Jul 20, 2019
Naaah. I guess BBBen is either afraid to work in renpy, or just have some weird fetish of making games in other engines :unsure:
(at least the last one on unity for a change :BootyTime:)
I actually much prefer it when developers dare to experiment with engines besides renpy. At the very least, it shows a willingness to take on a challenge in the form of using an engine which doesn't have the lowest barrier of entry in the market. The only thing I wish this game had was the text-based style that his earlier games had. Yeah, I'm a freak for real.

Truthfully though, RenPy would be a cakewalk for BBBen. Dude has been making AIF since the early/mid 2000s I believe. Constructing games around user input as variable as text is much harder than creating a game with RenPy. I'd wager BBBen has good reasons for not opting for RenPy

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Yeah, one reason is giving people a fucking aneurysm.
Somewhere in one of his game threads he had an essay on using ADRIFT.... was very revealing....
Has there been a single non-renpy game that was better off for not being made in renpy?
I can think of a few, things like Secret Care Cafe, or other more "game-games". You're mostly correct in that any visual novel style thing would be far better suited to renpy.

Reactions: 4thcrown.diamond

Checker986

Jan 15, 2020
I start the game, now loading pops up with v0.67.0 in the corner and then it continues onto just a blank black screen with the music playing in the background. Any tips for a fix I've been noticing this on some unity games, but it doesn't happen on all.

The Revenant

Jun 3, 2017
I start the game, now loading pops up with v0.67.0 in the corner and then it continues onto just a blank black screen with the music playing in the background. Any tips for a fix I've been noticing this on some unity games, but it doesn't happen on all.
Yup facing the same issue. Let me know if anyone finds a solution to this.
1723901115774.png

Skorm007

Nov 27, 2017
Same issue, after the first 2 pictures of the last girl during the opening credits I get a couple lines of dialogue and then the screen stays black while the music keeps playing. No way to progress.

Skipped that part( and watched it in an older version), and now the game is stuck on the first screen in the docks on day 6 and none of the interactables are responding to my clicks...

Yeah that's probably it for me and this version, I'll wait till things are more stable.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes