POLL: When you see a game with the gay tag, what do you do?

When you see a game with the gay tag, what do you do?

• Check to see if gay content can be turned off, then give it a try if there's content I like.

Votes: 373 42.9%
  • I like gay content, so I'd check the game out.

Votes: 238 27.4%
  • I'd never play it, even if gay content can be turned off, and the women are extremely hot & sexy.

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I don't. I exclude gay tags. I would never play a game with the gay tag, PERIOD.

Votes: 148 17.0%
  • Other, I'll respond in thread.

Votes: 49 5.6%

• Total voters

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I'm making a game with super hot and sexy women, but some of the content is also gay, but can be turned off. I'm making this poll just to gain a little insight.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I voted for the "I like gay content" answer. But I have a big IF. If the gay content is just two scenes, consists on twinks or feminine guys, I'll skip the game, even with the gay tag. I would only play if there is a way to play as a gay MC or at least have an attractive gay LI. Anyway, I'm on the minority, so that's why I created my game :ROFLMAO:

Jan 18, 2020
I voted check to see but I think I probably should have gone with other. Its mostly I don't want to play it if its ONLY gay content, but if there's other stuff I will still play it and I generally don't avoid the gay content unless it overrides some other girl. I like the whole story with all the characters.

Edit: changed vote to other

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I picked other. Gay scenes don't do much for me, so I would avoid a game with predominately gay scenes. But I don't react negatively to them either, so I don't care whether I can avoid seeing them.

Overall, a game having the gay tag (in addition to lots of women) makes me more likely to check the game out. Mostly, because it is a sign that the Dev doesn't cater to the "fragile masculinity, MC should be only male in existence"-crowd too much. That overall makes for more interesting setups. Also, I like diversity in games, so having a small fraction of gay scenes will make the game overall more enjoyable for me.

Reactions: Nelari and heylago
Jul 21, 2021
I mean depends. If 90% of the game is about gay stuff then no im not playing it. But if there plenty of other stuff then sure ill try it. And should say if i can either skip the gay stuff or turn it off that would be nice.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Most of the time, I ignore it. That being said, sometimes a game that looks neat has that tag, so I'll be compelled to check it out regardless. If gay content is not optionnal, I 100% skip.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
Skipable or not, for me, it depends on the amount of gay content (same for any tag I don't enjoy). If half the game is about a tag I don't enjoy, I will not play the game, skipable or not.