Huli

Working on Housemates
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I think the story is the worst part of this game. Like, the basics of it was alright, but the needless melodrama towards the end was super unnecessary and frankly boring.

The art could be better, but it was overall pretty good. I liked the animations and poses. The washing machine thing was fun. However, I think it was a missed opportunity that the devs didn't let you do things like take her out on dates, get her outfits that you could make her wear (mix and match, etc.), and other customization.

I also found it kind of funny that the player character is apparently cool with

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seems kinda weird, given the idea that he has never gotten over her death and the similarities to her is why he likes the android. :') Unless I misinterpreted something.
Plastic Soul was never supposed to be a long game with dating mechanics and all that. It's just a year long project to see how much I can do on renpy in a year. I can't do mechanics like swappable outfits since that'll mean I need to animate every outfit for every scene, and I rather just have more scenes. Glad you like the animations though! I try to make up for the less complex character designs with animations.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zaeth026

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Plastic Soul was never supposed to be a long game with dating mechanics and all that. It's just a year long project to see how much I can do on renpy in a year. I can't do mechanics like swappable outfits since that'll mean I need to animate every outfit for every scene, and I rather just have more scenes. Glad you like the animations though! I try to make up for the less complex character designs with animations.
Well, we know the wife's identity if it's a reference to your first game. :ROFLMAO: Although it is clear that these are two different games, well, there are characters similar to those from your old game.

And congratulations on finishing the game. (y)

Huli

Working on Housemates
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Well, we know the wife's identity if it's a reference to your first game. :ROFLMAO: Although it is clear that these are two different games, well, there are characters similar to those from your old game.

And congratulations on finishing the game. (y)
Thanks! But no, only Kayley and Jun is from lovelust.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Huli
I'd like to add that I probably liked your first game more than Plastic Soul.

There was a good atmosphere and the story itself, the main thing was several paths that the player could take.
And in general, the whole game gives off the feeling that the developer really put his love into this project.

The same cannot be said about Plastic Soul, where there are many fewer such moments.

Yes, I am aware that you wrote that this is a test project on a new engine. But I’d rather wait another year to see what Plastic Soul would be like, if you put the same amount of love into it as in Lovelust: Project Stockholm. ;)

Huli

Working on Housemates
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Huli
I'd like to add that I probably liked your first game more than Plastic Soul.

There was a good atmosphere and the story itself, the main thing was several paths that the player could take.
And in general, the whole game gives off the feeling that the developer really put his love into this project.

The same cannot be said about Plastic Soul, where there are many fewer such moments.

Yes, I am aware that you wrote that this is a test project on a new engine. But I’d rather wait another year to see what Plastic Soul would be like, if you put the same amount of love into it as in Lovelust: Project Stockholm. ;)
Yeah, I want to have more time for development too but it's just not financially viable right now. All I can do right now is finish one game a year, hope it sells enough for me to make another one in two years and so on. It's easy to say if you put this much time in then it would be perfect but it's never that easy.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Yeah, I want to have more time for development too but it's just not financially viable right now. All I can do right now is finish one game a year, hope it sells enough for me to make another one in two years and so on. It's easy to say if you put this much time in then it would be perfect but it's never that easy.
Baldus Gate 3? :ROFLMAO:

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
Does anyone know any other games of a similar style? Sort of like you got 1 main girl, and you live together and it's a sandbox and you can do various repeated scenes sort of like training her?

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
How the bloody hell do I disable this shit.

I can click Yes. But nothing will happen, it'll act as if I clicked No, and simply close that "window", taking me back to whatever I was doing before.
Seems to be an issue with newer Ren'Py games (Likely the engine itself).

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Huli, I want to thank you for the game, I enjoyed it. I hope you will have new projects, but I would like to note that if this game was really your first project, then the result is well deserving of quite a high praise. I wish you further success in your creative work!

Reactions: Huli

hyago102

Nov 4, 2018
Anyone have de 1.0 android version or know how to play this game on JoiPlay? I try download the Windows version and play on it, but when I click on the game a window open, try to load and them just close!
I search a little and already try update my RenPy version, but even that didn't work

Reactions: Diff_Uni

Goronthil

Jul 14, 2017
Huli
I'm a little confused, there is no end in the game ?
I mean after the news about collecting the robots and the little hug, there is nothing, right ?
No epilogue or ending screen. Just the game without new event.
Or am I missing something ?

Huli

Working on Housemates
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Huli
I'm a little confused, there is no end in the game ?
I mean after the news about collecting the robots and the little hug, there is nothing, right ?
No epilogue or ending screen. Just the game without new event.
Or am I missing something ?
Just pass time for a few more days.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Goronthil
4.50 star(s) 12 Votes