King22422

Oct 24, 2021
That's how I see it too. If the dev and his "co-workers" are tired of working on the game, then they should say it and make it known. To me, that just sounds like a drag. I don't think there will be an update yet. It's a shame about the great game.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
damn any updates on the game yet hate that has been abandoned
Supposedly the developer is still working on it, but we only have their word of that, and they are notoriously unreliable with timetables. At this point, it's better to just assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if an update comes.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Supposedly the developer is still working on it, but we only have their word of that, and they are notoriously unreliable with timetables. At this point, it's better to just assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if an update comes.
I just keep showing up every time someone posts a comment in the hopes they're revealing patron only dev updates and that he'll prove us wrong...

Rule97

May 2, 2018
damn has this been finally mared as abandoned? About time, it is sounds like gloating but i'm actually sad, this was if not the first, one of the first games i encountered in this site and that spurred me to make an account and show my appreciation to the dev, i'm pretty sure i have an early review about how excited i was about this game and its possibilities.

All my hope now is that the dev lets someone else that is interested in the project to continue it and give us something.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
All my hope now is that the dev lets someone else that is interested in the project to continue it and give us something.
Lol, the dev still very much claims all ownership and claims to be still working on it. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm a huge fan of what the vn is right now... but I wouldn't want someone else telling the story as frustrating as that is.

My biggest fear is the dev doesn't know where to go next with it or is blocked, what I think is happening is them and the others are making too much money slow playing making Radiant and their supporters are enabling that behavior...

My two cents

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Rule97

May 2, 2018
I'm a huge fan of what the vn is right now... but I wouldn't want someone else telling the story as frustrating as that is.

My biggest fear is the dev doesn't know where to go next with it or is blocked, what I think is happening is them and the others are making too much money slow playing making Radiant and their supporters are enabling that behavior...

My two cents
A) Agree to disagree, i'd rather hae a finished story so i can decide if i think it's good/bad, i liked/didn't like, rather than this limbo of "what could have been"

B) At this point i think the dev doesnt care about this game or any game in particular since people blame Radiant yet the last update was almost half a ago, not to mention from other games experiences most of those 6 months updates are never worth the wait.

tldr: dev interest is dead and by proxy it will be too for the patreons unless you're the kind "i have so much money i dont care to spend it in a fruitless project

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

LionelGold

Nov 14, 2020
Abandoned or not, right at the start when you sleep over and Naomi's house and Melanie walks in on you sleeping (And then later triggers her masturbation scene)... Anyone got any idea what triggers Melanie to walk in? For some reason on a new game instead she doesn't walk in, I just wake up to Naomi's breakfast. Skipping the masturbation schene entirely and then when I go knock on Melanie's door, she just acts as if we've already met. Tried reinstalling, clearing out persistent files, appdata, saves, etc. If this is a bug how is none of that fixing it?

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Abandoned or not, right at the start when you sleep over and Naomi's house and Melanie walks in on you sleeping (And then later triggers her masturbation scene)... Anyone got any idea what triggers Melanie to walk in? For some reason on a new game instead she doesn't walk in, I just wake up to Naomi's breakfast. Skipping the masturbation schene entirely and then when I go knock on Melanie's door, she just acts as if we've already met. Tried reinstalling, clearing out persistent files, appdata, saves, etc. If this is a bug how is none of that fixing it?
I think you need a patch.

Reactions: LionelGold

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
i cri everytiem
Same... I like more Polarity than Radiant ( I played only 0.1 ) and is sad no more updates for over 1 year

I guess that Radiant is more important for him now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Same... I like more Polarity than Radiant ( I played only 0.1 ) and is sad no more updates for over 1 year

I guess that Radiant is more important for him now
Tbf, Radiant is barely updated either. It released April of last year and we've had 3 major updates in 20 months. I just think the dev doesn't have the best work ethic when it comes to these projects, which is okay, but they need to be upfront about it.

Mar 5, 2020

I guess that making money with Radiant is more important now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Even on Radiant, the money earned has decreased over time. Many people are subbing only on the month an update releases due to the inconsistent development time. Given the frequency of the update, that is not a lot of money each year. I personnaly chose not to sub to this dev anymore -ever- as he is notoriously unreliable. I had my share of generic dev-logs saying nothing about the development and waiting forever for a disappointing update.

Dev says game is not abandonned... I'll believe it when I see it. For now, the only thing we know about the game is that according to the "final" dev-log from May (!), the update was supposed to be released shortly after the Radiant update (though the dev did not mention which one). Since then, no sign of real progress, nor any clear reason for the delay.

For now, given the update history on Radiant, I have just extremely low expectations for any update of Polarity if it ever comes.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Tbf, Radiant is barely updated either. It released April of last year and we've had 3 major updates in 20 months. I just think the dev doesn't have the best work ethic when it comes to these projects, which is okay, but they need to be upfront about it.
Stay golden, Ponyboy....

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ponyboy451

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
Such a shame, just when its started to get good with the cheating. How's Radiant? Has that even been updated or that game got abandoned and screw this one over for nothing.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes