girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Sometimes I get bored and remember this is still going, or at least the thread about it is, and come back to check on where the discussion is. Kinda funny I'm more interested in that than the actual game now.

Of course it's obvious the dev is still posting on his Patreon to keep the game from being "abandoned," if he let that tag stick he'd lose a chunk of his Patreon support money. Looks to me like he's using the semantics of how the rules are worded to keep his game "active". If nothing else I would think F95 should take a more personal look at what's really going on. Not like they can do anything about his Patreon, but marking the game as abandoned when it obviously is would dissuade people from putting any investment in it. Yes, his Patreon is still providing information, but none of it is about Polarity. There should be a rule about just repeating "update is coming" and never delivering or giving any actual details on it. Any shmuck scammer can do that.
Hard to say as "abandoned" is more our thing and is independent of the developers intentions. It's mostly meant to keep people from necroposting or shitposting as it gives people a sense of closore. In all honesty some moderator has favoritism for this so as long as this dev farts every now and then they're still alive and "working hard" :KEK:

Kind of like Futurama's Human Bender episode :HideThePain: The party starts off good but by the end it's mostly just escaping gas...

Patreon don't care since they get a cut whether the dev pumps out content or not. They do have that little disclaimer that says they aren't responsible for any promises the dev makes or doesn't full fill :sneaky:

Last edited:

MasterKa0z

May 22, 2018
I'm going to quote what Sr Dammed said in his page of Polarity, 3 days ago from the writing of this post. (if you wanna check for yourself I leave the to the post)

So firstly: I post regular progress reports in our Discord servers, which are free/open to the public and can be accessed by anyone, Patron or no.

I manage a TON of different pages like this one, so it's easier/faster for me to just share news about development there.

Anyone who is in these servers is aware of why Ch5 of Polarity is taking a while, as I've explained it numerous times before... but allow me to give you guys here on Itch a quick rundown.

1. No, Polarity is not abandoned, nor is development on hold!

2. Yes, I released Ch3 of my other game, Radiant, fairly recently.

3. Yes, there's a very good reason why this one is taking so long.

As I explained over on Discord, Polarity Ch5 is the biggest, lengthiest, and most complex update I've created to date. It is double the size of Chapter 4, which was already much larger than any of the previous chapters. On a single linear playthrough, the chapter is over four hours long, and that's excluding those with multiple save-files who will replay to see the different paths.

So naturally, because the update/chapter is so large, it's taking quite a while to develop. It's basically a years worth of development condensed down into one update. I've been very open and transparent that this would be the case.

Now as for why the chapter is so large...

Polarity Ch5 marks the end of Part 1 of the story, so you can basically think of it like the "finale." It is also perhaps the most important chapter of the game. Getting it right is extremely important to me, especially since it's the turning point of the game and sets the stage for the second half.

Anyway, sorry you guys have been waiting for a while. Just know I appreciate y'all and I'm working on it! Your concerns & criticisms are very valid, and I don't blame you guys for having them.

Thanks,

SirD.
I hope this brings calm in the comunity. I'm just trying to inform it to you guys, because I really love the game.

Last edited:

Askovan

May 22, 2017
So I got a bit of a problem... I think.
Not sure if it was mentioned before since I only skimmed over a couple of pages.

So. For some reason the morning scene with naomi Mel and lucia mentions me rejecting Mel. But there was never a dialog option for me to either accept or reject her. Am I missing something or is something buggy? I replayed the game to this point trying different dialog options but its always that "rejected" dialog that pops up.
TBH I don´t really need to have her in the Harem but I am the "catch´em all" kinda player with these kind of games.

maybe someone can shed some light on this for me? thanks in advance.

MasterKa0z

May 22, 2018
So I got a bit of a problem... I think.
Not sure if it was mentioned before since I only skimmed over a couple of pages.

So. For some reason the morning scene with naomi Mel and lucia mentions me rejecting Mel. But there was never a dialog option for me to either accept or reject her. Am I missing something or is something buggy? I replayed the game to this point trying different dialog options but its always that "rejected" dialog that pops up.
TBH I don´t really need to have her in the Harem but I am the "catch´em all" kinda player with these kind of games.

maybe someone can shed some light on this for me? thanks in advance.
Hi, mmm... I have heard that other people had some other problems in the game (that an option does not appear), it's been a while since I have played it (I'm waiting to ch5 to play it all). but I can give you some other recomendation to try.

- Did you try to use a in game walkthrough? maybe this can help you, so that you don't get that dialogue. (If you use a walkthrough try to not use it)
- Try to use some other version of the game. Or maybe a previous chapter, then save and play in v0.4.
- and the last is that you wait to Ch 5 update so maybe it can be fix it.

I understand you, I have a similar problem in other game. If I can think of another solution, I'll let you know. I hope it get solved.

Askovan

May 22, 2017
Welp Ok...
I was stupid. I used the Walkthrough but wasn´t aware that the taboo edition patch was nessesary for the daughter content.

thanks for the reply

MasterKa0z

May 22, 2018
The only thing that I know is that in this days the dev is gonna post some stuff on Patreon, like a devlog discussing/explaining the lack of activity (He say that in the Discord server).

And the update of chapter 5 is most likely to come this August, but it can be delayed.

So we only can keep waiting and hope for the best.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
The only thing that I know is that in this days the dev is gonna post some stuff on Patreon, like a devlog discussing/explaining the lack of activity (He say that in the Discord server).

And the update of chapter 5 is most likely to come this August, but it can be delayed.

So we only can keep waiting and hope for the best.
As far as I am concerned, this dev has lied so many times that I consider him to be an habitual, serial, liar. That bullshit posted on patreon is nothing but garbage to avoid getting an abandoned tag and proving the reputation of a shit developer.

Zardoz

Mar 6, 2018
I'm going to quote what Sr Dammed said in his page of Polarity, 3 days ago from the writing of this post. (if you wanna check for yourself I leave the to the post)

I hope this brings calm in the comunity. I'm just trying to inform it to you guys, because I really love the game.
Many thanks for the good news, friend. Been a long time, but it sounds like it will be more than worth the wait.

Reactions: MasterKa0z

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
Amazing graphics and almost all the characters are best girl. I was checking my old games for updates. This is better than most of the games being released, I hope it gets some more love.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Suddenly thought about this game and wanted to see what was up with it since this was one of my favorites when I first joined this site. And well... I'm disappointed, but also not surprised.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes