Please help me decide. Create a 2d or 3d game? Samples of my work included.

zapzero

Jul 19, 2021
3D models are a dime a dozen. You need a STRONG story and concept to stand out in 3D.

Pretty sure, the standard of your art alone in 2D makes you unique and wanted by many other devs.

But at the end of the day it is about production, vision and commitment to the project. Can you maintain the quality and content till the end?

If you are into trainers, I recommend checking out Rogue-like if you haven't.
Decent solo artist but the key is their game design and complex corruption character approach that kept them around for years and still strong.
Seem like Oni is also wrapping up the story and there is nothing else in the market close to that standard. I see a potential gap to fill.

Either way, you got amazing talent, good luck pursuing your dreams!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarecrow-76

Scarecrow-76

Oct 4, 2021
3D models are a dime a dozen. You need a STRONG story and concept to stand out in 3D.

Pretty sure, the standard of your art alone in 2D makes you unique and wanted by many other devs.

But at the end of the day it is about production, vision and commitment to the project. Can you maintain the quality and content till the end?

If you are into trainers, I recommend checking out Rogue-like if you haven't.
Decent solo artist but the key is their game design and complex corruption character approach that kept them around for years and still strong.
Seem like Oni is also wrapping up the story and there is nothing else in the market close to that standard. I see a potential gap to fill.

Either way, you got amazing talent, good luck pursuing your dreams!
Thank you so much!! And great advice. I haven't played Rogue-like, but checking it out now. Thanks again for taking the time.