VN Ren'Py Abandoned Power Corrupts [v0.04.0] [Double Prolix]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Sorry, I was thinking about the spin off project Paragon. For the sandbox, I'm in the process of migrating the project over to Unity; I don't know if that warrants a new thread or not.

In either case I have the basic framework down, but there's no content of note yet. I like the new look and feel, but I won't release a Unity build until the content is as developed as the Ren'Py version.

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Hey, as I posted in the Paragon thread, this isn't quite dead. I've got a halfway decent workstation now, so I've shifted from wanting to commission renders to learning to do it myself. I plan on remaking both this and Paragon with those 3D renders instead of the placeholder photoshop manipulations... but it'll take me a while to get both the skills I need and the assets required for a project like this with such a huge potential cast and a wide array of powers.

I'll be working on a smaller scope project to help me develop a workflow and gain the skills I need in the meantime.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I came from the sequel thread. It didn't pick my interest that much but, after reading the changelog, I thought why not try the game and it wasn't that bad.

The worldbuilding is very limited.
The characters are few and different.
The story, though nice, is really short.
The artistic side isn't bad but not that good either like in the sequel. This time, the filter is brighter but we can see dots everywhere.

I'm glad I tried it. The tags (not up to date) and the samples aren't that much helpful with a summary rather generic. So thanks the changelog. We can customize our MC (sex and power). I was John Doe Nameless (I think the default names could have been better...). The choices have once again consequences on relationships (which we can't see in this game too) and outcomes. Telepathy seems pretty useless (we're easily injured and can't help anybody). The training consist of 2 times for only one stat. It's a good find to indicate what stat is used for the available actions. There is something supposed to happen on saturday (either work or barbecue with Todd) but not implemented yet. Sad John had to leave, he seemed like a nice guy.

The map is too simplistic. The gym and lot locations should still be indicated even if not available. The patrol should appear at different areas of the map, leading to the different events (for example, the usual location is for the first mission with the girl and the thugs, the ninjas' in Little Cairo, the explosion at Romeo Village...). What was the point of home outside bringing Ack there once? And the purpose of working overtime?

There's a mention of being a college student. Was it removed?

Good continuation.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote