VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hmm not sure if there's any point in mentioning beta errors in this thread (that people in other places didn't find and reported already) but just in case. These code bits:
Python:
    knownclasses = []
    if (1 in oldpersondex["Instructor Ramos"]):
        knownclasses.append("Grass")
// ...
the checks results will always be false, resulting in empty set. It should be checking in
oldpersondex["Instructor Ramos"]["ClassesKnown"] etc
instead.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
The lvl cap system is a bit clunky to say the least and I am not sure how to fix it without a total rework. The way it works now is interesting and makes you really plan out your types/pokemon picks on paper but as we have no clue of what pokemon that you can get you can really get fucked over if you pick some bad types that just don't have any good mons you can catch, and you really have to commit at most you could do 3 different types and just about keep un on curve if you use your free time to study.
Also non combat related could the player not be allowed to choose their sexual orientation.....? the mc saying he is bi and into dudes every now and then will put off a lot of people I must think.

tman777

Jul 25, 2020
*Minor Spoiler*

The Liberation fight is absolutely awful. Granted I did not understand the hint when it came up, but even when you know what to do it is not intuitive (at least not to me) what is immune to each of those moves. Being able to save during to fight would have made it bearable since it is a instant game over if you lose. Instead I had to redo the fight multiple times because I did not know what type was immune to hyper voice. Did anyone else have troubles with this fight or am I just stupid.

Overall a good update to a great game.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
*Minor Spoiler*

The Liberation fight is absolutely awful. Granted I did not understand the hint when it came up, but even when you know what to do it is not intuitive (at least not to me) what is immune to each of those moves. Being able to save during to fight would have made it bearable since it is a instant game over if you lose. Instead I had to redo the fight multiple times because I did not know what type was immune to hyper voice. Did anyone else have troubles with this fight or am I just stupid.

Overall a good update to a great game.
I know this is gonna make me sound like a dick, but have you ever played a main series pokemon game?

BlackwingYu

May 14, 2022
Im stuck at the fight with dawn but all she does is either kill my pokemon or keeps using recover
Yeah that's kind of the point, the first half is a scripted loss. Although you do get +5 bond with her if you manage to knock Altaria's health below half without starting phase 2.

tman777

Jul 25, 2020
Not since red and blue so most of the references in the game are new to me. Is Liberation in one of the newer games?

Oct 18, 2018
Cool, I see the thread has been updated. And the game has already been bugfixed twice now, and Freud thinks this one should hopefully be the last one for this release. Get it while it's hot, especially if you're on Mac. I'll try to get the thread updated again.

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
why even have dating if it doesnt amount to anything? Not complaining just asking
It doesn't result in sexual content, but it is quite different thing from "doesn't amount to anything". Some people just enjoy decent Pokemon game where characters older than 12 can hang out and have fun.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Did anyone else have troubles with this fight or am I just stupid.
When the Liberize thing popped up for the first time it gave me a long pause, because i thought this was going to be some sort of permanent type change evolution, and there was nothing that'd indicate its actual nature until you commit. But other than that i just shamelessly looked up the relevant data from the Bulbapedia, alt-tabbing to a browser when needed. People with some actual experience with Pokemon games probably have this shit memorized.

(also ngl, spent embarrassing amount of time just idling and listening to the soundtrack)

Reactions: Tunak23

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Can you actually win against Dawn?
That lass had an infinite supply of full restores and a Lvl 68 Altaria, the game really did the hell it wanted with that battle.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can you actually win against Dawn?
That lass had an infinite supply of full restores and a Lvl 68 Altaria, the game really did the hell it wanted with that battle.
Yes, you can either follow Lance's plan for what it's worth, or if you reject it, make sure to bring your Pikachu for unordinary resolution. But these are the only "permitted" ways (save for bugs), the game's script has safeguards to prevent winning in other way(s), to the point where it will forcefully resurrect Altaria if all other safeguards fail:
Python:
            if (self.GetId() in [334, 334.1] and dawnbattle and self.GetHealth() < 1):
                self.Health = 1#I'm genuinely sorry I had to do this. If it's any consolation, you're very smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunak23
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes