ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
As for the other points, without going into all the complexity of design choices which can be difficult to explain in the abstract, please understand that this is a work in progress and while I'm trying to make it a coherent experience for people playing along with the early access releases, this isn't a linear VN and was never intended to be, so the gameplay experience is naturally going to make more and more sense as I've had more time to complete it. And without going into spoilers or details that would otherwise give things away, the gameplay structure is actually part of the story and in my opinion essential to it.
Ah okay, I was confused and thought maybe the goal of the game was different, that "do it all in one go" was intentional. I hope you can get a lockdown on the save issue then, seems to be the worst possible bug to have in a game designed like this. Because they individual playthrough can't be valued and enjoyed the way it was meant to. I really do love what's here but all the (unintentionally) mandatory fast forwarding each release makes me feel too detached. It's like Groundhog's Day every time.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Ah okay, I was confused and thought maybe the goal of the game was different, that "do it all in one go" was intentional. I hope you can get a lockdown on the save issue then, seems to be the worst possible bug to have in a game designed like this. Because they individual playthrough can't be valued and enjoyed the way it was meant to. I really do love what's here but all the (unintentionally) mandatory fast forwarding each release makes me feel too detached. It's like Groundhog's Day every time.
Actually I did fix the save issue that was troubling it in the last version - that's why I was able to put out a public release. Saves from the last version that had a random image showing up and obscuring the view will now go away, thanks to the help of Conash and a script that the engine developers finally released.

Reactions: CrinosAD

Crypt

Jul 19, 2019
Huh, that's a bit odd. You can't click on anything on the screen or anything? It sounds sort of like it could be the residual image bug, in which case if you could move around the apartment it would clear up, but if it's not that and it's just hanging then this is another strange save/load bug that I'll need to track down. I have once heard of something kind of like this in another scene; something just breaking if you save before a choice, but that really shouldn't be an issue and hasn't been so in the past. I know those scenes are set up relatively simply and use the engine's built-in choice function, so there shouldn't really be a lot of room for error with them. I'll take a look at it, though.
No the UI is completely gone and your basically just looking at the character your not able to do anything at all. i could prob send you the save if need be, i have no idea where its at atm :p though. but ya no just the same img, this is after i saved and loaded back up, to see what the other choice was. Thanks :D

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
No the UI is completely gone and your basically just looking at the character your not able to do anything at all. i could prob send you the save if need be, i have no idea where its at atm :p though. but ya no just the same img, this is after i saved and loaded back up, to see what the other choice was. Thanks :D
Yeah, sorry I haven't got an answer right now, but I'm asking around about it to see if there's any explanation or solution I can find. I have a vague suspicion that there's something up with the "show choices" command in the engine.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
So with this only the harem route is left, right? How long would you estimate until the game is completed?
No, there's more before that. I don't know why you'd assume there's only three ladies... ;)

As for an estimate, I'm pretty bad at that, but it also depends a bit how technical aspects go, how much people want to see continued expansions to the content (like threesomes, etc) and stuff like that. I certainly will bring it to a satisfying conclusion eventually, but in my opinion a lot of the best stuff is still to come.

danteuiuiuiui

Jan 1, 2018
No, there's more before that. I don't know why you'd assume there's only three ladies... ;)

As for an estimate, I'm pretty bad at that, but it also depends a bit how technical aspects go, how much people want to see continued expansions to the content (like threesomes, etc) and stuff like that. I certainly will bring it to a satisfying conclusion eventually, but in my opinion a lot of the best stuff is still to come.
Ooh, I see. Well then I'm looking forward to what's to come. I haven't played since the Nobuko route so I guess I should just try again now and then see what you're adding next.
Been playing your stuff every once in a while since 'let me in', happy to see you still working hard!

Reactions: BBBen

iamvqb

Nov 7, 2016
Damn it the game is so good every update seems so short lul. Anyway after finishing all the memory bits, if u click on the memory selection screen (the train route thingy), the "End of the line" line would just stay there afterward and u cant get rid of it unless you close the game completely.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Damn it the game is so good every update seems so short lul. Anyway after finishing all the memory bits, if u click on the memory selection screen (the train route thingy), the "End of the line" line would just stay there afterward and u cant get rid of it unless you close the game completely.
Oh, definitely a bug there. Thanks, I'll look into that.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
The GUI was so annoying. That section moving in and out is terrible to the eyes. I had to stop. Such a long intro? It is not a cinema film. No not for me and thanks for the headache.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Question. Is it possible to change the names of the girls? I mean, I'm fine with Jp names and all but I don't see the resemblance. I'd like my names to fit if possible. That and...ugh...kinda tired of Jp stuff in general atm.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
I ran into a bug/glitch. Started a new game, went through the intro, got to my apartment and took the tour. The MC sits on a couch to give himself a peptalk, says it's time to get started and the game states "Now Loading" and has been doing so for the past five minutes or so. Clicking the mouse doesn't continue, nor does hitting the Return/Enter and Esc keys.

I downloaded the game last night, fired it up this morning. So I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest release.

Running the Mac version. Had no issues with a previous version of this game (from about six months ago).

EDIT:

I restarted the game, skipped the intro and was able to start Day 1. Does this game take some time for the 'Now Loading' screens? The 'Now Loading' before Day 2 was long enough to make me think the game hung up again.

EDIT #2:

Ran into the same 'Now Loading' issue after a memory (Emi, rickshaw and the skater chick down by the docks).

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Is there any way to back up? I've misclicked a couple times, once accidentally skipping scene I hadn't seen, and there was no way to recover.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Question. Is it possible to change the names of the girls? I mean, I'm fine with Jp names and all but I don't see the resemblance. I'd like my names to fit if possible. That and...ugh...kinda tired of Jp stuff in general atm.
No, there's voice acting. It's admittedly kind of complicated to explain why there's Japanese names here, because the whole thing one in a series that originally was premised on being kind of a mash up of Eastern and Western elements. While that idea is still kind of there it's quite different now than it used to be. All I can say is that the setting is supposed to be in a fictional Asian country, and some of the characters are definitely inspired by certain anime/hentai genre tropes.

I ran into a bug/glitch. Started a new game, went through the intro, got to my apartment and took the tour. The MC sits on a couch to give himself a peptalk, says it's time to get started and the game states "Now Loading" and has been doing so for the past five minutes or so. Clicking the mouse doesn't continue, nor does hitting the Return/Enter and Esc keys.

I downloaded the game last night, fired it up this morning. So I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest release.

Running the Mac version. Had no issues with a previous version of this game (from about six months ago).

EDIT:

I restarted the game, skipped the intro and was able to start Day 1. Does this game take some time for the 'Now Loading' screens? The 'Now Loading' before Day 2 was long enough to make me think the game hung up again.

EDIT #2:

Ran into the same 'Now Loading' issue after a memory (Emi, rickshaw and the skater chick down by the docks).
This sounds rather like the audio encoding bug that is within the engine code, although I'm not sure I've heard of that happening on Mac before. Something I only became aware of once I was too deep into development to switch engines was that there's a problem with the AudioBuffer code that was chosen by the developers and it makes loading the apartment unstable for some players but not others. Some players get the problem a lot, others just a little, but most people don't see it at all.

I'd love to have a solution and I've been both working with a scripter as well as hassling the engine developers to fix it, but I don't have one yet. If you're only seeing it every now and then then I'd say you're probably okay with just frequent saves, because if you try to load the same thing after it crashed it'll probably work, assuming that doesn't try your patience too much.

Is there any way to back up? I've misclicked a couple times, once accidentally skipping scene I hadn't seen, and there was no way to recover.
On the message box there's a button labelled "backlog" you can use for that, yes, although you won't see the images again.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
My quicky review of the game so far.

I honestly didn't have the highest of hopes going in, despite BBBen being the developer. But I was pleasantly surprised overall. The thing I need to get out right up front is that, for the first time in a long time, I not only enjoyed the story but was intrigued by it. I found myself looking forward more to the story reveal than I was to the next sexy scenario. The measured pace of doling out details of the MC's lost month happens often enough that the story doesn't grow stale, but slow enough that it doesn't feel rushed either. The graphics are fair to middling, the environment is rather bland, but the female characters are distinct and pretty enough to interest and, more importantly, aren't overly stereotyped nor are they personality clones of each other like you see so often in games these days.

My biggest complaint stems from the sparsity if animation. If you are going to put animation in a game, it should be more than 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 scenes. There's just enough to make me wonder why they were added at all, as it just becomes distracting when it is so rare.

If it weren't for the story I'd give it a 3 out of 5. But due to the excellence of the story (imo) it gets a solid 4 out of 5 for me.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
The animated Shizu scene needs to be repeatable!

Also, more Shizu everything :)
I'll eventually add a replay mode, but you can at least get there quickly by starting up the game with "accelerated start" if you want to see it again and don't have a save. :)

I'm going to modify that feature a little bit eventually so that it only jumps you to the sex scenes with characters whose endings you've already seen, but for now it fast starts you with all three.

Reactions: lardtree90

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
This sounds rather like the audio encoding bug that is within the engine code, although I'm not sure I've heard of that happening on Mac before. Something I only became aware of once I was too deep into development to switch engines was that there's a problem with the AudioBuffer code that was chosen by the developers and it makes loading the apartment unstable for some players but not others. Some players get the problem a lot, others just a little, but most people don't see it at all.

I'd love to have a solution and I've been both working with a scripter as well as hassling the engine developers to fix it, but I don't have one yet. If you're only seeing it every now and then then I'd say you're probably okay with just frequent saves, because if you try to load the same thing after it crashed it'll probably work, assuming that doesn't try your patience too much.
Thanks for the response! I'll consider it an occasional bug, I was able to get to Day 6 before the second appearance. Like a user posted a couple of posts ago, the story is pretty engrossing. I've been focusing on the landlady and model characters, the mute school girl is hard to get into. At any rate, thanks again for the quick response. I look forward to seeing how this story plays out.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Hey BBBen, been playing the latest update. Good stuff as always!
I've encountered this bug where, if I start a new game after having ended a run (21 days), it carries it's data forward... Is that meant to happen?

Also, lore-wise;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hey BBBen, been playing the latest update. Good stuff as always!
I've encountered this bug where, if I start a new game after having ended a run (21 days), it carries it's data forward... Is that meant to happen?

Also, lore-wise;
Thanks!
Hmm... well some data is supposed to be carried forward, but not all. Kind of depends what. If you're starting a new game with all the love and hand/eye/mouth stats levelled up, then no, that's weird.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes