potatoman398

Aug 3, 2019
In case anyone's wondering what's taking so long for an update, Dom has mentioned several times over the last few months that he was switching his visual production suite from Daz to Blender. He said that he went as far as he could with Daz and kept reaching its limits. Once he figured out how to work in Blender, he went back and redid EVERYTHING. That takes a lot of time.

Think of it like starting to shoot a movie in 1080p, then getting your hands on a 4k camera halfway through production. It would look really weird if half the movie looked one way and the last half looked another, so it was feasible for him to just redo what he did before.

Just be patient and play another game in the meantime.
Damn, that's really exciting. And would totally justify a lengthy development period.

Reactions: ado

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Damn, that's really exciting. And would totally justify a lengthy development period.
Just to clarify. I'm not redoing renders for content that's already in the game. I'm converting and porting all assets from Daz to Blender, which does require redoing all textures, lighting, cameras, etc. The update currently in development will be done entirely in Blender.

I don't think I've hit the limits of Daz in general. There's still a lot I don't know. Thinking ahead for my next game, I want to involve a lot more animations, simulations and vfx. In this aspect, Daz is very limiting and Blender offers much better tools. For example, animating in Daz feels like working in the dark. You can't see how your animation looks in real time, resulting in very clunky and frustrating work.

Last edited:

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Just to clarify. I'm not redoing renders for content that's already in the game. I'm converting and porting all assets from Daz to Blender, which does require redoing all textures, lighting, cameras, etc. The update currently in development will be done entirely in Blender.

I don't think I've hit the limits of Daz in general. There's still a lot I don't know. Thinking ahead for my next game, I want to involve a lot more animations, simulations and vfx. In this aspect, Daz is very limiting and Blender offers much better tools. For example, animating in Daz feels like working in the dark. You can't see how your animation looks in real time, resulting in very clunky and frustrating work.
Awesome, my friend. Good luck in stretching your tech skills.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Yeah i remember another dev mentioning something along those lines about Blender X Daz.

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Can also save scene as FBX and load in Iclone and animate and take the animation back to daz that can also be done

spas

Jun 22, 2017
Well for 6 months waiting 3 of pausing patreon i nice but I guess not many devs respect their supporters

TNVL

Aug 21, 2018

DAMN, I can understand why it takes a LOT of time then. Do you have any idea for an ETA for next update? or is that to hard to guess right now?
Either way, keep up the good work man!

Reactions: Diff_Uni

IrishTrainer

Aug 14, 2017

It always AWESOME to see the Devs communicating. you do you man! this game is worth the wait!

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
I'm just glad this prom night dumpster baby survived, Domiek. Happy to see it's still on the burner. Can't wait to see what debachery you've cooked up this time. Any hints as what the MC's gonna have on his plate this time??? :D

3.90 star(s) 168 Votes