clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I misread he only gained skill point not a new skill, but is there a way to train faster or the only way is the training room , and I also wanna know about the level system like what do you need for a character to reach past level 5 I only know the starter you can enpower or use a king potion (does the druid reset his level or it's just a bug) sorry for late reply.
Just take your time learning the game, it takes time playing it anyway.

Ways to gain xp for your MC :
-Combat in the arena/wild/training room. Keep in mind that the higher level you already are, the less xp you'll get. If you don't fight strong enough groups, you'll get 0 xp. How "strong" a group is shown as a number called "party strength". Yours is at the bottom of the screen, and you can only see your opponent's when you're roaming portals (the number at their token's feet, and remember to use right-click on them to see the group's detailed composition and fight rewards).
See image: 1614622788892.png
-Exp potions: there are multiple recipes to craft them, and they give you a flat +50xp, which lets you ignore your high level penalty. Castalia will also gift you some when you reach 300 points with her research quest, but they are one-offs and not buyable. Finally you can get them as combat rewards in portals, although their rarity is high.
-Training in the training room: flat +10xp for 10 fatigue and 30 minutes, +15xp instead during the evening when Aila is here too.

Some methods are exclusive to units that are not your hero:
-Paying Aila to train a unit a flat +50xp for 300 gold, available twice a day. You can't use this for your MC though.
-teacher & student occupations at home
-trainer occupation during rests while exploring portals
-XP potion in the farm (unlocks through a rare overworld portal event).

Now about max level. For your MC, it's fixed at 20 with two exceptions: the +lvl max potion (actually never tried that one on my MC so don't take my word for it) that's an end-game craft, and the game-preparation trait that gives you +5 MaxLvl. For your units, the max lvl can be raised through breeding or fusing like every other gene up to 20 (10 for normal genes). The +lvl max potion (that actually raises the gene, mind you) and +lvl max traits (inheritable) are also applicable here. The quickest way to raise the max lvl of your units is to raise spirits to fuse them with, because non-fully-evolved spirits gain double xp and can raise their own Maxlvl through their mechanics, and that makes them prime targets for Xp consumables and Aila's training.

Druid has a special leveling mechanic, he can level up to 20 six times in different branches and you can switch between them freely. You shouldn't be able to use King potions on any of your heroes though, and even if you are you should not, it's a bug with unknown consequences.

That should be it but just keep asking and i'll keep answering.

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
Just take your time learning the game, it takes time playing it anyway.

Ways to gain xp for your MC :
-Combat in the arena/wild/training room. Keep in mind that the higher level you already are, the less xp you'll get. If you don't fight strong enough groups, you'll get 0 xp. How "strong" a group is shown as a number called "party strength". Yours is at the bottom of the screen, and you can only see your opponent's when you're roaming portals (the number at their token's feet, and remember to use right-click on them to see the group's detailed composition and fight rewards).
See image: View attachment 1060852
-Exp potions: there are multiple recipes to craft them, and they give you a flat +50xp, which lets you ignore your high level penalty. Castalia will also gift you some when you reach 300 points with her research quest, but they are one-offs and not buyable. Finally you can get them as combat rewards in portals, although their rarity is high.
-Training in the training room: flat +10xp for 10 fatigue and 30 minutes, +15xp instead during the evening when Aila is here too.

Some methods are exclusive to units that are not your hero:
-Paying Aila to train a unit a flat +50xp for 300 gold, available twice a day. You can't use this for your MC though.
-teacher & student occupations at home
-trainer occupation during rests while exploring portals
-XP potion in the farm (unlocks through a rare overworld portal event).

Now about max level. For your MC, it's fixed at 20 with two exceptions: the +lvl max potion (actually never tried that one on my MC so don't take my word for it) that's an end-game craft, and the game-preparation trait that gives you +5 MaxLvl. For your units, the max lvl can be raised through breeding or fusing like every other gene up to 20 (10 for normal genes). The +lvl max potion (that actually raises the gene, mind you) and +lvl max traits (inheritable) are also applicable here. The quickest way to raise the max lvl of your units is to raise spirits to fuse them with, because non-fully-evolved spirits gain double xp and can raise their own Maxlvl through their mechanics, and that makes them prime targets for Xp consumables and Aila's training.

Druid has a special leveling mechanic, he can level up to 20 six times in different branches and you can switch between them freely. You shouldn't be able to use King potions on any of your heroes though, and even if you are you should not, it's a bug with unknown consequences.

That should be it but just keep asking and i'll keep answering.
So the druid exp is directly linked with his skill branch like for example if he train the strength or magic branches he still gain those magic or strength point

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
So the druid exp is directly linked with his skill branch like for example if he train the strength or magic branches he still gain those magic or strength point
Yep. Pick strength branch, gain xp for it, get skillpoints for it (and a couple globals), and the other branches haven't moved a bit. Druid is the character requiring the most xp, since to max him out you really get him to lvl 120 total. Only the level of the selected branch will show up and not the total on your character page though, so you don't have to choose which branch to do first as the others won't get harder to level up later.

Reactions: ifdk

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
Yep. Pick strength branch, gain xp for it, get skillpoints for it (and a couple globals), and the other branches haven't moved a bit. Druid is the character requiring the most xp, since to max him out you really get him to lvl 120 total. Only the level of the selected branch will show up and not the total on your character page though, so you don't have to choose which branch to do first as the others won't get harder to level up later.
Thx

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Any opinion on what is the last trait I should add?

Edit: attachment is being stupid

Last edited:

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Any opinion on what is the last trait I should add?

Edit: attachment is being stupid

Nice one, i'd try to get there without bloodline though. As for the last trait, "empowered"? the lesser version of "God" during the ruins event (unless you've taken the energy girl/artficact instead).
Could go for Telekinetic for the fun too.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Nice one, i'd try to get there without bloodline though. As for the last trait, "empowered"? the lesser version of "God" during the ruins event (unless you've taken the energy girl/artficact instead).
Could go for Telekinetic for the fun too.
I got there with Druid's blood sacrifice and I'm pretty sure Druid cant get access to empower. The Druid's new skillset is horrifically broken when it comes to trait when I was trying it out, so it ended with this. I also like the Liferoot a lot more now after one Liferoot solo a certain spoiler boss

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I got there with Druid's blood sacrifice and I'm pretty sure Druid cant get access to empower. The Druid's new skillset is horrifically broken when it comes to trait when I was trying it out, so it ended with this. I also like the Liferoot a lot more now after one Liferoot solo a certain spoiler boss
Yeah my bad, Druid can't get that trait. Every character has his own broken trait-bank power since last update, though Creation can't easily get them on something else than slimes (spirits breeding and fusion still works just fine, tho, the OG mutating strat!).
Pretty sure your Kitsune can one-shot bosses too, though.

Reactions: Altruant

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Yeah, only a "Mindbender" artifact can let you recruit Evolution and Creation directly. It's not a programmed achievement either, just a flex (at least as far as i know, i haven't done the new ending yet). If you want style points though, play Evolution/Creation and recruit Hebi when you fight her; her art and sprites are really amazing imo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall it's much easier to recruit the other heroes on longer campaigns (60 or 90 days at least) because you have enough time to ramp up early to an A/S tavern rank, to get some artifacts via those missions instead of unstable portals, early enough to catch them in the form you want when you meet them.
And yeah, their power is meh; normally you only try to recruit Siena when playing as Evolution the canon way for story reasons (lovers before the catastrophe that brought portals to the world, blah blah blah).

EDIT: the "true end" referenced by Altruant is the new path added in 0.15 version of the game. The boss is a huge bitch and you need to be well prepared or die (even though it's cheese-able).

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Jeeze, sounds like I have some homework to do. For some reason I've never thought the game's end would be so complex, even though the rest of the game certainly has it's complexities.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
That's the thing with Mind Bender... It's horribly broken. You can even turn any boss instantly with it (and get a Kraken on your team for example >•>).
It's the mind control spell that has limitations. The artifact is just that OP.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
That's the thing with Mind Bender... It's horribly broken. You can even turn any boss instantly with it (and get a Kraken on your team for example >•>).
It's the mind control spell that has limitations. The artifact is just that OP.
Mind Bender really can't recruit Evolution and Creation though, I tried. You have to follow the questline

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I feel like I'm suffering from braindamage for not getting it, but how do you even progress towards the true ending? I read all three hints, but I still have no idea where to use the item, I know it's in the first 3 hours every 5th day, but where? Has anyone gotten around to writing a guide that I can go to whenever I get stuck?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Mind Bender really can't recruit Evolution and Creation though, I tried. You have to follow the questline
Not surprising. At least this is working, lol.

I feel like I'm suffering from braindamage for not getting it, but how do you even progress towards the true ending? I read all three hints, but I still have no idea where to use the item, I know it's in the first 3 hours every 5th day, but where? Has anyone gotten around to writing a guide that I can go to whenever I get stuck?
In an artifact portal. You may have to wait a bit to line up the timing. There isn't really a guide yet, just save beforehand and discover things.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021

Edit: Where are your Gods now?

Last edited:

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019

Edit: Where are your Gods now?
Dude... 95 Max Lvl potion on a single character? that's next level grind right there >.>
What a fkin flex!

Edit: or does the unlimiter pre-game modifier let you breed over MaxLvl20...and genes too, since with vanilla stat lines achieving +3Magic/level should be close to impossible... but with those traits...hmmm... Never tried it so not sure. Amazing flex anyway.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 79 Votes