• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Abandoned Pie In The Sky [v0.5.0 Ruby Edition] [Emmerald Entertainment]

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
V4 is available on Patreon.

We'd love if some of you would consider supporting us, we put so much effort into each build, and we'd love to keep doing this as long as we can.

Please enjoy!

Public build will be out sometime this month, though I'm not sure yet.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Looks like the build has been leaked here, please let me know how you found this update, we enjoy feedback.

Also, we shipped this build with saves that haven't been released here (as I'm still fixing up our infrastructure to be a little better than how it started). If you'd like them, please let me know, but honestly our game doesn't have much grind or downtime at all, so it's pretty easy to play from the beginning.

In other news, android build found here:

We've implemented a patreon code this update. We don't have any desire to paywell much content, but it does upgrade one scene to an animation, which you may enjoy.

Thanks for playing!

This is the equivalent of "like comment and subscribe", but obviously our patreon (and the code) is here: , we'd love if you'd consider supporting us.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
So this scene spossed to be non-animated? Animation is not playing in my game and i dont have problem with others.

1609714543924.png

Grimm96

Apr 21, 2019
honestly pretty refreshing approach from dev will definitely support after trying this out as i like what I've seen so far in the comments.

Luis Nope

Jun 25, 2018
Looks like the build has been leaked here, please let me know how you found this update, we enjoy feedback.

Also, we shipped this build with saves that haven't been released here (as I'm still fixing up our infrastructure to be a little better than how it started). If you'd like them, please let me know, but honestly our game doesn't have much grind or downtime at all, so it's pretty easy to play from the beginning.

Mega

We've implemented a patreon code this update. We don't have any desire to paywell much content, but it does upgrade one scene to an animation, which you may enjoy.

Thanks for playing!

This is the equivalent of "like comment and subscribe", but obviously our patreon (and the code) is here: , we'd love if you'd consider supporting us.
Hey dev, one question, will you, on the next release, make the scene that was not animated for non-patreons to be animated? That would certainly be something really nice of you

And btw, You should put a photo on your profile and change you status for game developer, it would make things clearer.

I have been following the progress of the game since it first release, really enjying so far, mainly know that the bugs seems to have vanished.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018

Mega

Thanks for playing!

Thank you for your nice game! May I ask, how do you work with save files? It seems that the saves from v0.3 are not entirely compatible and we need to start from the beginng...

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
honestly pretty refreshing approach from dev will definitely support after trying this out as i like what I've seen so far in the comments.
Thank you, that helps a lot. Hope you like our next update!
Hey dev, one question, will you, on the next release, make the scene that was not animated for non-patreons to be animated? That would certainly be something really nice of you

And btw, You should put a photo on your profile and change you status for game developer, it would make things clearer.

I have been following the progress of the game since it first release, really enjying so far, mainly know that the bugs seems to have vanished.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
As far as releasing animated scenes for all in future builds, it seems like a reasonable thing for the full game, or as a patreon goal (though maybe that's a disincentive).

Honestly, patreon exclusive stuff isn't something we even want to do particularly, we just want to make sure we survive as a studio. So put it this way, it's likely we'll do something about it in future.

And yeah, I'm not sure where to get the Game Dev tag, but I'll look at changing my profile. Thanks.

Thank you for your nice game! May I ask, how do you work with save files? It seems that the saves from v0.3 are not entirely compatible and we need to start from the beginng...
Saves for end of v1, and v3 here:

Ultimately, when I joined the project, the code wasn't great. I've made entirely new systems, but that means some of the old data is just not correct any more, which prevents saves loading. It would take more effort than it's worth to fix up.

See my post above for comments about saves also.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
can someone update the change log?
Off the top of my head:
- Introduced lei's questline.
- Rat attack in the forge.
- Expansion of hera's questline (multiple scenes)
- Volcano adventure with lei.
- Hera scenes (as a part of questline).

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
T
So this scene spossed to be non-animated? Animation is not playing in my game and i dont have problem with others.

View attachment 970183
That scene is non-animated anyway. There was a lot of art to do this build, and we had to make some sacrifices somewhere. If people are interested, we may go back and improve old scenes eventually (for example, the early tammara scene is a little different in style to the rest of the game these days).

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
Dev, I don't know is this all the content available right now (v0.4.0) but somehow i was able to interact with the ladder in Chief Shack and the girl disappear on the next visit the i got this quest to The Chief Daughter
and that's all ...
ah and the quest Go Fish is till Tomorrow we paddle
I'm wondering have i broke the game or this is all for now :)
And yeah, to not forget ... the game is fresh (interesting way to relax from all the ... other games here) :D and the music helps ofc

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
Dev, I don't know is this all the content available right now (v0.4.0) but somehow i was able to interact with the ladder in Chief Shack and the girl disappear on the next visit the i got this quest to The Chief Daughter
and that's all ...
And yeah, to not forget ... the game is fresh (interesting way to relax from all the ... other games here) :D and the music helps ofc
So where are you on the quest The Chief's Daughter? The chief is supposed to punish you (and doesn't) and you're supposed to meet him at the apothecary (Tammara's place). Usually you have to complete other quests to be able to continue, so it seems you should try to complete Go Fish.

In any case, there's a bit more content left, notably Mist Fortune and Lei questline.

Reactions: NamesRed

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
and that's all ...
There should be a lot more content left. Visit daddy shark to advance go fish, or visit big chief to advance hera's. If you think there's an error, please send me your save, and I will look at it personally, thanks.

Thank you for your kind words.

Reactions: AcTePuKc

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Same thing here, the girl is gone and stuck at tomorrow we paddle.
Checked out your save. At night use the ladder to get to Hera's room.

Daddy shark will unlock after progressing hera (Though I admit, it's not a very good objective description, will fix it)

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
and that's all ...
The above may be relevant to you also.

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
gallery don't ask for code, simply is all blank. In patreon code that code isnt correct.
Well it's mostly because the mod is for older version. I will take a look in few hours.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Well it's mostly because the mod is for older version. I will take a look in few hours.
The new gallery API is something I'm pretty proud of, for your mod you'll probably just need to add a boolean alongside our patreon checker, or simulate the seen labels stored in renpy's "persistent". I'm even happy to add a flag if this helps you, but it should be pretty simple.

Oh, I didn't even mention patreons get full access to the gallery (new scenes sadly won't be there till the public build later this month). All I'll ask is please don't modify the patreon level if that's okay (although I'm sure the code will end up here eventually), thanks

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes