Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Yep, the whole system is nothing gets changed until the game gets an update and it remains abandoned tagged until such has happened. They hit another dev I know with that, his game still marked abandoned even though he's kept folks more up to date on his discord and patreon.
he literally hasn't posted anything about polarity since may on his patreon AND his discord....
And both times, he promised Polarity would be out soon after Radiant.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
he literally hasn't posted anything about polarity since may on his patreon AND his discord....
I'm not sure if you're correcting me or not, but I was stating this occurred with another Dev. Where they were posting updates on discord and they didn't count it as being active and whatnot. That game is still marked abandoned because he hasn't finished his update yet. Though he got hit for like 3 months of ''no updates." So I don't see why this game should be any exception considering he has not kept up with his patreon in regards to it aside from posting stuff related to polarity and discord I've seen nothing mentioned either. Best case scenario, he finally gets up and puts out this update that everyone has waited a year and a month for orrrrr worst case he lets it die.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I'm not sure if you're correcting me or not, but I was stating this occurred with another Dev. Where they were posting updates on discord and they didn't count it as being active and whatnot. That game is still marked abandoned because he hasn't finished his update yet. Though he got hit for like 3 months of ''no updates." So I don't see why this game should be any exception considering he has not kept up with his patreon in regards to it aside from posting stuff related to polarity and discord I've seen nothing mentioned either. Best case scenario, he finally gets up and puts out this update that everyone has waited a year and a month for orrrrr worst case he lets it die.
Oh yeah, he definitely hasn't said *anything* about the game. I've been waiting patiently and dying inside in regards to this for over a year. T: I saw this on itch.io waaaaaaaaaaay back, early last year and was like "this is the coolest shit ever." so I backed him around like, march when income taxes came back and we got those fat stimulus checks too. I was like "this is worth backing for, the game's awesome." He drops an announcement about radiant and I'm like???? a month later. But I was patient. I understood. I'm a nice guy. Literally, all we got after was a bugfix. I back for a year. I wait. Nothing. July comes out, he releases radiant. Says polarity's gonna be out right after. 4 months later, I'm still waiting for a reason to back him again. Basically the same thing with alorth. I backed him for a year as well, and neko paradise has only gotten 20 minutes of content as far as updates go in 2 years.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Oh yeah, he definitely hasn't said *anything* about the game. I've been waiting patiently and dying inside in regards to this for over a year. T: I saw this on itch.io waaaaaaaaaaay back, early last year and was like "this is the coolest shit ever." so I backed him around like, march when income taxes came back and we got those fat stimulus checks too. I was like "this is worth backing for, the game's awesome." He drops an announcement about radiant and I'm like???? a month later. But I was patient. I understood. I'm a nice guy. Literally, all we got after was a bugfix. I back for a year. I wait. Nothing. July comes out, he releases radiant. Says polarity's gonna be out right after. 4 months later, I'm still waiting for a reason to back him again. Basically the same thing with alorth. I backed him for a year as well, and neko paradise has only gotten 20 minutes of content as far as updates go in 2 years.
Yeaaaaa I usually wait and if the chance is there talk to the devs to see how they are as peeps before backing them. Now that I can support the ones who genuinely put in hella effort and keep consistent I toss my pledges to them. This was one of the reasons I was hesitant on pledging right away to Dammed. Love the game, love that it has a lot that could be going for it. This wait time however, ehhhh..

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
To be clear: our site has certain rules in place to set the Abandoned tag for a thread.

Otherwise, this Dev has been talking about it since last year, increasingly in recent months - just not here.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
To be clear: our site has certain rules in place to set the Abandoned tag for a thread.

Otherwise, this Dev has been talking about it since last year, increasingly in recent months - just not here.
It was certainly not on his discord or patreon I can tell you that much. The last thing he said on patreon was back in July. I was a patreon of his. He's all but not said anything about it on both of those, so if he's said anything about it elsewhere, I haven't heard of it. The last bit of news I've heard was in july when he dropped radiant he would be releasing polarity right after.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
He hasn't posted anything about Polarity anywhere where supporters of it can see it, saying this in the face of that makes it sound like he was paying you to keep this marked as active.

Kinda funny to me that he only now deigns to grace his thread with his presence after the glaringly obvious became official.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
He hasn't posted anything about Polarity anywhere where supporters of it can see it, saying this in the face of that makes it sound like he was paying you to keep this marked as active.

Kinda funny to me that he only now deigns to grace his thread with his presence after the glaringly obvious became official.
We turned this to Abandoned - even though I have personally seen semi-regular mentions by the Dev of work being continued on this game since last year - so your logic seems odd: still, it didn't avoid our site criteria for the change in status tag.

This thread's game status will change again after the next release is published, which is also per site rules.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
We turned this to Abandoned - even though I have personally seen semi-regular mentions by the Dev of work being continued on this game since last year - so your logic seems odd: still, it didn't avoid our site criteria for the change in status tag.

This thread's game status will change again after the next release is published, which is also per site rules.
May I ask where then? Because it wasn't discord or patreon. Not since may. I was a patron of his. T:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Why no news on patreon? Not every patron is on discord or whatever. Too lazy to copy/paste a message from discord to patreon? That would have avoided the abandoned tag, it's not that hard. But of course there is no such tag on patreon so why bother, huh?

Reactions: girdeyordo

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's not like anyone trusts the dev at this point anyway.

Dragged this update out, started another project with another dev despite both of them having terrible work ethics and incredibly slow update pace and lack of communication with fans of any of their games.

They complain in the other thread people give them shit but do nothing to correct what they get shit about.

Fans of this game that don't bother with the other are sick of their nonsense.

Dev also expects people to believe this will be the biggest update of all yet I don't think a single person believes them anymore.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Wait, I know no one believes the whole "biggest update yet" but what does that even mean really?

Even if the update is being worked on, even if it is the "single" biggest update ever for the game, is the update size worth the wait? If the game had updated once every few months, or even once every six months, would the size of this update really eclipse the size of the game if the updates weren't so erratic? Really have my doubts on that one.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Wait, I know no one believes the whole "biggest update yet" but what does that even mean really?

Even if the update is being worked on, even if it is the "single" biggest update ever for the game, is the update size worth the wait? If the game had updated once every few months, or even once every six months, would the size of this update really eclipse the size of the game if the updates weren't so erratic? Really have my doubts on that one.
Apparently the donators feel it does or they would pull their support and the dev would be forced to make a choice.

They have been enabled to take their time. Sadly

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Apparently the donators feel it does or they would pull their support and the dev would be forced to make a choice.

They have been enabled to take their time. Sadly
Most of his donators now aren't even backing him for polarity, they're backing him for radiant now. Which, is sad. Mostly anyone that had hopes of him doing polarity are here complaining now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
There is any hope for new update in nearest future?
Dev has said the same thing every other dev with a dogshit work ethic says .... "we are working on the biggest update EVER" .... except we've heard it all before and will believe it if we ever see it.

Dev hasn't given 2 fucks about this game since they started their second game and if any dev should not be working on 2 games it's this one. Slow as fuck making content for one, now they have 2 sets of fans pissed off.

People usually start a second game when they are outpacing the first not when they are so far behind we went through an entire global pandemic waiting for an update.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes