tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Devil Growth:

Hm, I can use it on a Max-Level 5 Character, but not on a Max-Level 10 Character (play with "Free Play" and current max-level is still level 10) so this seems kind of useless since I can just fuse a level 5 character with a level 10 spirit (light-spirits level ultra fast) and not tank max Morale ...

Lightning Storm:

Meteor Storm is nice and I get it very easy just from Fire Plant and Fire Beast (Plant and Beast + Fire Hyprids) which have Meteor. So just fusing 2 of them gives you Meteor Storm (The plants ALWAYS have Meteor, the Beasts have a 50% chance but with Evolution I can just change the skill set). But If I have to fight "fire" enemies Meteor Storm is obviously very weak and I want other stuff like, Tsunami and Lightning storm on my team. And Tsunamis you just get from the water spirit evolutions directly. Lightning storm is especially nice when fighting water enemies (that take very little damage when in Water from fire (like Meteor Storm) and Tsunami but take DOUBLE damage from lighning attacks ...
Yeah, those essences got nerfed into oblivion. They used to be able to exceed the level cap letting you do completely wacky bullshit like level 1000 characters, but now they kinda suck. I really wish they had left them alone, to be honest.

As for fusing, there's other benefits to longer fusing chains, and I'm trying to avoid completely giving it away unless you ask lol

Lets just say that skills are not the only thing you're concerned with while fusing that many spirits together.

dhannywest

Apr 11, 2022
Base species source of lightning being Lymeans is a real pity with their universally awful breeding stats. Best path I can figure is brute forcing Siren breeding for the doubled up eggs to get as many Lymeans for Spark/siren Lightning Strike fusions as you can get. Better fertility Lymean options aren't that much more fertile and tend to not have Spark on the list.

kiDRetadoR

May 17, 2020
So, this game has always been a bit... hmmmmm, how to put it.. rough to get into

I get mixed feelings from it, because while the artwork seems to be good, I honestly do not have even the slightest of clues of where to even begin with this game. I haven't played it in a very very long time and I downloaded it again to see if I could finally get to enjoy it, but I'm finding myself more or less in the same spot.. I try to follow the tutorial (which doesn't really do much, at least from what I managed to see) and still have no fucking clue of what to do.

What I tried to do now for my first playthrough was trying to do a quick tutorial session while trying to follow the top left corner advices (which seems to be exploring the city and talking to people and moving on from there on) but I didn't really get very far

Any guides that someone can offer me on how to start this game and get more or less of an idea of what the heck to do? This seems to be a game with a very steep learning curve, which interests me as I like challenges but dear lord the game is just not beginner friendly at all.

Appreciate the help peeps :)

Sep 23, 2021
So, this game has always been a bit... hmmmmm, how to put it.. rough to get into

I get mixed feelings from it, because while the artwork seems to be good, I honestly do not have even the slightest of clues of where to even begin with this game. I haven't played it in a very very long time and I downloaded it again to see if I could finally get to enjoy it, but I'm finding myself more or less in the same spot.. I try to follow the tutorial (which doesn't really do much, at least from what I managed to see) and still have no fucking clue of what to do.

What I tried to do now for my first playthrough was trying to do a quick tutorial session while trying to follow the top left corner advices (which seems to be exploring the city and talking to people and moving on from there on) but I didn't really get very far

Any guides that someone can offer me on how to start this game and get more or less of an idea of what the heck to do? This seems to be a game with a very steep learning curve, which interests me as I like challenges but dear lord the game is just not beginner friendly at all.

In general, beginner guide would just be:
1. Steady Income: train some decent looking unit to send to brothel for gold income.
2. Gear: trade income for gear(weapon/armor/misc/consumeable) so team don't get melt.(new with this update: item combine now)
3. Team: gear up team, if unit have skill, check their scaling(atk/magic), do you have someone to tank or are you planning to oneshot glass cannon, ect.
4. Quest: main quest, king quest, tavern quest, look to see what is the goal is and aim for those with those decked out team. Main & king quest are required, tavern is not.
5. Stamina: milk/'milk' & sleep is part of a healthy lifestyle. Sleeping outside is not fun nor does it help regain much stamina.

Other stuff that is not as require but nice:
1. Dating: while might be difficult initially, but bunch of sex relate action give stat, which allow you to alter the deck. Higher score date have chance to give good reward.
2. Steady Supply: with some workforce, you can order to have mine/logger/farm build in portal to generate those supplies. do remember to anchor down those portal so you don't lose them. You can also upgrade your house.
3. Breeding/fusion: the meat of the game. While it is important part of the game, IMO, unless you want to min/max, just take your time and find out. Gear & general combat mechanic can carry you far even with worse team. Recruit decent unit in combat & use those.

general beginner combat guide created by newb (me) for newb

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The main problem for new players is getting used to the combat.
When starting out your starters characters can vary from useless to completely useless, because new players don't know that you always need a damage dealer that is usually in some species of centaur.
I do recommend Oriel as a MC when starting out, not because the tutorial is better but simply because you get more characters.
That or Druid simply because you can Train and try to Solo with the abilities you get, and you can keep training and trying until you can.

With bad characters it can make Arena battles difficult, portal exploration encounters can butter flying fucking rape you.
Even experienced players when doing the Extreme challenge(600% difficulty) can get fucked by the combat since your starters will be deliberately useless and limited saves means you can make no mistakes.

Without combat you can't do portals, without portals you can't get resources, crystals, do the king's quests and recruit new characters so that you can fuse/breed better characters and kickstart that.

The only saving grace is Money which you can get from brothels with virgins that you train a bit(don't let them use the pussy) or by prostituting your MC. With money you can get some equipment and recruit some Tavern characters.
The other saving grace is Dating and recruiting the Town NPCs, they can be considered your real "starter" characters, as long as you can handle the Dating Card Game that can also be difficult for new players.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
That's an understatement lol

First start by trying to make money.
Then learn about the dating system, because it'll help a ton early with recruiting NPCs
Then start looking at combat in the low level zones

And mostly, just try and get used to the UI.

Also, accept that you're going to lose three or four games. It's going to happen, just accept it lol

Reactions: DuniX

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Lightning Storm is really easy to farm from Kitsune, it should be the best option to get Lightning Storm if you have boss baits really. I normally spam like 50 boss baits and get like 5-6 eggs for Kitsune with Lightning Storm which can be fused away to any other units.

Normally I don't do anything fancy, like it is reliable enough with Lightning Storm to beat the Overseer if you have some water potion or water weapon thing

Like Day 15: Spam Boss Baits get 3-4 Kitsune with Lightning Storm

Use different methods to raise their gene level

Fuse them away.

Normally when I beat the Overseer, I have one normal Kitsune with Lightning Storm, 1 Lava Girl with Lightning Storm, 1 Lymean with Lightning Storm and one character that user water potion. Base species Lava Girl and Lymean is enough really

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
where is the UI for character growth multipliers ? if it's "hidden" then that's very big pile of horseshit.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
where is the UI for character growth multipliers ? if it's "hidden" then that's very big pile of horseshit.
If you hover over your level you will see your growth rates and the predicted base stats you will get at your current max level.

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
Genetics:

Can some veteran of the game explain to me how much difference the "genetic values" for the different stats make concerning the maximum stats after leveling? Lets say I have 2 otherwise identical "mages" like a Lava Ghost how much difference would I see in the magic stat on two level 10, 15, 20 of them with one Lava Ghost starting out at 0 Magic in the Genes and one with 5?

Also is the difference affected by buffs (like +50% Magicbuff from "Charging" trait or by "magic charges" (this stacking +10% Magic / Str buffs you get by various means in combat). So I just want to know HOW important is it to get this gene stats maxed. Also is 10 the limit? Or are there tricks to raise them higher?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Genetics:

Can some veteran of the game explain to me how much difference the "genetic values" for the different stats make concerning the maximum stats after leveling? Lets say I have 2 otherwise identical "mages" like a Lava Ghost how much difference would I see in the magic stat on two level 10, 15, 20 of them with one Lava Ghost starting out at 0 Magic in the Genes and one with 5?

Also is the difference affected by buffs (like +50% Magicbuff from "Charging" trait or by "magic charges" (this stacking +10% Magic / Str buffs you get by various means in combat). So I just want to know HOW important is it to get this gene stats maxed. Also is 10 the limit? Or are there tricks to raise them higher?
You can see how many stat points you can gain from levelling up if you mouse over your level/exp stats on the character information page, it will say something like "max: +number", the number will be how many stats you will gain in total once you reach max level.

Also relatively easy to test by fiddling with starter points, "God" profession, and the "Prepared" and "StrongerStarters" traits, all tests were done with Lava Ghosts (both start with 4 magic at level 1). Here are the results I found:

Test 1 (both characters at level 10):
lava ghost 1 (5 magic genes) has 11 magic points x lava ghost 2 (0 magic genes) has 8 magic points

Test 2 (both characters at level 15):
lava ghost 1 (5 magic genes) has 15 magic points x lava ghost 2 (0 magic genes) has 11 magic points

Test 3 (both characters at level 20):
lava ghost 1 (5 magic genes) has 19 magic points x lava ghost 2 (0 magic genes) has 14 magic points

For quick testing, playing with an MC lava ghost with 10 starting magic genes, it says that she would gain +19 points once she reached level 20, so for a normal lava ghost that should mean they'd have 23 magic points at level 20.

Worth noting that different species have different base growth stats, so you could see different results when testing with other species.

Also genetic levels for stats are capped at 10, only genetic max level can go up to 20. The only other ways I know to modify base stat growth values is to change your "LvType" (only doable for Creation) or to use Guardian "soul drain" or whatever it was called to eat units of species that have a better stat growth than you.

Reactions: DuniX

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
Thank you very much for the testing Manscout (I still lack some of the unlocks you mentioned).

So the difference is significant but not extreme. But these values are then used as a basis for adding something on top of them like the trait "Ancient Power" that increases magic/str/hp/mana/ldmg by 20%, right? So these Base Differences will lead to higher differences if you add specific traits on to them. Correct?

And this should then also be further enhanced by magic buffs in combat.

PS:

What about the "Condensed Trait" (+50% Magic, -50% Mana) Seems to be pretty harsh to loose 50% of the characters mana pool for the damage buff when you go exporing portals.

I thought about combining it with " " on a melee unit with already high base magic and growth maybe something like the Ghost Taur or the Ring Beast? Are there others?

dhannywest

Apr 11, 2022
I think I read somewhere the genetic stats are 10% each? So two identical characters with one point difference in stats will have a 10% difference between them, a genetic 10 character will be twice as good in that stat as a genetic 0 character. Which is significant but not critically necessary when a buncha traits(like condensed pointed out) add big enough bonuses to make you effective. ~5 in a genetic stat is roughly good enough.

I do agree that the details on growth is opaque for casual checking. Checking relative stat growth differences across two hybrids to get a gauge of which is better at what roles involving mousing over a small piece of text in different character menus is too much. Where genetics gives me a natural gauge(5 is the middle, 10 is the cap), growth rates can go astronomically high but I don't know what a generally solid number is for a character to be considered good in that role. I'm pretty sure growth rate changes are non-retroactive too, so adapting a number of traits becomes useless if they modify that.

I would be down for some way of spending a resource to recalculate a characters stats based on what they would have had if they had these growth bonuses from the start. Distinct from the potential potion that acts like effectively a secret extra level. Avoids what is considered degenerate incentives of say, recruiting a unique NPC from a portal and instantly sending them back home before they get any experience so you can adapt Potential on them first and foremost.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
So the difference is significant but not extreme. But these values are then used as a basis for adding something on top of them like the trait "Ancient Power" that increases magic/str/hp/mana/ldmg by 20%, right? So these Base Differences will lead to higher differences if you add specific traits on to them. Correct?
Yeah, these are just the base differences. Once you start getting into traits, things get far more interesting. Having 10 specialized traits is going to be the biggest difference in character power. You can pretty reliably make a character 5-10x as powerful with average traits.

And this should then also be further enhanced by magic buffs in combat.
Yes. Yes it should.

What about the "Condensed Trait" (+50% Magic, -50% Mana) Seems to be pretty harsh to loose 50% of the characters mana pool for the damage buff when you go exporing portals.
50% is a pretty big multiplier. My evo *never* runs out of mana, so that 's just free magic damage. The same is true for most mages, if you plan for it.

And you can combine it creatively with other traits. Like ManaSpark, which gives -20% mana/magic, but makes it so you always start with at least 25% mana.

If you're ending every fight in a single turn, and 25% mana is enough to cast your primary turn one attack, then you don't need more mana. Just make sure you do the math right and 25% of your total mana is enough lol

You'll also find that a lot of the magic boosting perks also boost mana.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Pretty much.
The number in parenthesis is with all the modifiers.
Empowered + Condensed + Infused + Ancient Power gives you 20 + 50 + 25 + 20 = 115% which you see.
It goes even higher with Morale, Magic Charges and Charging and other bonuses In Combat.
This why your Base Stats you get from Growth Rates are so important in combination with Traits. There are also Essences that can boost the Growth Rates.
Also get Adapt for the MC asap. Druid especially gets shafted since you need to unlock it.

My experience is a Gene of 5+ with an appropriate Level Type and some appropriate traits can get you through most portal encounters.
Anything less is garbage that can get you slaughtered. Since I am doing a 600% challenge run I am intimately aware of that situation.

Last edited:

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Lately, rather than juggling with bonus, I have been playing around with Magic Charge traits instead. Amplified is honestly pretty good

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the new dating system. You only have ONE deck of cards, so the number of cards is VERY limited.

You could play as male, female or futa and your date could be male, female or futa and a single decks simply cannot cover it. You ed up with useless cards and you have to throw most away because the usage is so limited.

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
Magic Charges:

Indeed. Any suggestions how to get as many of them as possible in the first turn? "Lover" gives 3 (+1 from Amplified). I use a shadow-team with a Djinn that gives everyone +3 also (again +1 with Amplified) so the team already start with 8 charges.

The 2x Lymean Bonus from the "Base Species Perks" gives +1 (again +1) if you give magic shield to someone. So this can be done at the beginning of the battle by a support for the main damage dealer.

Last edited:

dhannywest

Apr 11, 2022
There's three sorta tiers of encounter difficulty? Starter portals and arena fights that low level and unoptimized characters can handle alongside most of the town uniques, normal run big fights with rivals, the king, most portals that can be handled by stronger town NPCs and uniques, and true ending and alt story ball busters. Casual using whatever ~5 genetics at level 20 with a few uniques one likes can comfortably get you through the second tier, but you really do need to get crazy for the third tier. It'll surprise you in stuff like Zija, Castalia, and Avy's worlds that you can stumble into without knowing how threatening they are.

Technically Overseer stuff and AN_3 true ending are a tier above the other examples I gave, but if you make a team to handle those worlds you understand the process to achieve the tricks needed for those.

Getting a spirit up to level 20 to fuse with things and grinding out good sources of exp to fuel that is roughly where I'm at. Level genes to 20 isn't tricky, but when it comes to getting all the other genes deliberately up I'm staring at dealing with juggling breeding outcomes for several days for a slightly better generation or juggling an obscene number of fusion targets to cascade their stats together. I'm surely missing a less painful method of reliably growing them all past the finish line.

Noctane

Dec 9, 2021
It's kinda shit.
Great for grinding for Ascended achievement, but repetitive and boring.
The most fun runs for me are seduction focus using Natural, because there's no alpha strikes and my critters aren't OP, so i actually play the game.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes