Ren'Py Abandoned Pie In The Sky [v0.5.0 Ruby Edition] [Emmerald Entertainment]

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Any pregnancy content planned?
We've got nothing against it, so it's entirely possible if our patreons ask for it (they fund the game, so we aim to please). The next versions content is never planned until the public build releases of each version. So nothing planned, but there's a good chance if people ask.

Reactions: Tataro

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
We've got nothing against it, so it's entirely possible if our patreons ask for it (they fund the game, so we aim to please). The next versions content is never planned until the public build releases of each version. So nothing planned, but there's a good chance if people ask.

Sounds good. I'm sure once it takes off you'll get either pregnancy requests of incest. Those two rule the site.

On another note. Just ran trough the game a bit. You may wanna make it REALLY simple in the journal what you're expected to do. A lot of people don't really pay too much attention to dialogue when trying out a game and snags make them quit before trying it out and thus end up not playing and not supporting. Especially for fetch quests like the one for Tamara. Instead of I need this ingredient write I need this ingredient, I can find it here by doing this or getting this for this character etc..

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Sounds good. I'm sure once it takes off you'll get either pregnancy requests of incest. Those two rule the site.

On another note. Just ran trough the game a bit. You may wanna make it REALLY simple in the journal what you're expected to do. A lot of people don't really pay too much attention to dialogue when trying out a game and snags make them quit before trying it out and thus end up not playing and not supporting. Especially for fetch quests like the one for Tamara. Instead of I need this ingredient write I need this ingredient, I can find it here by doing this or getting this for this character etc..
Yeah we're still refining our particualr game design, the early quests are more of a point and click puzzler, but we're gradually refining the quest log to be more direct.

Thanks for playing!

P.S.
Relevant
1609811143855.png

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
I tried this out but I was put off because the game just throws you into the world without giving any introduction of the characters at all. Like how are u just friends with a nymph from the start? It doesn't give any explanation. Also the other characters, the MC just seems to know everyone in the village. But we as a player doesn't know any of them. I think it would be better to give an introduction to all characters so that we know who they are

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
I tried this out but I was put off because the game just throws you into the world without giving any introduction of the characters at all. Like how are u just friends with a nymph from the start? It doesn't give any explanation. Also the other characters, the MC just seems to know everyone in the village. But we as a player doesn't know any of them. I think it would be better to give an introduction to all characters so that we know who they are
It's a style, I don't think your criticism is valid. Established characters are fine, you learn about them through their interactions, and you skip the boring introductions. For example, the introduction of Red Dead 2, which is fantastic. All the characters are established, and there are no attempts at introductions, we learn who they are as the story progresses.

Another example - Kim from `Better Call Saul`. Introduced through a basically silent scene and leads to a far more interesting storyline than if the characters were shown meeting for the first time. I'd advise you to give this stylistic choice a go, and let the story guide you and reveal what it needs, rather than needing every story to follow the exact same beats.

Last edited:
Reactions: tombeir

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
It's a style, I don't think your critiscm is valid. Established characters are fine, you learn about them through their interactions, and you skip the boring introductions. For example, the introduction of Red Dead 2, which is fantastic. All the characters are established, and there are no attempts at introductions, we learn who they are as the story progresses.

Another example - Kim from `Better Call Saul`. Introduced through a basically silent scene and leads to a far more interesting storyline than if the characters were shown meeting for the first time. I'd advise you to give this stylistic choice a go, and let the story guide you and reveal what it needs, rather than needing every story to follow the exact same beats.
Ok I'll play it further and see if I like it more :)

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Ok I'll play it further and see if I like it more :)
I really hope you like it, we really put a lot of effort into the dialogue you experience later in the game, and we hope we'll just continue to improve with each update.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Sorry, if this was answered few days ago. I met a bug after playing from your save: every mission, or better to say, sequence in different place (i. e. cave, chief's house etc.), displayed twice = so it was necessary to play it again to be able to proceed to the next sequence. :oops: :)

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
Sorry, if this was answered few days ago. I met a bug after playing from your save: every mission, or better to say, sequence in different place (i. e. cave, chief's house etc.), displayed twice = so it was necessary to play it again to be able to proceed to the next sequence. :oops: :)
yeah, sometimes it happened to me as well.
one has to make sure they go "back" and don't active again the event.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
yeah, sometimes it happened to me as well.
one has to make sure they go "back" and don't active again the event.
I believe the changes I've made for the public build should solve these issues. Apologies for any inconvienience.

For now, rebooting the game then loading the original provided saves may fix your issue.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
What is the Patreon Code?
It's on patreon. As we grow I'm sure people will share the codes more, as there'll simply be more people to do so, and we'll need the support slightly less. But right now, sadly we do need the support.

We try not to paywall much, you still the same scene(s), just not animated.

Thank you to all those who support.

Reactions: pilgrim2003

WangSmacker

Jun 26, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the game won't allow me to get the magical saliva. I've talked to every character, clicked everything I can, and restarted the game several times and can't progress past that part.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
We just posted a new patreon poll, it's available to patreons so if you're interested in shaping our future, please consider responding. Thanks.

Reactions: jackaaa
4.50 star(s) 15 Votes