Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.12.3] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Is there a way to turn incest off?
I'd guess the easiest way to turn incest off would be to simply delete the "incest_patch.rpyc" file and start a new game. :unsure: Yes, I could be wrong, but I think the name of that file gives a pretty big clue as to what it does! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: zoe_meat

fobar

Apr 29, 2017
entering school:

While running game code:
File "game/script_loc/loc10_school.rpy", line 20, in script
if "Flowers" in loc10_fio_gifted and jen_route == "yand" and loc10_jen_yand_warning == 1:
File "game/script_loc/loc10_school.rpy", line 20, in <module>
if "Flowers" in loc10_fio_gifted and jen_route == "yand" and loc10_jen_yand_warning == 1:
NameError: name 'loc10_fio_gifted' is not defined
If you want you can fix this by adding in scripts.rpy:

default loc10_fio_gifted = []

but you will run into other issues (undefined other variables). This is not by any means fix but a hack, if you are impatient.

The best, is to wait for Lain to update the mod.

Reactions: kifon

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Mega and Google download links in OP are both dead. Anybody got a different download link?

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Mega and Google download links in OP are both dead. Anybody got a different download link?
Links are dead probably becuse mod is updating to new version now as we can see in the post quoted below.
So we all have to wait patiently until the mod is updated to the latest version of the game v0.12.1.

Instead of writing a update request it is faster to simply check her Subscribe Star Page where you will find this:
View attachment 1230770
and then there would be no need for a request update posting here.

Reactions: linustech

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Links are dead probably becuse mod is updating to new version now as we can see here.
So we all have to wait patiently until the mod is updated to the latest version of the game v0.12.1.
oops, sorry, my eyes must be going bad, i thought it said the correct game version in OP. I misread that. Sorry again.

zoe_meat

Aug 8, 2020
Is there a way to turn incest off?
I just remind myself its only a game but I do sympathize with you I was just like you when I landed in this world took me awhile to sort of compromise I usually play the ones that refer to tenant or something like that and the ones that refer to mom theirs certain ones I completely avoid the ones that's more comical I just ignore the name when it pops up or ignore the character completely if possible 90% of games here are incest unfortunately so theirs 2 choice deal or not. Where the Heart is that is a perfect example of a game thats threading the lines of incest without being incest because both incest and non incest players love it and thats a game thats been in production for atleast 3 yrs that says alot

robodude77

May 10, 2019
Does anyone know what it is with this mod that causes the game to crash on startup when using a Developer Console enabler file at the same time? I can either have this mod or my developer console file, not both. I'm not smart enough to understand what the crash log is saying for certain, but it seemed like it had to do with "Lain_Overrides.rpyc".

Is there any way to be able to enable the developer console while still having this mod installed? Just to be clear, i'm referring to the dev console activated by pressing "Shift+D". I like to check out the "Variable Viewer" throughout the game.

Reactions: genthrow

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Having used many of Lain's mods on over a dozen games without issue, all I can say is the problem is much more likely in the "enabler file" than with Lain's mod. Lain generally works directly with game devs to make sure her mods run flawlessly on their games; given past experience over the last two years, I trust Lain's mods above any others out there. Look to your "enabler file" for the conflict.

fobar

Apr 29, 2017
Does anyone know what it is with this mod that causes the game to crash on startup when using a Developer Console enabler file at the same time? I can either have this mod or my developer console file, not both. I'm not smart enough to understand what the crash log is saying for certain, but it seemed like it had to do with "Lain_Overrides.rpyc".

Is there any way to be able to enable the developer console while still having this mod installed? Just to be clear, i'm referring to the dev console activated by pressing "Shift+D". I like to check out the "Variable Viewer" throughout the game.
The mod replaces some of the game rpy files. Because the base that the current mod is build on is different than the current game, you see issues. Wait for Lain to update the mod. Long live lain mod.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Also because of that, some third-party mods conflict with Lain's mod. Very rarely is any other mod even needed with Lain's installed, tbh, since Lain tends to consult with the game's dev or dev team and include all improvements the devs are inclined to have added to their games, including certain... relationship patches, where appropriate. From the sound of things, you're trying to use a mod that messes with the Ren'py framework underlying the game. Since the game's ren'py files have been customized by the mod, again with the game dev's permission, you may indeed have an either/or situation between that mod and Lain's. Try again when Lain updates the mod for this game; if that doesn't fix the conflict, then the two mods are simply incompatible.

User11052021

May 11, 2021
If you want you can fix this by adding in scripts.rpy:

default loc10_fio_gifted = []

but you will run into other issues (undefined other variables). This is not by any means fix but a hack, if you are impatient.

The best, is to wait for Lain to update the mod.
Thanks for this solution.
I'm very impatience and now have a similar issue on the Alley.
Can this be fixed in a similar way?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks!

kifon

Apr 30, 2018

Thanks!
I ve encountered this as well, after some time and trying few things i found out simply typing default fio_keys = [] in the same place as the first fix solves this.

Reactions: User11052021

fobar

Apr 29, 2017

Thanks!
Yes. This time the variable type is integer:

default fio_keys = 0

This is hack and it might brake something else unintentionally. Use at your own responsibility.

Reactions: User11052021
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes