a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I think dev is just posting to keep the "On Hold" or "Abandoned" tag at bay.
Back in May dev said chapter 5 was near competition then nothing since.

Well we will just have to wait and see but if its not out soon everyone in this thread should report the OP as abandoned.

13 months now with no update it should have been marked at least "On Hold".

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I think dev is just posting to keep the "On Hold" or "Abandoned" tag at bay.
Back in May dev said chapter 5 was near competition then nothing since.

Well we will just have to wait and see but if its not out soon everyone in this thread should report the OP as abandoned.

13 months now with no update it should have been marked at least "On Hold".
They've essentially abandoned all talk about this game. They were however frequently talking in their other game's thread for a while after it's release but as far as this game goes. Complete silence.

ghtx05

Jul 23, 2021
i played it last year in november and i dont think any updates have been made, it is safe to say this game is now abandoned?

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
Alright guys its been more than a year I think it's time we put this too rest. Anyone wanna say a few words?

Mint-ER#

Feb 3, 2020
Alright guys its been more than a year I think it's time we put this too rest. Anyone wanna say a few words?
No matter what happenened or happens to this game, the idea of being able to create your own pregnant harem AND play as an MC that isnt a pathetic, empty bore is a GREAT one.

I'm sure games like this are going to continue to get fans on here in the future.

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
Delayed, but not abandoned.
Keep telling yourself that. Come back when you have something concrete in hands to show for.

(Seriously, you are just discussing semantics of the abandoned label at this point.
If you want, you can come up with a "delayed", "neglected" or "unreliable" label. It doesn't matter. That last update is way back and all you get are empty promises, developing into zero communication. Call it what you will, keep up your hopes. I don't believe anything that is been said anymore until I see solid results)

Last edited by a moderator:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Keep telling yourself that. Come back when you have something concrete in hands to show for.
Are you still waiting for the tooth fairy too?

(Seriously, you are just discussing semantics of the abandoned label at this point.
If you want, you can come up with a "delayed", "neglected" or "unreliable" label. It doesn't matter. That last update is way back and all you get are empty promises, developing into zero communication. Call it what you will, keep up your hopes. I don't believe anything that is been said anymore until I see solid results)
No one cares how condescending or upset you are about the dev being late. I'm not arguing semantics. The forum has rules about what constitutes abandoned, not me or you. You wanna change that? Contact the staff and ask them, see how fast they throw your report into the trashcan.

MasterKa0z

May 22, 2018
For those who haven't heard it, the dev said first that the update would be in mid July, but then he said will more likely come out in early August (but it can still be delayed). He said that this update (Ch.5) is like x3 times more big than usual, so thats why is taking so long to come out. I relly hope it came out soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: itfod and NuarisRia

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
Sometimes I get bored and remember this is still going, or at least the thread about it is, and come back to check on where the discussion is. Kinda funny I'm more interested in that than the actual game now.

Of course it's obvious the dev is still posting on his Patreon to keep the game from being "abandoned," if he let that tag stick he'd lose a chunk of his Patreon support money. Looks to me like he's using the semantics of how the rules are worded to keep his game "active". If nothing else I would think F95 should take a more personal look at what's really going on. Not like they can do anything about his Patreon, but marking the game as abandoned when it obviously is would dissuade people from putting any investment in it. Yes, his Patreon is still providing information, but none of it is about Polarity. There should be a rule about just repeating "update is coming" and never delivering or giving any actual details on it. Any shmuck scammer can do that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: girdeyordo
May 26, 2018
For those who haven't heard it, the dev said first that the update would be in mid July, but then he said will more likely come out in early August (but it can still be delayed). He said that this update (Ch.5) is like x3 times more big than usual, so thats why is taking so long to come out. I relly hope it came out soon.
And if you really believe that, you must believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, and santa clause.

Jul 29, 2021
This seems to be the case for many of these games that have had a very long update cycle with questionable progress
1. "Work" on an update for 18+ months, keep promising that the update will be the biggest update yet and delay as much as possible
2. Release a small or normal sized update saying the you'll release the updates in parts
3. Hiatus for multiple months possibly the duration of a normal update cycle again

tappp92

Oct 23, 2017
This seems to be the case for many of these games that have had a very long update cycle with questionable progress
1. "Work" on an update for 18+ months, keep promising that the update will be the biggest update yet and delay as much as possible
2. Release a small or normal sized update saying the you'll release the updates in parts
3. Hiatus for multiple months possibly the duration of a normal update cycle again
Agreed. I used to Patreon the dev, but then the massive time between updates. Not sure what happened. There's obviously talent there. They used to post bonus pics and WIP to my recollection. Not sure they still do, but it's pretty shit this hasn't been ABANDONED tagged considering the practical usage of it and that this forum shouldn't be beholden to the creator (it's nice when we all get along, but...).

NuarisRia

May 21, 2021
Damn i just found about this game today because some guy had a fansign and the girl on it looked kind of hot.
Download it played for a few hours and totally loved the game (except for the dog getting arsoned.. kind of fckd up tbh)..... And now im reading some of the comments saying that the last update was like a year ago or some sht like that.... and wow this feels like seeing a big gift under the christmas tree but when i open it its just some random boring sht.

Anyway it is a shame not denying that.

oh and come on stop crying about a tag.. "if its abandoned" "its on hold" "put the tag" "this and that", it looks like you have been trough some sht with this game and need some kind of closure or something. Chill people yeah its sad but There's a fckton of games, just play another one or do something irl then return some months later idk.
If you are not giving money to the dev then why do you even care... and if you are giving him money then cool be my guest complain all you want....(its not like its gonna change anything anyways)

And.. if at the end the dev decides to abandon this game (which i find it hard to believe... i mean its a really good game and has a lot of potential.) then RIP.. next game.

Well.. Congrats to the dev because this game was totally amazing i hope he can continue working on it in the future.
Best of Luck

Reactions: hamod

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
No one cares how condescending or upset you are about the dev being late. I'm not arguing semantics. The forum has rules about what constitutes abandoned, not me or you. You wanna change that? Contact the staff and ask them, see how fast they throw your report into the trashcan.
Ok, first of all: YOU were the one defending the game to be "delayed", but not "abandoned". I just commented on that. Not on the rules of the forum tags. Which was apparent I thought, since there is also no "delayed" label.
I was giving my two cents at what point I wouldn't hold up hopes too much.
If you find that condescending, so be it.
I am also not upset about this game being late or delayed. I don't have any stakes in this games development, I didn't invest a dime. I don't care if they go bankrupt or make a fortune.
I liked the vibe of the game so far, would be a pity if it wouldn't get finished. But if it happens, so be it. I don't like people making empty promises and not delivering on their word - I guess, as most do. But that's it. You may defend them and I may counter argue. Other than that, I have no animosity towards your thoughts or opinions. (unless you start getting personal now, being butt hurt)

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
yea theres no delay label but there is (on hold ) label i think ..but any way it dosnt matter realy the label ..i hop he will do something for the game ..

the label is not gonna make us happy or fixt the problem ..the true is still there

Reactions: NuarisRia

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
who cares what the forum roles is ..the important is >>what in the dev mind

if the dev think of it as ( on hold ) then theres a hop ... but if its already abandoned in the dev mind ..then the ( on hold ) of the forum is useless

Reactions: NuarisRia

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I have spoken directly with the dev on Discord, SubStar, and the Radiant thread. So you can ask him questions. He is much more of a story guy than a graphics guy so I think making scenes takes him longer graphically than many, many other devs. This is of course my own thoughts and opinions so the best way to get real info you could trust would be to go try and communicate with the Dev. Hope this helps, if anything will.

I do look forward to more Polarity Story myself. I am just way, way, way more patient than like 90% of people here.

PEACE

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes