the_saviour

Nov 10, 2023
Was asked to update my old patch for Linux allowing cheats without being marked cheater. It will also "unmark" saves and re-enable achievements (make sure to run any cheat to re-run the marking routine which then re-enables achievements).
Hello, sorry to tag you but if possible can you let me know how do i install this game on linux

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello, sorry to tag you but if possible can you let me know how do i install this game on linux
That particular binary you replied about was for v16. ...You should not be using Linux if you don't know how. There is no "install", it's a collection of files, one of which is an executable binary, just like Windows...

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
You should not be using Linux if you don't know how.
Man dont try to gatekeep OS usage. If the guy wants to run linux let him. Not everyone can be or should be proficient with whatever new thing they are trying straight out the gate. Sometimes people just want to try something different or are trying to run it on the steam deck for instance.

Reactions: Jinsem

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Man dont try to gatekeep OS usage. If the guy wants to run linux let him. Not everyone can be or should be proficient with whatever new thing they are trying straight out the gate. Sometimes people just want to try something different or are trying to run it on the steam deck for instance.
I'm not trying to gatekeep, I'd love more Linux users on the forum and elsewhere. Not knowing how to use Linux it what leads to people running sudo rm -rf /. They're asking how to install something that doesn't "install" because it is not meant to be. They should've learned their package manager(s) and would have realized this isn't something that gets "installed", merely ran. People that jump into something dangerous without learning about it...their fault. Letting people know they may hurt themselves should not be faulted. I didn't say "don't", I said "should not". They were also replying about a v16 binary I uploaded long ago to mark cheated saves clean. That post had warnings not to mix binaries. Reasonable to conclude with them replying to it that they may have intended to use it, specifically not listening. I'm tired of finding out an hour or two in fixing someone's save that it's because they borked it mismatching binaries when specifically warned not to.

Revotur

Sep 25, 2018
This game has a very high entry barrier.

What you need here is a tutorial in which the game reveals its cards very slowly.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Rumor is game is near completion but still has some updates. Ive not seen any of these comments from anyone though and as always take anything you hear with a grain of salt.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes