VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

RyugaLd19

Oct 29, 2020
Played this game a little sad to the "no sexual contend". But... it was far better than I expected. The only problem is that the VN setting kind of limit your grinding. If it could be more open world it would be better. Idc if there is no sex on this game. Exciting for a next update. Also, add a gible to the starters, I never wanted to beat lance as much as thid game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The only problem is that the VN setting kind of limit your grinding.
It opens fairly well by the 3rd week, i think -- you have two different zones for XP grind, and both locations (the city and the academy) provide option to 1-click-heal your whole party for free, meaning you can get up to 3 full hunting sessions on weekend days. At this stage of the game your ability to level up is limited mostly by your type proficiency caps anyway: i have quite a few pokemons in my game sitting on 10-15 levels worth of xp they can't yet use because i prioritized other classes first.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's probably the most practical approach in the beginning. I'd guesstimate that after getting proficiency to 15 or so in these basic types you can start to slowly branch out into other classes, because your "primary" pokemons will take considerably more time to gain enough XP for a new level, and you'll be able to keep up with that easily taking maybe one class every few days.

It's also worth to keep on mind that dual-type pokemons can level up to whichever of their type caps is the highest, and take advantage of it. E.g. if you have Electric cap at 15, then electric/steel pokemon will also have its cap at 15, even if you didn't take any Steel classes.

Oct 18, 2018
What actual bothers me is the type classes and stuff, I feel like you can only focus on just 2 classes if you do any more than that you're gonna be behind when it comes to facing people in battle.
The game actually points this out. If you want to be especially good at battling (which you don't have to be), you will find better success by narrowing your focus some amount. In terms of being able to stack sheer levels, monotype players have the highest advantage, though they then suffer that all of their Pokemon share a type.

Oct 18, 2018
I added the location of where you get them in case anyone was curious

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Btw do you have any idea what's up with the Happity in the garden?
It doesn't do anything yet. But you can give it an egg and then it joins the rest of the incubating Pokemon. It's possible that doing this will allow you to receive it later.

Kozuki12

Aug 17, 2019
The game actually points this out. If you want to be especially good at battling (which you don't have to be), you will find better success by narrowing your focus some amount. In terms of being able to stack sheer levels, monotype players have the highest advantage, though they then suffer that all of their Pokemon share a type.
I know, I know

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Btw do you have any idea what's up with the Happity in the garden?
No idea. I imagine either QuestionableTree is right and you'll get Happiny later if you gave it an egg, or it'll somehow enhance the regular heal you normally get the campus building? Guess we'll see.

Who gives you the Deino egg?
Iris, the little girl who accompanies you on that day. She does it at the end of the day if MC has shown himself to be nice enough.

Kozuki12

Aug 17, 2019
No idea. I imagine either QuestionableTree is right and you'll get Happiny later if you gave it an egg, or it'll somehow enhance the regular heal you normally get the campus building? Guess we'll see.

Iris, the little girl who accompanies you on that day. She does it at the end of the day if MC has shown himself to be nice enough.
Ffff I thought so, bruh nice enough?? how nice? I was somewhat mean to Misty and one of my dorm mates because they couldn't choose who get to keep the pokemon egg, I'm pretty sure the ice teacher shouldn't count at all just those 2.

Is Deino even worth getting? The reason I kinda want it is because I specialize in 2 classes which are dragons and dark types.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Ffff I thought so, bruh nice enough?? how nice? I was somewhat mean to Misty and one of my dorm mates because they couldn't choose who get to keep the pokemon egg, I'm pretty sure the ice teacher shouldn't count at all just those 2.

Is Deino even worth getting? The reason I kinda want it is because I specialize in 2 classes which are dragons and dark types.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deino is kind of worth it, because it's a pseudo-legendary with a good movepool

Last edited:
Reactions: ffive
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes