4.60 star(s) 40 Votes

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Everyone's waiting on the edge of their seat for the update to be posted to Patreon some time today, but I'm predicting that we won't see it shared here until the middle of the week.

• Sad
Reactions: BelloFiore

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Everyone's waiting on the edge of their seat for the update to be posted to Patreon some time today, but I'm predicting that we won't see it shared here until the middle of the week.
I sure as hell hope that is true. At this point we have pages worth of people piling on every single day praying for its (and presumably their) release. I'd say that the dev has more than earned the financial support. I doubt any of us wants to imagine that the dev might stop producing because he can't afford to spend the time on it.

If someone can't afford to support him over on Patreon, that's ok, they only have to wait a little longer to get it for free. We can have it free or we can have it fast, but we can't have both.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
If someone can't afford to support him over on Patreon, that's ok, they only have to wait a little longer to get it for free. We can have it free or we can have it fast, but we can't have both.
For me the problem of supporting a dev is not the money, at least on lower tiers, but that it is Patreon. I boycott Patreon for it´s dubious "quality control" and the abyssal way they treat the boys and girls making them money! Patreon are a... of the highest caliber. I do not support such a bunch of self-censored so that they can continue to treat creators like dirt.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
For me the problem of supporting a dev is not the money, at least on lower tiers, but that it is Patreon. I boycott Patreon for it´s dubious "quality control" and the abyssal way they treat the boys and girls making them money! Patreon are a... of the highest caliber. I do not support such a bunch of self-censored so that they can continue to treat creators like dirt.
I support him on Patreon, I would do the same on other channels, because right now he is the only Dev that brings out updates on the regular basis with a great story behind it.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. I can say from my personal experience as a creator on Patreon for almost four years, I have not had any issues with them that I couldn't handle. I certainly have not been treated poorly. Frankly, I've had very little interaction with them directly during that time. I think that's likely true for most creators who don't violate the Terms of Service.

Given that the dev is using Patreon as his primary means of support for the game, I can almost guarantee you that he is willing to put up with whatever you think Patreon is dishing out in exchange for the financial benefits. So please don't refuse to support the dev in some signal of solidarity with his "best interests"---I think he'd rather just have the support. If he is providing something of value to you, it's a nice thing to do (if you can do it).

All that said, if you still choose not to support the dev, that's still perfectly ok. Just please don't rush the premature release. Let the dev have a few days to get some financial support from those who choose to do so.

(Also, to be clear: I am in no way associated with this developer other than being a huge fan just like the rest of you. I am empathetic with the difficulties that all artistic creators have in getting paid for their work, despite the very clear value that it brings to the people who enjoy it.)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. I can say from my personal experience as a creator on Patreon for almost four years, I have not had any issues with them that I couldn't handle. I certainly have not been treated poorly. Frankly, I've had very little interaction with them directly during that time. I think that's likely true for most creators who don't violate the Terms of Service.

Given that the dev is using Patreon as his primary means of support for the game, I can almost guarantee you that he is willing to put up with whatever you think Patreon is dishing out in exchange for the financial benefits. So please don't refuse to support the dev in some signal of solidarity with his "best interests"---I think he'd rather just have the support. If he is providing something of value to you, it's a nice thing to do (if you can do it).

All that said, if you still choose not to support the dev, that's still perfectly ok. Just please don't rush the premature release. Let the dev have a few days to get some financial support from those who choose to do so.

(Also, to be clear: I am in no way associated with this developer other than being a huge fan just like the rest of you. I am empathetic with the difficulties that all artistic creators have in getting paid for their work, despite the very clear value that it brings to the people who enjoy it.)
Well, glad you had no run-in with the not so nice side of Patreon so far! I am a hobby-writer and debated putting something on Patreon, but I learned about the fate of some creators who did not earn the treatment they got. The "violation of ToS" is controlled extremly arbitrary. Some controllers are close to anything goes, but a majority on Patreon has no deftness of touch whatsoever.

Reactions: Surprise & Delight

drakov

Sep 25, 2023
I support him on Patreon, I would do the same on other channels, because right now he is the only Dev that brings out updates on the regular basis with a great story behind it.

I contradict you here !!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :LOL::LOL::LOL: He is not the only dev who updates games monthly, there are other cool games that are updated monthly example: Babysitters, Her Desire, A Couple Duet of Love & Lust, The Adventurous Couple, etc !!!

Reactions: Turret
4.60 star(s) 40 Votes