TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Yea that's def weird, I remember requesting if a tag could get removed because a dev had been posting updates and heard it's stuck until the game gets updated.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yea that's def weird, I remember requesting if a tag could get removed because a dev had been posting updates and heard it's stuck until the game gets updated.
Maybe the dev could proof that he mentioned this game in a sentence or two in one of his updates for the other game...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
This game is definitely abandoned. Like there's not even any dispute about it. The last patreon post was in august. It's been 3 months and he hasn't said jack shit about polarity as far as I'm aware.
Apparently the powers that be disagree with your views.

JoeElderLich

May 11, 2020
Seems to me like there might be a disagreement between mods on here. One took a look at the request and a look at the thread and came to the conclusion of "abandoned" then another mod came along and removed the tag either because he's a fan/supporter of Polarity or a friend of Dammed.
As someone who is a former supporter, former fan and current lurker on this thread, the first mod was right to apply abandoned. I have seen many other games that had active posts from devs but infrequent updates get slapped with the "abandoned" tag until AFTER they released another update. In the case of Polarity someone on the inside is looking out for him. Honestly though I don't really see why he cares what tag the game has on here, his opinion and that of his followers isn't exactly high regarding this forum no matter who posts.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Its the dev who removed the tag that the mods put in placed.
Dev owns the thread so he can remove anything he wants even post he does not like, this is just milking the patreons of there money.

Once radiant came out the other games started to slow down on updates and now its been over 1 1/2 years since this one had an update.

Dev should be honest with himself and just remove his patreon page and let it go.

Reactions: Mint-ER#

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Its the dev who removed the tag that the mods put in placed.
Dev owns the thread so he can remove anything he wants even post he does not like, this is just milking the patreons of there money.

Once radiant came out the other games started to slow down on updates and now its been over 1 1/2 years since this one had an update.

Dev should be honest with himself and just remove his patreon page and let it go.
To my knowledge, the dev can't delet/remove anything here, neither posts nor tags, only the mods can do that.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Oh so the day finally came... Not gonna lie it hurts a little bit to see this game with the abandoned tag. Not really surprising considering the fact that the last time the game was update was in june of last year, but it still sucks.

Reactions: sutiban

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Oh so the day finally came... Not gonna lie it hurts a little bit to see this game with the abandoned tag. Not really surprising considering the fact that the last time the game was update was in june of last year, but it still sucks.
Agreed. This game had so much potential that it's really sad to see it goo by the wayside. There are a lot of games going this direction that I wonder if the Adult Games genre will be able to continue.

Reactions: Mint-ER#

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Agreed. This game had so much potential that it's really sad to see it goo by the wayside. There are a lot of games going this direction that I wonder if the Adult Games genre will be able to continue.
I think most games that end up abandoned, it's because they don't get a lot of support. It wasn't really the case here. The dev just started working on another project and it seems like he just gave up on this one. Once a game reaches the point where it's financially viable for the dev to work on it full time, it's rare for that game to get abandoned.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
I think most games that end up abandoned, it's because they don't get a lot of support. It wasn't really the case here. The dev just started working on another project and it seems like he just gave up on this one. Once a game reaches the point where it's financially viable for the dev to work on it full time, it's rare for that game to get abandoned.
Well, look at Ecchi Sensei by BlueCat. That game had a massive amount of people supporting it. I was one of them. But after a year of the dev dragging his feet, coming up with one excuse after another, I stopped supporting it. BlueCat is still saying that work is being done one it and that a new release is "just around the corner", but they have been saying that for over a year now.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well, look at Ecchi Sensei by BlueCat. That game had a massive amount of people supporting it. I was one of them. But after a year of the dev dragging his feet, coming up with one excuse after another, I stopped supporting it. BlueCat is still saying that work is being done one it and that a new release is "just around the corner", but they have been saying that for over a year now.
I think ecchi sensei's situation is a little bit different. They are trying to merge all the weeks and specials into a single game and making sure everything works properly. I think they were completely rewriting a lot of the old code and if I recall correctly someone on the team got covid which further delayed things.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
I think ecchi sensei's situation is a little bit different. They are trying to merge all the weeks and specials into a single game and making sure everything works properly. I think they were completely rewriting a lot of the old code and if I recall correctly someone on the team got covid which further delayed things.
Like I said, one excuse after another. The last I heard, they were trying to move the game to a completely new engine.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
There's a big difference with that game though. That game has like 10x the amount of content already in it than this game has. It took me a long time to get through it all, whereas this took a couple days. Therefore I have more faith that BlueCat isn't just totally going to abandon a game he's already put so much time into.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes