VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

pokefan12

Jul 31, 2023
So question it been a bit since I played this is the charmander that you saved from those ace trainers able to join your party?

Oct 18, 2018
So question it been a bit since I played this is the charmander that you saved from those ace trainers able to join your party?
That's how it worked in Pokemon Academy Life. But this is Pokemon Academy Life: Forever. There's no mandatory Charmander anymore, and Blue will end up taking it instead.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Anyone have a list of characters in game and what stats to focus on to up there friendship? anyone have a list of all catchable pokemon? I wanted to play through the game with monotype with every type and date a different girl in all of them and be a future gym leader or elite four member from a undiscovered region. Aside from pikachu is this viable?

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Anyone have a list of characters in game and what stats to focus on to up there friendship? anyone have a list of all catchable pokemon? I wanted to play through the game with monotype with every type and date a different girl in all of them and be a future gym leader or elite four member from a undiscovered region. Aside from pikachu is this viable?
There are lists of characters and pokemon throughout the thread, you just gotta look, but no real walkthrough for the stats to focus on. I'm assuming you're asking if it's possible to do around 18 playthroughs using only one type in each and yes it's possible to do such a thing while pursuing one or more girls of your choosing in each playthrough. It's unknown if we'll become a gym leader or elite four member in the future, but it's possible if a lot of people ask the creator to make it happen.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
There are lists of characters and pokemon throughout the thread, you just gotta look, but no real walkthrough for the stats to focus on. I'm assuming you're asking if it's possible to do around 18 playthroughs using only one type in each and yes it's possible to do such a thing while pursuing one or more girls of your choosing in each playthrough. It's unknown if we'll become a gym leader or elite four member in the future, but it's possible if a lot of people ask the creator to make it happen.
On the monotype front I asked because while most pokemon games have that possibility but you can be spoilt for choice if there are only like 3 dragon types in an entire pokemon game. So I was asking more on the catchable pokemon side do we have decent options?

Arty_Wolf

Jul 31, 2023
On the monotype front I asked because while most pokemon games have that possibility but you can be spoilt for choice if there are only like 3 dragon types in an entire pokemon game. So I was asking more on the catchable pokemon side do we have decent options?
There are decent options for catchable dragon types, the only problem is the fact that until the update happens so we have more time to study and grind, the catchable dragons are going to fall behind other pokemon. So in my opinion the best dragons atm are your starter, Deino, and Cyclizar.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There are decent options for catchable dragon types, the only problem is the fact that until the update happens so we have more time to study and grind, the catchable dragons are going to fall behind other pokemon. So in my opinion the best dragons atm are your starter, Deino, and Cyclizar.
That's not really an issue -- if you know you'll be focusing on dragon type then you can make it your study focus from the start (along with some other type) This way you'll have readily high level cap by the time you obtain them, and the recently added XP share item will allow them to catch up quickly, if needed.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Any advice on a problem I encountered. I chose Mereanie on a previous playthrough and managed to beat Nate in the 1st week. I believe I must have been quite lucky in that run. I lost those saves and have been trying to replicate the results of my previous runs with large success. My only trouble is replicating the result of the poison run. Mereanie has poison sting and peck. Klink resists flying so by the time it has been taken down and trubbish as well at the very least aftermath takes me out. I dont wanna take the L because in my prior run i somehow beat it (guessing some crits from me and some misses from him) anyone have a strategy for taking him down with a poison type?

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
That's not really an issue -- if you know you'll be focusing on dragon type then you can make it your study focus from the start (along with some other type) This way you'll have readily high level cap by the time you obtain them, and the recently added XP share item will allow them to catch up quickly, if needed.
yeh for my monotype runs I take the main type daily

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Any advice on a problem I encountered. I chose Mereanie on a previous playthrough and managed to beat Nate in the 1st week. I believe I must have been quite lucky in that run. I lost those saves and have been trying to replicate the results of my previous runs with large success. My only trouble is replicating the result of the poison run. Mereanie has poison sting and peck. Klink resists flying so by the time it has been taken down and trubbish as well at the very least aftermath takes me out. I dont wanna take the L because in my prior run i somehow beat it (guessing some crits from me and some misses from him) anyone have a strategy for taking him down with a poison type?
It''ll be difficult because both steel and poison can't be poisoned unless the pokemon has corrosive like Salazzle, so you'll need to rely on peck and bite (if you overlevel your Mareanie) plus a lot of critical hits and flinches from bite. It's near impossible with the Zubat unless you just toss supersonic until it's confused and Seviper could easily win but is terrible for the late game so unless you want to win all the early battles but lose the later ones I'd decide against it.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
It''ll be difficult because both steel and poison can't be poisoned unless the pokemon has corrosive like Salazzle, so you'll need to rely on peck and bite (if you overlevel your Mareanie) plus a lot of critical hits and flinches from bite. It's near impossible with the Zubat unless you just toss supersonic until it's confused and Seviper could easily win but is terrible for the late game so unless you want to win all the early battles but lose the later ones I'd decide against it.
It really is because at this stage it is impossible to level up because the prior battles are Blue, Cheren and Silver and I beat them all but havent levelled up or anything and this goes for every playthrough I have done

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
It really is because at this stage it is impossible to level up because the prior battles are Blue, Cheren and Silver and I beat them all but havent levelled up or anything and this goes for every playthrough I have done
The best possible way to lvl up your Mareanie to lvl 6-9 that early in the game depends on some rng. To get a minimum of 6-7, go through the standard process of attending classes, make sure to unlock a table with a poison expert for tutoring and go to the library when you have the chance. To get a maximum of 8-9, again standard classes and going to the library, but also unlock Cherry since her tutoring is a 0.5 or 1 increase in that typing, but in order for it to work Cherry needs to tutor posion types everytime you interact with her which will require save-scuming, luck or cheats. Once you're at 6-9 Nate will just depend on your own strategy.

Reactions: ffive

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Honestly though, if you use the cheats to get Cherry tutoring, at that point just give yourself max lvl and be done with the game.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Is there a cheat for Cherry tutoring? It's not one I've seen floating around.
There's probably someone that figured it out without posting it within the playerbase, but I don't have a clue where to start besides maybe changing some of the code to only have the tutoring type you want.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is there a cheat for Cherry tutoring? It's not one I've seen floating around.
They probably meant save-scumming until RNG rolls the right lesson, but honestly, it'd be a waste of time -- if one is going to cheat in the first place, then it's much simpler to skip the middleman (or woman in this case) and just use the command to raise the cap for desired type directly.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
I dont think you can do any of that before the Nate fight as the earliest point the game lets you properly influence where you go is the Sunday after you battle Brendan and May with Leaf. I am 2 days before that where after this fight I have got to battle Blue when he has that pidgeotto and you use pokemon from May and Leaf as well. I have never seen someone level there pokemon up before that fight.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
I dont think you can do any of that before the Nate fight as the earliest point the game lets you properly influence where you go is the Sunday after you battle Brendan and May with Leaf. I am 2 days before that where after this fight I have got to battle Blue when he has that pidgeotto and you use pokemon from May and Leaf as well. I have never seen someone level there pokemon up before that fight.
Then max lvl without the library is going to be 6-7 using the Cherry method, and like ffive said if there was a cheat for her to only do the typing you want just cut her out of the equation and raise the lvl yourself with a different cheat.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes