Ga0na

Aug 22, 2019
Usually a good idea to add a rough week onto the release estimates for this game. G28 keeps busy and I think sometimes he promises timing because people have been asking and he knows that they are eager. I think the last two updates the full patch has come out 7 days ish after the planned date, but he puts out the partial patch to tide people over which is more considerate than most devs lol

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
It is going to be longer before it's ready. I thought I'd have it done quickly but this is one of many projects that I'm working on and it's simply not ready yet. If I estimate that something is going to be done, and then it's not, there is literally nothing that panicking will do to make it go faster. If it's not done, it's not done.

Will the full release be ready by the end of this week? Maybe. Maybe not. I've already shared everything that's currently done for PoW in the thread, so there's no reason to act like an entitled asshole while you wait for more free content from me.

Ga0na

Aug 22, 2019
sorry G i didn't mean to be rude. I wasn't criticizing your release schedule or missing your estimated windows. I was just trying to offer an explanation for those checking in as to why releases often don't match your estimations: you're busy. I do genuinely appreciate you releasing files early to tide people over, it is considerate and more than any dev is obligated to do. I'm sorry if I came across as entitled or inconsiderate in how I tried to communicate that.

Reactions: Southron

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
sorry G i didn't mean to be rude. I wasn't criticizing your release schedule or missing your estimated windows. I was just trying to offer an explanation for those checking in as to why releases often don't match your estimations: you're busy. I do genuinely appreciate you releasing files early to tide people over, it is considerate and more than any dev is obligated to do. I'm sorry if I came across as entitled or inconsiderate in how I tried to communicate that.
Nah, you're cool. Other people in this thread were really starting to annoy me though so I figured I'd say something.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
To be fair, G28 did say in a day or two and it has been almost a week now. I know it gets annoying seeing people ask here and the other thread, but this time I think it's a fair question.
No it isnt a fair question, not even if you are a Boomer like me. When things where not electronic and didnt provide simple tools to trace if something updates or not, one would still be patient and act less entitled when something was/is free - that comes with the territory of it being free!

Anyone not born in the dark times before the internet (and even those should basically know this) can use the inbuild features like notifications or even create their own little script to check, if something that important has been changed/updated, when ones wants to know. This kind of behaviour is pretty much like the kids on the backseat of a car, asking constantly when one arrives without actually having any concept of time. And not even they are excused to behave like that for more than maybe once or twice, before an adult gets itchy and looses it's temper. Devs getting fed up with this kind of behaviour tend to disappear and spend their time with more rewarding things ;)

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes