Ren'Py Abandoned Playing with My Family [v0.0.5] [Sr.Bacon]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Very bad news guys....

The creator just decided to take a pause of at least 6 months, due to personal problems.
He says that the game is not abandonned, but 6 months it is a lot since this game was just born.

I have stopped pledging, for sure. It is sad.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Very bad news guys....

The creator just decided to take a pause of at least 6 months, due to personal problems.
He says that the game is not abandonned, but 6 months it is a lot since this game was just born.

I have stopped pledging, for sure. It is sad.
Just saw this, and it's quite sad, as, visually, this game was really rather good, and most importantly, different. A real shame :(

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
It is sad that a lot of DEV's end up abandoning their works because of personal reasons. What can we do, its life. :unsure: :cry: What would be nice thou, if F95zone had a section where project's are about to be abandoned, so than it can be posted there by their original DEV's for any other person to take over and just continue. This way the new DEV's can just pick up the game production from where it was left off.:unsure::)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Aug 18 at 8:35pm
Sorry...

Hello guys! I feel I owe you explanations, so come on.

My real name is Ygor and I'm 21 years old.

Since I was 12 years old, I have suffered from anxiety disorder and panic attacks, over the years I have had ups and downs, but in recent years I have had ups and downs due to a gaming course and a new relationship.

In September last year when I finished the games course and had the idea of creating a visual novel in my spare time, for 4 months I studied Daz 3d and Renpy.

And finally in January of this year, the development of Playing With My Family started, but my personal life was not going well, my relationship that was about to turn 3, it ended, it shook me a lot, but I moved on ...

By the end of February the development of Playing With My Family was about to end, but unfortunately another incident happened.

My father was involved in a car crash that caused him to fall into a deep coma. It was a shock to me, it seems that everything bad that had happened in the last months was being thrown on me, so I ended up in a depression.

Still I didn't want to abandon the project so I launched the game and asked 6 months to resume game development. To be honest with all of you I thought the game would fill this void that's in me but unfortunately it didn't fill ...

That way I started working full time in a factory to pay for treatment with a psychologist, and help with hospital expenses and my home, because my father, despite waking up from his coma, is still hospitalized.

Sorry guys but I feel very bad (psychologically) ... I don't know how long I'll keep this up and I don't want to give you false hopes. So this is goodbye, Playing With My Family is officially abandoned.

I apologize and thank you for all the support you have given me, I am surprised that even after this time you send me messages! Amid this chaos that is in my life you were very important for me not to give up, words do not describe how I feel for you! seriously you guys are amazing!

I hope you understand my outburst, everything I said came from the bottom of my heart, I'm really sorry about that ...

Reactions: mrblackjohn

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
krys69

They would have to have permission from the DEV's of the games before it could done that way as even if a game is abandoned it's still the original DEV's game and a person can't take it over without the original DEV's permission.

Reactions: mrblackjohn

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
krys69

They would have to have permission from the DEV's of the games before it could done that way as even if a game is abandoned it's still the original DEV's game and a person can't take it over without the original DEV's permission.
Right, I meant for the section to be for the original Dev's, a spot where they can post all the material thus far for their specific project's. Than of course announce and mark them self that they abandon the project's and that anyone that's interested in continuing the further development can go and use what they have had available without any problems. :unsure:

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Technically the game still could be completed by a dev that knows how to do it the right way, even without the original IP owner's permission. For example, Fair use allows for commentary / critique, parody & any other use that's transformative in nature. So as long as the continued project under the new dev falls under that category, then it's fair game. Additionally since the dev publicly announced that he's abandoning it, he cannot claim any lost monetary assets from someone else continuing it, as the very nature of his abandonment ceases his own monetary gain from it. Likewise, the continued game could be presented as a "fan game" or as a parody, which again, falls under fair use. Additionally, if the new dev does the game for free & does not monetarily benefit themselves, they would have the added protection of arguing that they did it for free for a small community of fans, (like this one here), so that they could see the project completed & not for monetary gain, which also would not constitute a copyright violation. I'm just saying, for any Dev's out there with the balls to do it, it could be a worthwhile opportunity, not just for this game, but any abandoned game. Nergal did it with Wootch's old game "Urban X life" when he remade it as "Urban Demons" so it can be done.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes