DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
What's the content like in this game. It's 0.27 but seems like it's been in development for about six years. Is there content enough to play or is it more tech demo than game. Are there any more playable characters than the four listed to begin with?
27 is the number of major versions released not a percentage number to the completion of the game, you can already consider it equivalent to a 0.9 versioning and close to completion.
3 are the original Main Characters that have the mechanics the game was based around, the 4th slot represents hundreds of other characters, some can even have their own unique mechanics.
Something similar to a Brothel King with a few-dozen girl packs installed but a consistent art style.
Combat and Exploration is a major component of the game so consider it more as a kind of Pokemon game with Breeding.

kandur

Jul 26, 2019
I'm trying to breed Krava (lvl20) and Sylvie (lvl20) but they only produce max lvl 10 eggs. Why?

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
I'm trying to breed Krava (lvl20) and Sylvie (lvl20) but they only produce max lvl 10 eggs. Why?
Are you playing Free Play? If so, keep in mind that gene levle caps are tied to world hostility so to get better genes caps on your eggs, you'll need to increase your world hostility first.

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
You need to increase the world level. World level is increased by finishing 80% (exploration and defeating enemy parties) of "regular" portals with high enough hostility.

Jinsem

Jul 31, 2017
I am not too sure what is missing in this game, I consider it complete. For me since 0.16.xx the game has been more like a DLC release till now, well I started playing from 0.15.xx, this is a game you can start and beat it (meaning complete the intended gameplay)
for me this is more of tweaks, expansion etc releases of a completed game, the dev may say its not complete because they still want to add more, but from a consumer point of view I am not sure how we can say something that plays and reach an intended ending is not complete.

Of-course it doesn't matter too much if its v1.0 or v0.00000000001, how many devs release not even v1.0 but v6.xx and still have obvious dead ends in their games? games that will barely have anything at all? storylines going nowhere?

This is one of the very few devs that are simply brilliant, even if you are not into the type of games he makes, how often do you find devs who write a character finish it, then add another finish it, story line complete, instead of giving us updates where the story line never even gets touched for the next 5 years, instead we get stuck at things like, we added character A, 6 months later we changed the panties of character A, a year later we fixed a bug where panties of character A were not showing, 2 years later you can now meet character A at the toilet, a year later character A is removed altogether:sleep:, storyline dololo.

Portals is one of those games you barely if ever find areas with placeholders, WIP, not yet implemented, or gets cut with a text that goes, please join us on patreon for the next update, you even get NG+ here in order for you to beat the game again, if that's not complete enough I don't know what is.

Reactions: DuniX

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
I am not too sure what is missing in this game, I consider it complete. For me since 0.16.xx the game has been more like a DLC release till now, well I started playing from 0.15.xx, this is a game you can start and beat it (meaning complete the intended gameplay)
for me this is more of tweaks, expansion etc releases of a completed game, the dev may say its not complete because they still want to add more, but from a consumer point of view I am not sure how we can say something that plays and reach an intended ending is not complete.

Of-course it doesn't matter too much if its v1.0 or v0.00000000001, how many devs release not even v1.0 but v6.xx and still have obvious dead ends in their games? games that will barely have anything at all? storylines going nowhere?

This is one of the very few devs that are simply brilliant, even if you are not into the type of games he makes, how often do you find devs who write a character finish it, then add another finish it, story line complete, instead of giving us updates where the story line never even gets touched for the next 5 years, instead we get stuck at things like, we added character A, 6 months later we changed the panties of character A, a year later we fixed a bug where panties of character A were not showing, 2 years later you can now meet character A at the toilet, a year later character A is removed altogether:sleep:, storyline dololo.

Portals is one of those games you barely if ever find areas with placeholders, WIP, not yet implemented, or gets cut with a text that goes, please join us on patreon for the next update, you even get NG+ here in order for you to beat the game again, if that's not complete enough I don't know what is.
Well they game could be considered finished.

Of course developing all the unique characters like Avy & Co would be a great thing he could still do. Giving all (or many) of the uniques their own quest(s), giving them events, more unique scenes during dating, mabye even some unique items. Items in the game could also use an update. There aren´t that many to beginn with, their could be "set items". Their could be more Town NPCs and or the existing ones could be flashed out more with again more quests / events etc.

Then he could add more town locations / activities and improve some like the brothel (more options, special upgrades, EVENTS at the brothel, more interaction with the girls there etc.) Same for "HOME" more improvment options maybe make some exklusive with others / depending on reputation etc.

And then of course there is the potential for a lot of rebalancing still. The base species perks are very weakly balanced with some of them very strong and some very weak. Same with the essences (incl. starter essences).

So there is immense potential for improvment still.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Of course developing all the unique characters like Avy & Co would be a great thing he could still do. Giving all (or many) of the uniques their own quest(s), giving them events, more unique scenes during dating, mabye even some unique items.
They have their own game in the Succubus Game, I think we will see more there, there is not much point in this game.
Items in the game could also use an update. There aren´t that many to beginn with, their could be "set items". Their could be more Town NPCs and or the existing ones could be flashed out more with again more quests / events etc.
Items are already pretty good with the scaling changes, they have a purpose and they are pretty balanced already.
Even if there is a 1.0 version I still think the dev will not help themselves in adding new events and stuff.

But in terms of mechanics I don't see what much more can be done. Right now it's just reworking things for the sake of reworking.

Really the only major change is if the developer decided to make the UI more slick and repackage the game to be released on Steam.

Sep 23, 2021
oh, right, here is the , which have it's own channel on discord, not sure how update it is tho, since while the dev is active on discord, this page is read-only, and since no one interact with it, who know if it got update?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
istg if this game really managed to reach that fabled 1.0 status i'll use it as an example to the BS thread "yo people, so this is how you can circumvent the breeding tag curse! just make something else the main feature of the game but keep a comprehensive breeding mechanics underneath!"

Ero-Toth

Sep 6, 2021
Eventually according to Syvaron temperament, all the broken build uninvolved with Evolution will disappear so enjoy breaking what you have while you can. I still remember how broken it was a long time ago. Ah 3000 magic Kitsune, my beloved

View attachment 3684878
How did you get her? Is there a particular fusion or is she boss that you need to invite in your group?

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
How did you get her? Is there a particular fusion or is she boss that you need to invite in your group?
It is an example of an old broken mechanic that was removed. Namely, Favor and Devil Potential which increase characters to ludicrous level in short time.

For a normal Kitsune, you need to beat a Kitsune boss on the world map, which would drop an egg that you can hatch. It is one of the few easy way to get Lightning Storm, which is a very broken spell.

Kellnaved

Jul 2, 2019
It is an example of an old broken mechanic that was removed. Namely, Favor and Devil Potential which increase characters to ludicrous level in short time.

For a normal Kitsune, you need to beat a Kitsune boss on the world map, which would drop an egg that you can hatch. It is one of the few easy way to get Lightning Storm, which is a very broken spell.
But now with Juliev everyone can summon electro spirits and one evolution into static girls gives Lightning Storm and a bunch of other or even better skills like discharge.

Jinsem

Jul 31, 2017
We can do this until the devs and mods boot us all from the thrend, doesnt change the fact that this particular game is currently V0.27.0.1. Whether someone likes it or not, and far as many of us are concerned, the game is functionally complete, even though we are exceedingly pleased with TLC it still gets.
By the way this game is not labeled what version it is, as for the folders, you can always rename them to whatever that doesn't bother you guys.:ROFLMAO:

Ill take my retirement from the topic.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I merely wanted to know what it was the author was doing and why the poster was saying 0.27 was near completion and comparing it to 0.9.
What do you think "Complete" means?
I was responding to a post that was wondering how much content the game has.
The game is far from a "alpha" or 1/4 done as the version might seem at first glance.
And the equivalent to 0.9 which is close to completion, especially since the developer said it's close to completion shouldn't be wrong.
Even if the developer was undecided, the game is already feature complete and content rich. How much more "Complete" do you want the game to be?

the_saviour

Nov 10, 2023
Was asked to update my old patch for Linux allowing cheats without being marked cheater. It will also "unmark" saves and re-enable achievements (make sure to run any cheat to re-run the marking routine which then re-enables achievements).
Hello, sorry to tag you but if possible can you let me know how do i install this game on linux

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello, sorry to tag you but if possible can you let me know how do i install this game on linux
That particular binary you replied about was for v16. ...You should not be using Linux if you don't know how. There is no "install", it's a collection of files, one of which is an executable binary, just like Windows...

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
You should not be using Linux if you don't know how.
Man dont try to gatekeep OS usage. If the guy wants to run linux let him. Not everyone can be or should be proficient with whatever new thing they are trying straight out the gate. Sometimes people just want to try something different or are trying to run it on the steam deck for instance.

Reactions: Jinsem

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Man dont try to gatekeep OS usage. If the guy wants to run linux let him. Not everyone can be or should be proficient with whatever new thing they are trying straight out the gate. Sometimes people just want to try something different or are trying to run it on the steam deck for instance.
I'm not trying to gatekeep, I'd love more Linux users on the forum and elsewhere. Not knowing how to use Linux it what leads to people running sudo rm -rf /. They're asking how to install something that doesn't "install" because it is not meant to be. They should've learned their package manager(s) and would have realized this isn't something that gets "installed", merely ran. People that jump into something dangerous without learning about it...their fault. Letting people know they may hurt themselves should not be faulted. I didn't say "don't", I said "should not". They were also replying about a v16 binary I uploaded long ago to mark cheated saves clean. That post had warnings not to mix binaries. Reasonable to conclude with them replying to it that they may have intended to use it, specifically not listening. I'm tired of finding out an hour or two in fixing someone's save that it's because they borked it mismatching binaries when specifically warned not to.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes