3.80 star(s) 82 Votes
Aug 19, 2022
the game isn't hard hard, it is just a bad designed hard

at least my initial did not stop obeying me when I reached level 25 more or less after crossing the first route

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
So i found something, maybe.
In the lab, right next to the professor, there's an orange cabinet.
If you click on it, it says 'Someone used this cabinet to bluck up the window. Odd..'

Is dis a secret??
What is dis for??

KingWebbly01

Sep 24, 2021
Took me less than 40 minutes to get 4 different pokemon to lv 22.
Didn't faint a single time.
Game isn't hard, you just need to know how to play pokémon, is all.
Just finished the update, i don't get why people are saying this is hard, it's harder than a normal pokemon game but it's not impossible hard.
Took me less than 40 minutes to get 4 different pokemon to lv 22.
Didn't faint a single time.
Game isn't hard, you just need to know how to play pokémon, is all.
Because this place is full of whiny little bitches.
They will whine even if you make the game so easy you could steamroll it with your pinky toe.
Not to mention they're often dumber than a rock, most of them will require detailed step-by-step guide no matter the difficulty. :whistle::coffee:
It's not whiny when it's pointing out bad design. Having a very difficult encounter is good design in some case. For example Elden Ring has you fight a boss immediately. In fact it's the first living thing you encounter. Can you feesible beat it? Absolutely. But if you beat it then inevitably you will die because no doubt that fight you weren't supposed to win strained your resources so much. It then sends you a location where enemies are more in line with your level.
It's not difficult to design a hard game. Especially a pokemon game. Just throw out a lv. 30 pokemon for the first trainer and give the player a lv. 5, boom it's hard. It's bad design when you don't give the player the means to naturally progress to the point that every trainer could be a edge of the seat battle. You can have every gym leader have a competently built roster but you have to give the player means to combat that full roster without just throwing a free xp grinder into the town and saying good enough.

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
the game isn't hard hard, it is just a bad designed hard

at least my initial did not stop obeying me when I reached level 25 more or less after crossing the first route

That was what i intitially thought, too.
But the more i played and looked into it, the more i'm sure that everything is designed by reason.
May be luck or coincidence, but there are so many things that just work together once spotted and used.
Like certain pokémon with a certain lv that learn certain moves at a certain later level...
Or the items, you can find, you can click on. The moves you have access to, the trainers you can beat.

There's a lot of thought that was put into all of this, at least in my honest opinion, that is.
Took me about 1:41 hours to finish the current content - didn't faint (unwillingly) and didn't run into 'too much grind for no reason'.

I do like the take of that you actually need to know how to build a working team and how to use moves against certain types. Something, most people never learned. It's not hard, nor bad designed. It's made for actual pokémon players. Sure, there's a certain challenge, but without it you'd just run through the entire game within 20 minutes, tops.

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
blah bad design blah
If it was for bad design, everyone would run into those problems.
I didn't. A lot of others didn't either.
Finished without fainting a single time and without having to grind more than 12 Minutes in total.
You talk about grinding 2 hours for lv 15 and whatnot. Pretty sure you didn't play the same game we played.
I mean it took me less than 2 hours to complete the current content, beating all trainers + gym and getting 4 pokemon to lv 33-35.. Banging the bunny couple'o times in the meantime and whatnot.

People whining about 'bad design' just don't know how to build a proper team and use proper moves against weaker types.
All there is to it. That's a fact^^

Last edited:

KingWebbly01

Sep 24, 2021
Blah git gud noob blah
Funny. Have you ever played a pokemon game designed specically for difficulty? Something like Emerald Kaizo? I have and it was Emerald Kaizo so I'll use it as an example. The first gym leader Roxanne has a team of 6 all with competitive movesets and a lv curve ending at 15. The difficulty wasn't from the level of pokemon it was from the team comp and having coverage. That's good design. I'm no saying you shouldn't have to grind up or build a team. I am however saying that having the level jump from trainer 1 to trainer 2 be a 3 level difference kills the pacing of the route.

Reactions: Sole and MaskD

Degarron

Aug 28, 2017
I get your dilemma, but I also have to say that your personal stigma against using items is your personal issue. That aside, I'm sorry if the first fight isn't cut out to your taste, as it isn't easy to tailor the game to every demographic. I will take your complaint into consideration as I do for every other feedback. Thank you for your time in checking out the game. If you further inquiries, I suggest joining the discord server.
I normally avoid conversations that appear heated like this one. Even more so when I haven't even made a positive comment yet. However I want to make sure you understand it's not just his personal Issue I can confirm that a fair few people feel the same as he does about using Items. Pokemon was very popular at my school when I was a kid and damn near everyone hated using items to win a fight they would sound dejected like they didn't even win when they were talking about it. I'd suggest thinking on rebalancing that first fight more seriously so that their is an alternative to RNG or Item use as this may be a bigger issue for more people than you think.

Aug 30, 2021
huh, didnt know collision for the counter was turned off. I'll rectify it, thanks.
It might be related to the restaurant in the town with the Gym, you can and have to walk through the stove to get to the other side of the counter to interact with the NPC lady who sells you food related items. Trying to interact with her from the "normal" side of the counter does nothing in 0.14a.

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
It's not whiny when it's pointing out bad design. Having a very difficult encounter is good design in some case. For example Elden Ring has you fight a boss immediately. In fact it's the first living thing you encounter. Can you feesible beat it? Absolutely. But if you beat it then inevitably you will die because no doubt that fight you weren't supposed to win strained your resources so much. It then sends you a location where enemies are more in line with your level.
It's not difficult to design a hard game. Especially a pokemon game. Just throw out a lv. 30 pokemon for the first trainer and give the player a lv. 5, boom it's hard. It's bad design when you don't give the player the means to naturally progress to the point that every trainer could be a edge of the seat battle. You can have every gym leader have a competently built roster but you have to give the player means to combat that full roster without just throwing a free xp grinder into the town and saying good enough.
Skill Issue

• Angry
Reactions: Chaos La Croix

ScarletIce

Sep 12, 2017
This game definitely has potential. Most everything I would want to say has already been said so I'll just add that I really wish I could reconfigure the button mapping. The default button mapping just feels super awkward to me.

Reactions: hyfka and Ornlu

BrightManX

Jun 9, 2021
Its so often the sam story, fans making fangames or hmm an homage and theyll get down cause they are using trademarks just name it Pokitomon or something. thx for ur open communication mister developer :)

3.80 star(s) 82 Votes