POLL: When you see a game with the gay tag, what do you do?

When you see a game with the gay tag, what do you do?

• Check to see if gay content can be turned off, then give it a try if there's content I like.

Votes: 373 42.9%
  • I like gay content, so I'd check the game out.

Votes: 238 27.4%
  • I'd never play it, even if gay content can be turned off, and the women are extremely hot & sexy.

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I don't. I exclude gay tags. I would never play a game with the gay tag, PERIOD.

Votes: 148 17.0%
  • Other, I'll respond in thread.

Votes: 49 5.6%

• Total voters

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
I had assumed that if it has the Gay tag, then that was a sizeable amount of its content. I figured out thats not true, so I'm rrying to be more open.. if its just a scene or two out of say, 20, then thats fine with me. Can always fast auto through it if I'm not into it.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
The tag itself won't push me away unless it's basically the main concept of the game, for example I play TITS, COC, Lilith throne and they have a lot of different characters, my typical option is to make a futanari character to enjoy all the content lol, but you literally have many tags there.

Still, it's a turn off for me gay scenes.

tehfish

Aug 22, 2016
Depends what you mean by gay really, male/male is an instant turn off for me, lesbian content is no issue.

If it's optional thats fine, but it's a tag i put on my searches as a default exclude, alongside furry and censored. Every few months i'll search without these to see if i missed anything though :)

Reactions: Mechdriver

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Sex games don't really have the biggest problem that come's from gay characters in mainstream media where they exist for political pandering, in sex games they exist because people actually want it out of personal desire.

In one specific example, the biggest issue I've come across with gay characters mixed in with a game that has normal sex, is that it heavily dilutes the amount of content, you can't please everyone.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Similar to NTR, I'll check the screenshots and thread to see if it's a main focus of the game. If it isn't I'll play and probably skip the scene, or maybe not, depending on context. If it is, well than this is not a game for me.

Reactions: Kallel69

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
I em gay, i hate gay-games, because in game i may be a naturally girl, i use this option and live better normal life in virtual fiction world. What point to be gay in game - i wont understand.

Mar 9, 2018
I'm making a game with super hot and sexy women, but some of the content is also gay, but can be turned off. I'm making this poll just to gain a little insight.
That depends on the game. Am I going to be forced to deal with all of these "super hot and sexy women" before ACTUALLY interacting with the gay content? Is the gay content just one or two scenes, or just one or two male characters who are most likely be so feminine that you wouldn't know that they're men? Sorry, my main point is, if you the developer has no interest in doing gay content but is putting it in there to please an audience...don't do it. I know it may seem generous, but it comes off as click-baity and leaves nobody happy. Some who see the tag are going to be angry, others who come for the tag are going to be disappointed. So, if you are planning on having optional gay content in there, it needs to be because YOU have interest in the content and is willing to expand on it outside of measly scenes for those who will come only for that. And by expand, I really mean put in the same effort you are going to put into these male characters as you will with the female characters and provide something enjoyable through that content. I know it comes off as asking for too much. It's just the reality of the situation when one tackles something like this.

Smirenka

May 4, 2018
I'm making a game with super hot and sexy women, but some of the content is also gay, but can be turned off. I'm making this poll just to gain a little insight.

I'm probably not your target polling audience as you seem to be focusing on specifically MMC games, which I avoid. That said, you'd be surprised how many games there are with a lot of M/M content that you can still unwittingly faceplant into with a female MC. It can be a real hassle if the content causes you issues for any reason to go near games with the gay tag. I do not have any set way I treat games with that tag because of the issues surrounding it's treatment in many games.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I generally exclude it, however if the gay character is question is femboy-ish, I will likely still play it. I also don't hate trans content, as long as the trans person is female-looking rather than transitioning. The same with futa content.

That said, I do have to be in the right mood for it. Plus, most of my generic searches tend to only include a very niche set of games and the gay tag is one of the "safer" tags that I sometimes remove to broaden my searches.

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
When you see a game with the gay tag, what do you do?
Be annoyed that two vastly different things like lesbian and male gay can be lumped together under one term. Same with futa.

pman209

Mar 19, 2020
I picked other. Gay scenes don't do much for me, so I would avoid a game with predominately gay scenes. But I don't react negatively to them either, so I don't care whether I can avoid seeing them.

Overall, a game having the gay tag (in addition to lots of women) makes me more likely to check the game out. Mostly, because it is a sign that the Dev doesn't cater to the "fragile masculinity, MC should be only male in existence"-crowd too much. That overall makes for more interesting setups. Also, I like diversity in games, so having a small fraction of gay scenes will make the game overall more enjoyable for me.
Basically word for word what this person said. Plus some dicks be kinda cute ngl, if they on the right kind of person

jose100

Apr 20, 2018
Despite my vote, I really don't need the gay content to be turned off, just -like in many other situations- that it can be rejected while proposed in the game, or skipped if the MC is not involved. If you want to do gay characters in the game I have no problem with that, I don't need the gays to be erased from a game :ROFLMAO:

Beardyguy

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2022
everytime i see a gay tags, skip, i don't hate gay person, just don't like seeing gay doing sex.

Kallel69

Mar 3, 2018
Typically I go see the thumbnails and see how gay it is. If it has gay and/or lesbian and no vaginal tag I bounce, if it looks like its all men or men focused I bounce, its muscle gay men I bounce, if its girly furry gay... maybe. Typically though without that vaginal tag i bounce.

I'm elaborate for a sec. For me muscle man on muscle man seems like something got twisted in their brains/head where they worked out horny to much one day and did the o'l gay galdiator thing, and then were stuck that way, a waste of a good specimen. Girl on girl / Lesbian for is either a seductive act for a dude cuz dudes like that BUT more often than not its an actual lesbian which means for me that either something fucked up happened to them where they hate men and are full of venom, or they have a dick/masculine complex and have this impression that what a men are at thier core is to fiercely/violently dominate others and be an unapologetic ass hole. Then theirs the girly gay, yeah those guys imo have lost all their testosterone and replaced it with soy/estragon which is why the irl versions seem to be the ones with a victim or unjust issue/protest/cause, always upset about something when in reality its themselves their not happy with but don't even know it. On the other hand you got the ones that their just so beta that they role with and accept it. Thier is a point where its to far and its like wtf etc which is why its a maybe, oh and having the furry thing gives it more hope of some primal testosterone awakening. Finally thiers another type, the normal who have said f-it with relationships with women and went gay. Those ones usually leave me with sad sense that theirs hope that things could turn around but its like watching a friend leave out the door and your just left standing there quietly with no way to help'm cuz you know shits f-up but at least their happy.
... yeah i got onto a creative speel for a min, lo.

Last edited:

Johnson_Carl

Jun 30, 2019
I pick the fourth one cause there's always the voice in the back of my mind that says "Y'know, you can probably fuck this guy" and then imagine the character be like: