3.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I thought it was when they start communicating again about the game? Well, hopefully the update comes soon so the tag can be removed, it'll be more likely to get new players with the abandoned tag gone
I think they wait til after because of a couple of false alarms. Not 100 percent sure but it feels right...

Reactions: DA22

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
0.2 already, nice to see development is moving along quickly, even if 0.1 hasn't found it's way over here yet

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
0.2 already, nice to see development is moving along quickly, even if 0.1 hasn't found it's way over here yet
0.1 is scheduled for public release on the 3rd, so not much longer. It's a bit shorter than the old 0.1, but imho a good step up and very promising for what's to come. In particular, you don't have to get dozens of choices exactly right to actually see some lewd scenes anymore.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
0.1 is scheduled for public release on the 3rd, so not much longer. It's a bit shorter than the old 0.1, but imho a good step up and very promising for what's to come. In particular, you don't have to get dozens of choices exactly right to actually see some lewd scenes anymore.
awesomecakes
Glad to hear he made those changes
Can't wait to play the new update :)

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So, having played through version 0.2 now I'm happy to report that the remake is proceeding splenditly. We get more relationship development, and some accompanying lewd scenes. The story is proceeding quickly, but at least to me it doesnt feel rushed.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
So, having played through version 0.2 now I'm happy to report that the remake is proceeding splenditly. We get more relationship development, and some accompanying lewd scenes. The story is proceeding quickly, but at least to me it doesnt feel rushed.
Great! Willing to upload it here so we can try?

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Great! Willing to upload it here so we can try?
I definitely understand your desire! But I also think that Lunarbit has not nearly as many subscribers as they deserve, so I hope that the wish to get their updates sooner will need to some more support for the dev eventually. Also, the delay from the highest tier release to public is less than 2 weeks - which seems fair enough for those who can't afford the subscription.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I definitely understand your desire! But I also think that Lunarbit has not nearly as many subscribers as they deserve, so I hope that the wish to get their updates sooner will need to some more support for the dev eventually. Also, the delay from the highest tier release to public is less than 2 weeks - which seems fair enough for those who can't afford the subscription.
Fair enough, but wasn't the release of part 0.1 around 20th of June? This discussion is always a hard one, on the one hand releases here can help a game gather speed especially in early start of a game or dev and then we are speaking as more as three months to a year, at same time with more established devs and games it can also diminish returns for them. Myself I am not a big fan of the patreon model beyond supporting starting out devs.

Too often paying per month for content that will come when it comes and losing all rights if stop supporting for a month while you supported for a long time and reasonable amount of money in total is from a consumer perspective not great. Now with devs that charge per update released that is fine, but if a dev really wants to monetize his work the support model is kinda bad for consumers.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Understandable, and I agree he deserves more supporters for this game. Hopefully it happens.

It actually annoys me how some overrated games are making over $100,000 a year for very mediocre content and nearly no updates, while quality new games like this have poor followings. It's all about advertising I guess. I always suggest new devs to create signatures, post sample renders in the Daz threads, and advertise in other forums/reddit to help get the word out about their game.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Fair enough, but wasn't the release of part 0.1 around 20th of June? This discussion is always a hard one, on the one hand releases here can help a game gather speed especially in early start of a game or dev and then we are speaking as more as three months to a year, at same time with more established devs and games it can also diminish returns for them. Myself I am not a big fan of the patreon model beyond supporting starting out devs.

Too often paying per month for content that will come when it comes and losing all rights if stop supporting for a month while you supported for a long time and reasonable amount of money in total is from a consumer perspective not great. Now with devs that charge per update released that is fine, but if a dev really wants to monetize his work the support model is kinda bad for consumers.
Agree the patreon model is terrible for consumers, and incentivizes milkers. I've also seen many new devs abandon games because they don't get enough patreons.

The thing is, like you said, people won't become patreons if they don't know about the game or get hooked on it - they're more likely to get hooked and want to support the game if they play early versions, or at the least get a taste of the renders/plot. F95 has been huge for growing followings if the dev knows how to use the platform right.

Making the game public (at some point) and interacting in the game threads also keep them active, and increase interest. Sadly, too many new devs don't do any of these things, and then quit when they don't get enough patreons.

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
I always have a free version on my Itch page until I'm finished with the project. So people can play it for free while I make it. There is a delay between versions of at least 10 days though when released. So that people who are able and want to support me can get something in return. That being early access to the latest builds. I'm not sure if it will ever be allowed here because of rule 7. I intended it to be this way if possible for at least this one. In hopes to grow my following a little bit on my side of things. Thanks for your support.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I always have a free version on my Itch page until I'm finished with the project. So people can play it for free while I make it. There is a delay between versions of at least 10 days though when released. So that people who are able and want to support me can get something in return. That being early access to the latest builds. I'm not sure if it will ever be allowed here because of rule 7. I intended it to be this way if possible for at least this one. In hopes to grow my following a little bit on my side of things. Thanks for your support.
I haven't seen the new update yet, so not sure how likely rule 7 will be thrown out there. Patch is always an option though if you wanted to - The Guardian was actually just reinstated by doing that

EDIT: Ok I played the revamp, and it looks like a great start! I think it's time to get this abandoned tag removed - more people will take an interest if they know it's still being developed

Last edited:

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
OP needs updating. The game is obviously not abandonned. Maybe someone can remove the tag.
Also, the Patreon link gives a 404. And the SubscribeStar link is missing.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
OP needs updating. The game is obviously not abandonned. Maybe someone can remove the tag.
Also, the Patreon link gives a 404. And the SubscribeStar link is missing.
Yeah I wasn't sure how to contact mods about that. I used the report function, but they just ignored it as usual. Yeah keeping the abandoned tag and improper links damages a game's growth for sure

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes