• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Picture Perfect - OscarSix's Walkthrough, Scene Gallery, Cheat, Improvements Mod [0.14] [SuperWriter]

Exempt.

Dec 2, 2019
How do you see script files when they seem all encoded? and look like this....

�FSU'm�$U�A�X^dl��ƣ�VE�M$-H[I�d�����X�7Z�$`Ug�QªiT�Y�(IU3�j&��bl��f��E��P�KZm]$i�A[���ƺȽ�gVuU[%�ZBU]���T�����n�V��`j������u�VF��
��\�n��ܛ-r�`Uw�Yª�T�]�,IU��j=��al��6��C��P�LZmm$i[A�Ƶ���Ƚ�2gV�T�%��EU=���T�����^�v��`/j����}���VG���\�m��ܛ-tbUo�aªCT�[�0IU����
66LlGQV�#Ԏ����$�8h'���X�7:ӟĪ>j˄U�����e��NC�^bl��΢�VH��#-D[!I�y�.p���Brot���U}զ

I'm using Atom on the scripts file to see if I could make walkthroughs for some other games I enjoy that don't have them.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017

�FSU'm�$U�A�X^dl��ƣ�VE�M$-H[I�d�����X�7Z�$`Ug�QªiT�Y�(IU3�j&��bl��f��E��P�KZm]$i�A[���ƺȽ�gVuU[%�ZBU]���T�����n�V��`j������u�VF��
��\�n��ܛ-r�`Uw�Yª�T�]�,IU��j=��al��6��C��P�LZmm$i[A�Ƶ���Ƚ�2gV�T�%��EU=���T�����^�v��`/j����}���VG���\�m��ܛ-tbUo�aªCT�[�0IU����

I'm using Atom on the scripts file to see if I could make walkthroughs for some other games I enjoy that don't have them.
Use a text editor like Notepad++ . I always use that and never faced any issues.

Sep 11, 2018

open the .rpy file not .rpyc files those are encoded. Which is why you got that text above. Also, adam is fine but most people just use notpad++.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019

You opened a compressed file, either .rpa or .rpyc, you need to use a program like "Unren" to extract the files. .rpy are the script files.
I started using atom too, Notepad++ has some useful plugins that sped up the work.
If you need any further help it is easiest if you contact me on discord: OscarSix#5647

Reactions: Yuri L

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Since the latest game update is only voice acting and music, am I right in assuming that no change is needed in the mod?

Ch.6 (VA+M)
Voice Acting + Music have been added to chapter1.

Reactions: Elohim888

ducktails

May 17, 2018
Since the latest game update is only voice acting and music, am I right in assuming that no change is needed in the mod?
The files the mod touches have different sizes between regular Ch.6 and the voiced ones so I'd say the mod needs to be updated too.
Edit: Just the first chapter's file (U1.rpy) to be more precise. If you are past that then most likely okay to use the mod before the update, just make a backup of the original files to be safe. (Guessing voices will not play with the modded ch1.)

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
The files the mod touches have different sizes between regular Ch.6 and the voiced ones so I'd say the mod needs to be updated too.
Edit: Just the first chapter's file (U1.rpy) to be more precise. If you are past that then most likely okay to use the mod before the update, just make a backup of the original files to be safe. (Guessing voices will not play with the modded ch1.)
Why would file sizes etc. matter? This is a walkthrough mod. It highlights the recommended choices. Unless it is going by line numbers rather than detecting lines with choices, it should work as is.

ducktails

May 17, 2018
Why would file sizes etc. matter? This is a walkthrough mod. It highlights the recommended choices. Unless it is going by line numbers rather than detecting lines with choices, it should work as is.
It means there were changes to the file. It doesn't matter what a mod does if it works in a way that it replaces the files it has to be updated to keep up with the changes in that file.

In this case, these changes are probably just calling the audio so this only affects you if you want to play chapter 1 with the voice lines. Didn't check though, there could be refactorings in there too that's not in the changelog.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
2020/05/12: Updated Mod, Ch. 7

Change Log:
  • Updated mod to 0.7
Future Development Plan:
- Gallery Mod
- Scene/Gameplay Improvements

Download: -

Last edited:

danomator

Jan 21, 2020
2020/05/12: Updated Mod, Ch. 7

Change Log:
  • Updated mod to 0.7
Future Development Plan:
- Gallery Mod
- Scene/Gameplay Improvements

Download: -
i got an error with the mod in the scene where you can sleep with paris and sasha or sabrina and miracle. seems to be related to the "both" option the mod gives.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
i got an error with the mod in the scene where you can sleep with paris and sasha or sabrina and miracle. seems to be related to the "both" option the mod gives.
Hmm, I believe I know why. I will release a fix in a couple of hours.

Reactions: krakos9