long for an update, Dom has mentioned several times over the last few months that he was switching his visual production suite from Daz to Blender.
He was also declared essential for work, has a wife to keep happy and think up an awesome way to give Ava a very happy ending with Jenna.

That later of which is top priority of course.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Fully engrossing yourself in this kind of thing is guaranteed to burn you out, speaking from experience. What I've found helpful is to set aside a handful of times per week that you deal with community interaction (catching up on forums/discord/etc) and make sure you're not doing any of that right before sitting down to work on your project.

For example, last project I set aside an hour at the end of my Saturday evening dev session to go through social media. Anything I needed to deal with I'd note and handle next dev session. Made things way less stressful.
wouldnt make it something like a AMA a day per week or 2 a month be better? maybe tell people to post questions that you will pick at random and answer. wasting too much time on dealing with people will burn anyone out. specially when your main "job" is to work in the game, need a fresh head to not go insane from the stress...

lkta

May 3, 2017
Seems like it used to get updates every few weeks which was great but has now only had 2 updates since 0.29 was released more than 12 months ago. Will be reaching Milfy City & Gumdrop update frequency soon ;)

v0.29 May 18th 2019
v0.40 August 20th 2019
V0.55 December 16th 2019

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Seems like it used to get updates every few weeks which was great but has now only had 2 updates since 0.29 was released more than 12 months ago. Will be reaching Milfy City & Gumdrop update frequency soon ;)

v0.29 May 18th 2019
v0.40 August 20th 2019
V0.55 December 16th 2019
Out of curiosity, do we know why the version numbers are so unevenly spaced? Does Dom have internal builds that he doesn't release to the public, or does he just amuse himself by picking a random number increase for each release?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Out of curiosity, do we know why the version numbers are so unevenly spaced? Does Dom have internal builds that he doesn't release to the public, or does he just amuse himself by picking a random number increase for each release?
Knowing Domiek, it's probably a dig at people obsessed with version numbers. ;)

3.90 star(s) 168 Votes