BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Nice, that'd be the one to use then. Thanks for the hard work, I'm not even close to finishing mine lol
I programmatically generate it. Takes less than a minute. If I was inclined (I'm super lazy to load up Windows) I could write a tool to automate the process in the future. Could just simply load the Assembly and enumerate the enums and automate. Meh. What I do for the Linux users is patch it, so you can cheat without being marked a cheater, and it re-enables achievements while unmarking cheated, then I use all unlock cheats on-top of the above method to unlock everything. Then I just upload the Unlockables. Takes about a minute to manually make that patch and then a minute to run, unlock all, exit. Can be automated, might do it. Lazy these days.

Last edited:

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
So, for the new update, instead of Kitsune spam, I still go with the Druid and uses the Seedling Dragon spam. But I believe Kitsune's ability can be transported to other Magic focused race with Fusion

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
So, for the new update, instead of Kitsune spam, I still go with the Druid and uses the Seedling Dragon spam. But I believe Kitsune's ability can be transported to other Magic focused race with Fusion
Yes, you just need a "catalyst" trait on either of the characters. Looking back up the topic, you can also evolve skills through fusing it twice (not sure) or breeding characters with the same evolvable skills (waterbolt/waterfall/tsunami, spark/chain lightning/lightning storm, fireball/meteor/meteor swarm...). there's a list on the wiki.

Also with the restriction on elite units now... yeah, seedling dragons OP again, lol.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
But the Dragons are now only Firedragons. Normal Dragons from Dragonpuppies are gone ?
You should be able to evolve a fire spirit>dragonewt>fire dragon. Or capture dragonewts in a mountain tile event ambush (bring your capture nets). Or capture the King's dragons when you fight him (yes you can, bring a healing net and turn the fight around, lol).
Unless that has changed in 0.16.X, i haven't played yet; i'm waiting for the first couple of corrective patches to get back to it since only the unlockables file is compatible between versions.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
That's what I was working on as well. I'm trying to figure out which unresticted species has the best magic scaling to go with it right now. Anyone know the answer so I can be lazy? My guess is one of the special species, but I've been avoiding trying all them yet.

I'm actually surprised that the seedling dragon didn't get restricted as well.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
That's what I was working on as well. I'm trying to figure out which unresticted species has the best magic scaling to go with it right now. Anyone know the answer so I can be lazy? My guess is one of the special species, but I've been avoiding trying all them yet.

I'm actually surprised that the seedling dragon didn't get restricted as well.
The Seer (Lavagirl + Lymean) is the strongest magically speaking unless my memory is playing trick on me. It has even better magic scaling than Kitsune I believe, but Kitsune spam was easier for me

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
The Seer (Lavagirl + Lymean) is the strongest magically speaking unless my memory is playing trick on me. It has even better magic scaling than Kitsune I believe, but Kitsune spam was easier for me
Lymean+Tanid has 2.0 base MAG scaling, the highest possible in the game. You can get them by fighting hives and seducing them if you don't play as Siena.
Btw, you can launch back to back fights by staying on the hive tile if you don't destroy it, so you can farm whatever species combo you fancy ;)

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
With the new update is there a way to copy my progress, will it do itself automatically or...?
in PortalsOfPhereon_Data > saveData, copy the unlockables.sav from your current verion to the new verion of the game.
If the folder "saveData" doesn't exist yet, launch the game once or create the folder yourself.

Ongoing saved games are not compatible between versions, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patran

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
in PortalsOfPhereon_Data > Savedata, copy the unlockables.sav from your current verion to the new verion of the game.
If the folder "savedata" doesn't exist yet, launch the game once or create the folder yourself.

Ongoing saved games are not compatible between versions, though.
The correct name is "saveData". Case-sensitivity matters on non-Lamedows systems.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks, also would like support for 4/5K screens.
The problem lately is that most never anticipated higher DPI displays or resolutions. The migration from Microsoft's pushed 96-DPI to hiDPI is going to take a lot longer for most non-studio games and such to adopt, not to mention so very many engines lack SVG/rasterized graphics and require separate mipmaps/texture resolutions. Most aren't willing to put that much time into it for so little gain (few users), not to mention issues regarding upscaling performance such as in games like Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Serious upscaling issues, that had. They'll stick to 1080p (most common) resolutions and simply upscale. If you don't mind blurring, you can simply ask the author (or if I have time, myself, if someone will upload the Managed DLLs (I don't download Windows because I run Linux full-time these days)) to patch the game to add extra resolutions. That won't increase the resolution of images, but it allows you to run higher resolutions. I only crack/debug/patch games, so I rarely see any gameplay, but I have seen the hex-grid system in this. It is designed for low-res. May not look good. You can try combining "Reshader" with this after a resolution patch. It'd probably look good.

A quick look at the code, it could easily be patched for fullscreen, borderless, and any resolution. Just need a Windows version of "Assembly-CSharp.dll" from anyone. Can take me just a few minutes. I'd have to do it every update until the author adds support. *shrug* Author seriously should use Screen.resolutions and list out instead.

Last edited:

ThanhTung

Apr 27, 2017
It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), so... can someone update the thread please?
Sorry if my words sound offensive, Idk any clever way to say it.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), so... can someone update the thread please?
Sorry if my words sound offensive, Idk any clever way to say it.
You could say "It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), does anyone have it? It fixes the following bugs that I think are critical to gameplay: ..." That works well, usually. :) You're alright though, not offensive.

Reactions: ThanhTung

ThanhTung

Apr 27, 2017
"It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), does anyone have it? It fixes the following bugs that I think are critical to gameplay: ..." Works well, usually. :) You're alright though, not offensive.
Thank you for fixing it. <3
Oh and these are the bugs that's been fixed in the newer version, I found it on the Wiki:
Bugfixes:
  • could camp in unstable portals
  • some maincharacter sexskills were mixed up
  • aircontrol essence didn't do anything
  • hardened skin soul fragment buff applied to spirits/seedlings instead of soulfragments
  • choice caster didn't work
  • potions/energy were used in instant breeding.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes