VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
A player that plays normally will probably have level 20-30 pokemon at this point.
Not exactly. Even if you've been dabbling in only a couple of classes so you can focus raising your Pokemon's levels, most people are not going to have a team consistently above 20. Because not everyone is ridiculously grinding exp in the wilderness. The fact that Blue does this is actually a poke at players who do this; he's a tryhard who will do the boring work of forcing level gains until the streak counter caps out.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
It's definitly possible, especially with the lucky egg given by Happiney, the method would be first involve only studying your electives until they reach 20-30 (this limits who you hangout with), than you either win or lose every battle I recommend loss since you gain more exp that way, when you train at the fields keep using a mon until they faint leaving the last mon on low hp, leave and you'll get the bonus exp, once Silver's gang and the alleyway are available stop going to the fields and repeat at the city using every chance to fight Silver's gang, afterwards get Happiney so you recieve the lucky egg, now add it to the trianing strategy by giving it to a mon and once they faint give it to the next mon...etc, once you reach the Seaport repeat and you'll pretty much at the max cap. You also get free exp by simply going to a battle team meeting, and this gives a lot of free exp without even trying.

Reactions: Tunak23

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Yes, Blue does poke fun of tryhards, but he isn't enough of a tryhard to allow his pokemon to practically die, thanks to Yellow, but we have the advantage of the lucky egg and we can heal pokemon at the center so we can pretty much do the broken-down wagon version of his method while being given a better tools through the lucky egg and smart exp. share usage.

KaitenBK201

May 18, 2017
Some fights are really hard without grinding like a madman, like the shadow sneak honedge who 2-shot anything i have or the impossible miltank

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yes, if you have console enabled it does work in battle. The simplest application would be to call HealParty() to bring your team back to full health and clean any harmful effects.

Oct 18, 2018
Some fights are really hard without grinding like a madman, like the shadow sneak honedge who 2-shot anything i have or the impossible miltank
Or just having the right team. But there's no shame in losing most battles. As long as you get through the important ones, you'll be okay.

Reactions: ffive

jardinier

May 12, 2020
Is there a way to release the Pokemon stored in Janine's boxes? I caught "duplicate" Pokemon. For example a level 6 Cubone then a level 10 Cubone. I would like to free the level 6 Cubone which has become useless. If there is no way until now, please program the correct button.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is there a way to release the Pokemon stored in Janine's boxes? I caught "duplicate" Pokemon. For example a level 6 Cubone then a level 10 Cubone. I would like to free the level 6 Cubone which has become useless. If there is no way until now, please program the correct button.
While viewing the PC content right click on the Pokemon in a box. You will get a menu with options to rename it, or to release it.

Oct 18, 2018
If there is no way until now, please program the correct button.
You missed how the actual function works, because you can already do that. Asking for features here will do nothing either, because all the actual official discussion for this game's development is happening in a Discord.

• Thinking Face

Koburo

May 30, 2017
I avoided this game for a long time until now because I thought it was just gonna be the usual straight VN, but from what I saw while playing it, the MC is openly bi/pansexual. As of right now, I couldn't get in a relationship with any of the guys and most of them didn't even have any relationship events like most girls, can anyone say whether that's planned or not?

Kinda hoping you can have a poly relationship, these characters are pretty well written.

Oct 18, 2018
I avoided this game for a long time until now because I thought it was just gonna be the usual straight VN, but from what I saw while playing it, the MC is openly bi/pansexual. As of right now, I couldn't get in a relationship with any of the guys and most of them didn't even have any relationship events like most girls, can anyone say whether that's planned or not?
It's possible that any characters will have routes during the game's development, and even when the story is done, more routes could be added after the fact. But who gets content added sooner is based on popularity. Additionally, the game's Discord has an active modding community, which could add characters with routes, or put routes in for characters who don't have them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tunak23 and Koburo

Loreth08

Jul 19, 2022
Right, I have a question.
Is there anything new with that scene with the injured Charmander?
Cuz, I did a new run and I'm pretty sure that the scene is different from previous versions.
I already have a Charmander since I chose a Charmander as a starter.
I'm curious if you could get the injured Charmander if you chose a different pokemon starter or does Blue still capture it later?

Oct 18, 2018
Right, I have a question.
Is there anything new with that scene with the injured Charmander?
Cuz, I did a new run and I'm pretty sure that the scene is different from previous versions.
I already have a Charmander since I chose a Charmander as a starter.
I'm curious if you could get the injured Charmander if you chose a different pokemon starter or does Blue still capture it later?
It's not even the same game, technically. The old project, Pokemon Academy Life, was developed by an entirely different team. Freudian Creations took the released assets and is making this game based on the general premise and re-using those assets (plus new ones). Pikachu is the only Pokemon given to you that you are expected to keep, aside from the Pokemon you pick as a starter. Some other gift Pokemon exist (and also some eggs), but you aren't given that Charmander at all.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes