VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
Hello I am new to this new on this forum and I was wondering if there was a list of pokemons by wild areas and I thank those who took over this game to continue it I had only seen extracts on youtube and I wanted really play it...ah and how can we be kept informed about updates? Thanks
Joining the official Discord is the best way to get all of this information. You can pick a role to get notified for announcements, and they have a wiki channel where they keep things like encounter rates, when trait gain opportunities are, the rewards in classes, etc.

Reactions: AMereShadow

Arty_Wolf

Jul 31, 2023
So this took me a bit of figuring out, but for the code to add a Pokemon to the party it's actually playerparty.append(Pokemon(pokedexlookupname("X", DexMacros.Id), level = Y))
It doesn't need to be DexMacros.Id)) in the line.

Reactions: zeerin

Zero Mishima

Apr 28, 2018
Hello I am new to this new on this forum and I was wondering if there was a list of pokemons by wild areas and I thank those who took over this game to continue it I had only seen extracts on youtube and I wanted really play it...ah and how can we be kept informed about updates? Thanks
go back like 2 or 4 pages some dude posted what you can catch and where

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks for the answer about evolution. How To know about update for the continuation of the game?
You've literally had this answered for you already. QuestionableTree answered:
Joining the official Discord is the best way to get all of this information. You can pick a role to get notified for announcements, and they have a wiki channel where they keep things like encounter rates, when trait gain opportunities are, the rewards in classes, etc.
And before you question about the discord link, Screenshot 2023-09-08 134741.png

Reactions: QuestionableTree
Oct 18, 2018
Like normal, by reaching a set level. For Cyndaquil it's level 14, can't remember others right now.
To add onto this, Pokemon who evolve by other means than leveling up and knowing certain moves don't yet have the ability to evolve. We don't have access to item evolutions yet, and in the future your ability to do Friendship based evolution is currently planned to require you have a certain level of friendship with another trainer. Don't just grind and miss out on socializing with your fellow students!

an In-game mechanic actually determines the max level for a pokemon based on type but the highest I've seen personally was like 20 ish? I also didn't spend my time wisely
You actually don't need to grind super hard in this game. Losing battles isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you're focusing on Pokemon of about 2 or 3 types, you can easily end up being stronger than you need to be by the end of the current update. Some people have managed to, by a combination of deeply-focused effort and RNG, gotten their Pokemon well into their 20s... but they basically didn't spend any time at all interacting with the characters outside of getting Professor Cherry to tutor them at lunch.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
To add onto this, Pokemon who evolve by other means than leveling up and knowing certain moves don't yet have the ability to evolve. We don't have access to item evolutions yet, and in the future your ability to do Friendship based evolution is currently planned to require you have a certain level of friendship with another trainer. Don't just grind and miss out on socializing with your fellow students!
Well, that's good to know, since I was planning on using Roserade eventually. Especially since I haven't been putting as much time into Budew as I have in certain...other Pokemon lately... *cries in Volcarona and Noivern*

DarkKane

Sep 2, 2023
Thanks for the answer about the update news with discord.I became really invested in the story and can't wait to see what happens next.

Reactions: ffive
Oct 18, 2018
Well, that's good to know, since I was planning on using Roserade eventually. Especially since I haven't been putting as much time into Budew as I have in certain...other Pokemon lately... *cries in Volcarona and Noivern*
Yeah, I think what some people are currently suspecting is you need to be friends with someone who's in a type elective matching the Pokemon, but we don't know for sure yet if it's more specific than that or not. A lot of stuff is gonna be written, re-written, and added for the Week 5 update.

cctt22

Oct 7, 2022
i think the only negative with the game is that you tied a bit with what types you wanna use and what girls you wanna raise ur relationship with, otherwise i love the game
also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
best girl

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
who is best starter
Subjective. Go with your favourite. Except electric. Electric is arguably the worst type to choose as a starter for slightly spoilery reasons.
BUT, I would like to introduce you to the Cult of Gardevoir. Not only is she the strongest of the current psychic starters, but she's also a contender for strongest fairy starter. She takes a little while to get going properly, which lines up with her having the second highest potential out of the current starters, but with proper time management you can easily reach Kirlia within the current time limit.

Reactions: Loreth08 and Tdius

Tdius

Feb 20, 2018
Subjective. Go with your favourite. Except electric. Electric is arguably the worst type to choose as a starter for slightly spoilery reasons.
BUT, I would like to introduce you to the Cult of Gardevoir. Not only is she the strongest of the current psychic starters, but she's also a contender for strongest fairy starter. She takes a little while to get going properly, which lines up with her having the second highest potential out of the current starters, but with proper time management you can easily reach Kirlia within the current time limit.
ty i would try it

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes