VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
Honestly with how the game is I am more than likely just going to cheat my level cap. I get thematically why it's there but I also don't understand why the heck the MC starts with 1 in everything. Right off the bat before any classes, the MC is spouting Pokemon facts from other regions that the other characters are clueless about. The MC already knows Pokemon knowledge. Also, I went with Shuckle for my starter as it can die to nothing and nothing can kill it. So I would already have to choose electric rock or electric bug. locking me down for 2 electives. I don't want to mono-type or be locked in.
You don't have to take Electric if you don't want to. If you play through the game, this becomes apparent. However, you are highly recommended to stick to 2-3 types to focus on, because that's where the game's sweet spot is for balance.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
You don't have to raise electric at all if you don't want to, for spoiler reasons. Shuckle starter though? You've got guts, I'll give you that much lol
Why shackle is a great tank it setus up deals chip damage. Alot of thing. Also early game bar anything with sonic boom or dragon rage it is near unkillable.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
You don't have to take Electric if you don't want to. If you play through the game, this becomes apparent. However, you are highly recommended to stick to 2-3 types to focus on, because that's where the game's sweet spot is for balance.
To be fair I mainly want to solo lance with pikachu because I am pety and he is a flying type trainer not a dragon master like he tries to pass himself off as. This little rat is super effective against half your team and normal against the other half. (If it's the same as in the games that aren't the new ones)

eien

Aug 25, 2017
what i wanted - adult themed pokemon game, school/uni setting

what i got - pokemon soap opera on the first month of the game already

oh well. hope the next week tournament is decent and the whole friendship power garbage gets over quickly

Oct 18, 2018
To be fair I mainly want to solo lance with pikachu because I am pety and he is a flying type trainer not a dragon master like he tries to pass himself off as. This little rat is super effective against half your team and normal against the other half. (If it's the same as in the games that aren't the new ones)
Since Lance is a champion-level competitor and a teacher, it's not likely that a Red as a student will get to challenge him on equal footing. Or at all probably, during the course of the story.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Since Lance is a champion-level competitor and a teacher, it's not likely that a Red as a student will get to challenge him on equal footing. Or at all probably, during the course of the story.
During the course of the story? Oh we're definitely taking Lance down during the course of the story. But you're right that MC probably won't get to challenge him early on.

That's a really good reason to use the Pikachu, but you still don't need to raise electric class if you don't want to because
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
On a different, not potato, computer now and decided to restart. And I'm horrified to find that I'm playing like fricking Hilbert. I legitimately started a damned spreadsheet to calculate type coverages between Pokemon I already have (Female Ralts and Pikachu) and Pokemon I plan on getting (Larvesta egg and [at least temporarily] Absol) so I could better plan out who I want to use for the other three party slots.

Reactions: ffive

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
I really hope in future releases they cut down on Hilbert cheating. It's getting kind of annoying how he's constantly proccing freeze on a move with only 10% chance of freezing.

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
I really hope in future releases they cut down on Hilbert cheating. It's getting kind of annoying how he's constantly proccing freeze on a move with only 10% chance of freezing.
Oh it was him i had to save scum about 20 times to not have my team one shot or frozen by the 2 ice pokemon. Welp hilbert is now going on my hate list

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Ehh, i had Charmander single handedly roflstomp Hilbert's team. Pretty sure he was malding by the end of the match. Think you can catch a Cyndaquil in the first zone to similar effect.

Reactions: QuestionableTree
Oct 18, 2018
To be fair, 10% is still very possible, and those dice get to be rolled for both targets in doubles.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Ehh, i had Charmander single handedly roflstomp Hilbert's team. Pretty sure he was malding by the end of the match. Think you can catch a Cyndaquil in the first zone to similar effect.
Cyndaquil in fields, Litten in alley. I uh, I kind of forgot to actually go to the alley on Sunday though lol. I was eventually able to save scum my way through after trying a couple different party orders. It's just annoying that I had to go to those lengths.

To be fair, 10% is still very possible, and those dice get to be rolled for both targets in doubles.
It was literally every time against my Ralts during the battle team fight, and during the "gym class" fight, it was literally every time whichever Pokemon I had out was about to kill him.

Question for those people that have been figuring out the console commands. Is there one to change the gender of a Pokemon? I'm really anal about the genders of some of my Pokemon (female starters when I can find them [because it's only a 1-in-8% chance of one], female Gardevoirs and Lopunnys, male Salamances and Machop family, that sort of thing), but there's a certain encounter against a certain clothing wearing Pokemon that I cannot get to roll the correct (following my preferences) gender. I've gotten tired of re-rolling it, so if I can change it by cheating, I am perfectly fine with it.
*Edit: Well, guess I don't need to change the gender of that Pokemon now. Just looked at it's nerfed moves, and it's completely worthless now so no point in going through the hassle of console commanding it.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Well, guess I don't need to change the gender of that Pokemon now. Just looked at it's nerfed moves, and it's completely worthless now
For what's worth, Pokemon move sets in the game seem to be from Generation VII, occasionally VIII. Not the latest stuff.

Oct 18, 2018
For what's worth, Pokemon move sets in the game seem to be from Generation VII, occasionally VIII. Not the latest stuff.
Actually, they're all set to Gen 6 by default. PALF is built on PAL, which was started before Gen 7 came out. Pokemon that were released after have newer move sets though, out of necessity.

In the PALF Discord, there's a channel where people can request Pokemon with problematically ineffective move sets to have their move sets updated. This is really valuable, though I think anybody who wants to build a hyper-competitive team of super-elite tier Pokemon should chill and try to have fun making the most of the Pokemon that they can find, using the resources they earn access to.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffive

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
I actually meant that the moves it had after catching were different from the moves it had during battle. For example, it had bounce in the battle, but didn't after I caught it. But that's good to know for the future, thanx.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I actually meant that the moves it had after catching were different from the moves it had during battle. For example, it had bounce in the battle, but didn't after I caught it. But that's good to know for the future, thanx.
Hmm this is odd. Was that one of the custom "frenzied" Pokemons? I know the movesets for these changes since they are reduced from their high level to average one if you catch them, but i didn't think the game would be messing with regular catches.

edit: during the last club meeting you get option to "restore" one forgotten move for one of your Pokemons, so that could be perhaps a way to get it back?

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Hmm this is odd. Was that one of the custom "frenzied" Pokemons? I know the movesets for these changes since they are reduced from their high level to average one if you catch them, but i didn't think the game would be messing with regular catches.

edit: during the last club meeting you get option to "restore" one forgotten move for one of your Pokemons, so that could be perhaps a way to get it back?
It was indeed a frenzied Pokemon. The one at the end of the egg-fest. And now that you've brought it up, I'm actually curious if Lance can restore Bounce to it. I will update after I get back to that point.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It was indeed a frenzied Pokemon. The one at the end of the egg-fest. And now that you've brought it up, I'm actually curious if Lance can restore Bounce to it. I will update after I get back to that point.
Yes, Lance can restore skills for the frenzied Pokemons. Perhaps not the ones they [only] gain at their late levels, because they're no longer eligible, but it's a way to e.g. get back Perish Song or Future Sight for caught Absol, since these are skills received at lvl.1 Since it's the same case with Bounce on Lopunny, it should be possible to get it this way.

Last edited:

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Yes, Lance can restore skills for the frenzied Pokemons. Perhaps not the ones they [only] gain at their late levels, because they're no longer eligible, but it's a way to e.g. get back Perish Song or Future Sight for caught Absol, since these are skills received at lvl.1 Since it's the same case with Bounce on Lopunny, it should be possible to get it this way.
Yeah, I just caught up to that again and the Lopunny could get Bounce that way. So I guess if I really want a level 20 Loppu (I console the frenzied Pokemon back up to the level I caught them at) temporarily on my team, I will eventually be able to get Bounce back onto it, which was one of the reasons I wanted it. But as is I'm already barely managing to juggle my team, since there's no pc in the Academy that I've found, so I'll probably leave it in the box lol

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes