VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I have a question tho does relations with other people matter at all?
It's difficult to say at the moment, but generally you'll want the relations to be positive (even if at just 1 point) so you can sit at any table during lunch. For characters with implemented relationship events getting these events cleared can provide various benefits, so you'll probably want to improve relations enough to get these done, too.

Reactions: cerskaq

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Damn this is actually a good game i didn't expected that. I have a question tho does relations with other people matter at all? like for example if you dont improve you relations with blue does he still try to stop you from going in to elections? or if you have high relations with does that effect the ending?
Relations matter for future use since the possibility of sexual content in the future is kinda 50/50, but currently it just changes some scenes and can give bonuses to traits and exp.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 18, 2018
Damn this is actually a good game i didn't expected that. I have a question tho does relations with other people matter at all? like for example if you dont improve you relations with blue does he still try to stop you from going in to elections? or if you have high relations with does that effect the ending?
Main story events are generally canon to all playthroughs, though your choices, and even Pokemon that you've acquired, can alter the dialogue. Blue will show up regardless of whether you befriend him.

Loreth08

Jul 19, 2022
Well... this sucks.

I was feeling down when I saw the new update yesterday and I was so excited as I thought: "This will be a great pick me up!"

Later:
A date w/ -redacted-?! Yes!!! This is the best! (The dialogue will change if you do the "Date" with -redacted- first)

Much much Later:
Noooooo! (*Inhale) NOOOOOOhohoho!!! I was wrong! I was very very WRONG! Gah! I should've just waited for the next update before playing again! The Roosevelt Dam this!!!

Though to be honest, i can see why the "incident" had to happen. Better that everyone know now than a much bigger fallout later. It also pretty much demolished all other established relationships of other couples.
If the thoughts of people revealed by -redacted- at the "incident" are any indication, then some characters that are already taken might not be in the following week(update).
It could become another "decision" the mc(us) must decide on; decide whether we step in and try to mend their relationships or let it play out.

I guess there's a silver lining to this for me and my fellow conspirators and for those that don't want to be just a taster.
...but I do want to stay as a "taster", personal preference and all that.

Heh... I do ship Blueberry and Whitney now though.
It would be nice if we could also play matchmaker. Hehehe

Anyway, I'm still sad.
I guess, I'll just try and cheer myself up with Academy34 instead.
Gahd. I was saving these games for a "pick me up" day... didn't think that they'll throw me further down instead.

DragoHunter57

Aug 25, 2017
Damn this... this game is good. Hell, it's so good where I'm not even sure I want sexual content in the game anymore - The game or rather story work wonderfully without it and I feel like sexual content might detract from it. Though I certainly wouldn't mind that much if they were to be added.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Man I want more of this game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Heads up, there's a pretty annoying little bug on Saturday deal with Gardenia -- for your endorsement you can get some cash from her or she says she'll increase the worth of your investment... except that latter option actually takes money from your account because it uses standard investment function in the game code (the script should refund you that "investment" afterwards for things to actually match what's being said)

Until it's fixed you can do it manually, putting $ money += XXXX in the console to get back the extra investment amount.

Jul 10, 2017
anyone else think leveling up your pokemon in this is really shit because it's locked to your classes it just makes no sense. Why not have it be the higher you are with that type the faster you can lv it up instead cause it's already tough to lv up the starter pokemon.

• Angry
Reactions: QuestionableTree

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I don't know what influences it but I have seen Hilda, Skyla, Serena, May and Flannery so far.
The three characters who speak in favor of MC in the Saturday sequence are the ones with 3rd highest, 2nd highest and the highest relationship score, respectively, out of this bunch:
Python:
        if (key in ["Leaf", "Dawn", "Serena", "Hilda", "Rosa", "May", "Silver", "Nessa", "Skyla", "Misty", "Bea", "Flannery", "Sonia", "Whitney", "Hilbert"]):

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
anyone else think leveling up your pokemon in this is really shit because it's locked to your classes it just makes no sense.
It's a mechanic which explains why every trainer is generally limited to 2-3 pokemon types. I can't say i mind it, it's a decent way to ensure the player can't just outgrind the content for easy roflstomping everything (the game is easy enough as it is) and as the time goes and getting new levels for your Pokemons takes longer, you can bring additional proficiencies up to par -- e.g. by the end of the month you can have cap of three types raised to lvl.14-15 (while the game expects 13) and maybe even be working on 4th if you use all learning options effectively.

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
The three characters who speak in favor of MC in the Saturday sequence are the ones with 3rd highest, 2nd highest and the highest relationship score, respectively, out of this bunch:
Python:
        if (key in ["Leaf", "Dawn", "Serena", "Hilda", "Rosa", "May", "Silver", "Nessa", "Skyla", "Misty", "Bea", "Flannery", "Sonia", "Whitney", "Hilbert"]):
Fun fact: If you have proficiencies in Psychic or Ghost, Cheren calls you out on it during his Esper accusation.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yup, also if you have a decent relationship with Sabrina, that gets brought up too.

Oct 18, 2018
Second bugfix for the current major release of the game is out. Get it here, while I get the thread update request posted. According to Freud, this should be the last bugfix for the Week 4 update.

Win:
Mac:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive
Oct 18, 2018
Last-minute fixes so Gust and Tia speaking your name don't break your game.

Win

Mac

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes