BigTTiger

May 27, 2021
So instead of me thinking Drew was a dude it turns out Drew is a chick so that's going to complicate things a lot unless Drew doesn't like the shit that Hunter does hopefully, she'll be another LI for MC.

ArghDoe

May 5, 2017
Good game. Is the flashback scene with the Dad's family corruption on the gallery? If not, it should be.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Since starting the What Ifs? I've been working near constantly. Honestly, I've been pumping out content for my patrons at the risk of burning myself out. What could your definition possibly be that sacrificing my free time, sanity, and happiness to work more on Power Vacuum material for the people paying me is "milking"?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Since starting the What Ifs? I've been working near constantly. Honestly, I've been pumping out content for my patrons at the risk of burning myself out. What could your definition possibly be that sacrificing my free time, sanity, and happiness to work more on Power Vacuum material for the people paying me is "milking"?
"Milking" is like the term NTR. Everyone in this forum likes to use it but 99% have no idea of what it actually means.

Last edited:

REGUser

Jul 5, 2018
I was gonna say...there's too many newbies on this forum now coming from other threads with rubbish devs (i.e. ICSTOR putting "MILKY" City Onhold after 2 years...). They bring with them the same mentality in that thread to a game where the dev is active and even responds to his fanbase and not understanding that not all games are created equal, the timelines aren't the same and not even the dev's work rates are the same.

Tarnishing everyone with the same brush is a stupid mindset to have and it only shows your level of thinking (which is not very high). I don't check this thread very often but I do know that this dev is active and I look forward to his updates every time they come out (even though I hate the route Ophelia is taking being the dom instead of sub...even better...a lover - she's my fav character followed by Brenna).

I can't say I am disappointed with this dev as he's constantly delivering, I am personally not a fan of the side stories (in ANY game I do think they are a waste of time) but I appreciate him giving back more to his fans. If I could I'd request for more Ophelia updates since I've yet too see a (completed) MILF game that isn't rushed or broken down mid-development.

There's loads of teen girl games on this site but not enough MILF (...well good ones at least), this for me is the USP and selling point of this game.

Keep up the good work What? Why? Games (y)

Last edited:

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
Look at this post I made where I've calculated the development time: https://f95zone.to/threads/36240/post-7467236

Just because the release of "What If...?"s began around the same time, it doesn't mean they are the reason that the release of chapters have begun taking longer. We are now getting longer episodes with more animation. That takes longer time to produce. There are also generally more details in the renders, and that also takes more time to pose.
EDIT: Also remember that WWG has mentioned on multiple occasions, that the time spent on WIs are time that was previously their free/spare time.

Last edited:

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
So far it hasn't
The last 2 updates took 5 months IIRC. But the last update cycle had only 2 what ifs, whereas this one will have 4 if the current pace is kept.
Honestly i just hope WWG is doing fine, and keeps giving us more content. The what ifs aren't my cup of tea but his patreons like them and bankrolls the main game, so i am ok with them.

Reactions: ripportier

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I was gonna say...there's too many newbies on this forum now coming from other threads with rubbish devs (i.e. ICSTOR putting "MILKY" City Onhold after 2 years...). They bring with them the same mentality in that thread to a game where the dev is active and even responds to his fanbase and not understanding that not all games are created equal, the timelines aren't the same and not even the dev's work rates are the same.

Tarnishing everyone with the same brush is a stupid mindset to have and it only shows your level of thinking (which is not very high). I don't check this thread very often but I do know that this dev is active and I look forward to his updates every time they come out (even though I hate the route Ophelia is taking being the dom instead of sub...even better...a lover - she's my fav character followed by Brenna).

I can't say I am disappointed with this dev as he's constantly delivering, I am personally not a fan of the side stories (in ANY game I do think they are a waste of time) but I appreciate him giving back more to his fans. If I could I'd request for more Ophelia updates since I've yet too see a (completed) MILF game that isn't rushed or broken down mid-development.

There's loads of teen girls games on this site but not enough MILF (...well good ones at least), this for me is the USP / selling point of this game.
Yeah Icstor really fucked things up for everyone... I see this a lot in other threads.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Last update took almost 6 months. You can only say it's taking longer if we get to May and the game hasn't been updated.

First of all, look at this post i made where I've calculated the development time: https://f95zone.to/threads/36240/post-7467236

Just because the release of "What If...?"s began around the same time, it doesn't mean they are the reason that the release of chapters have begun taking longer. We are now getting longer episodes with more animation. That takes longer time to produce. There are also generally more details in the renders, and that also takes more time to pose.

Exactly. Chapters have recently gotten far more robust. If people want to compare, Chapter 9 had about as many animations as Chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 put together. Most of which were of greater complexity. Every aspect of the game has been greatly improved from the lighting, physics, unique clothing, etc.

Jan 21, 2020
Chapter 10 sneak peek
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
WWG is one of the most busy and active devs on the platform. He provides monthly, fan decided content and basically finishes it in his free time in under 2 weeks. On top of making huge main game updates that yes, take 4-6 months. (Which is normal for a game with update sizes like this.) He updates frequently, even engaging here occasionly, and hasn't taken a break from the development since he started and has only provided more and more content as time has gone on.

I can name at least 10 devs offhand who have actually milked content and patrons. WWG is not one of them.

Gragy

Feb 5, 2020
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between what if and original? Where should I start the game with?

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
Man, I'm doing my best to power through chapter 4 and it's utter trash mediocrity, since, I like MOST of the writing. The MC may be a beta cuck with magic powers and a terminal case of "Being the Main Character Syndrome". I wanna see how people justify the 5 stars. But I'm not getting it.

Had it been 4 stars, I would have tempered my expectations. Since I play a lot of downright amazing games at 4 stars. Yet this is the standard for 5 stars? It's very disappointing. And I absolutely adore Brenna and Ophelia. But that chapter four broken cock, need to get hard to save it BS is mind-destroying. At least in comparison to everything else. Would the game not take itself serious, and this would have been an act one "plot" device ... maybe.

I don't know why I'm so disapointed. I've played much worse games with much less of a negative reaction. The burden of expectations, I guess.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between what if and original? Where should I start the game with?
What if are not part of the main game. They are spins off that should be played after your played the main game. They are not canon either.

Reactions: ripportier

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
I don't know why I'm so disapointed. I've played much worse games with much less of a negative reaction. The burden of expectations, I guess.
There is no such thing as a Best Game. a 5 star game for some may be a 3 star game some one else, because they don't like the same humor, story or style.

If you are looking for an alpha chad harem game and play a 5-star futa slow burn, then you are bound to get disappointed.
I'm not saying that is your expectation of this game, nor that it is how I would describe this game. Just an exaggerated example to show my point.

Try reading a few of the review and see what people like with this game, and see if that is also what your are looking for in a game. Also, the game improves a lot around chapter 6-7, so try continuing a bit more if you believe the tags, kinks, fetishes and style of this game is indeed matching what you are looking for.

"Your kink is not my kink, and that is okay." -unknown

Reactions: Minx077

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
If you are looking for an alpha chad harem game and play a 5-star futa slow burn, then you are bound to get disappointed.
Yeah, I know how I worded it, but not what I meant by any means. I just find the whole game to be a mess. I started off liking the characters, until I noticed they're all the same character.
I liked the MC, till he devolved into a one note. Anything that seemed like depth was just an elaborate arrangement of mirrors.
Other games have mechanical grind to pad out the lack of content. So does this one. It's hidden in the form of mind-numbingly dull dialogue that's SOMETIMES really funny. But it's almost always out of place, un-natural. A lot of times it's kinda boring. It's rather repetitive. It feigns evolution through repetition in a very game-y way.

But it has legit funny moments. The models are kinda bad, but I'm a guy and they have huge tits. So fuck it, I can fap to this.
But then I have to look at a flacid cock for hours. Yey me.

I might just power through, for Brenna. She's kinda amazing. But, I swear she's the only reason. Everything else is ... eh.

I almost get it. The facial animations and some of the dialogue is great. But it's maybe 15% of the game so far. And I feel like it will represent less and less.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
I might just power through, for Brenna. She's kinda amazing. But, I swear she's the only reason. Everything else is ... eh.

I almost get it. The facial animations and some of the dialogue is great. But it's maybe 15% of the game so far. And I feel like it will represent less and less.
I get that it's not fun to look at a flaccid cock for many scenes, but there will be a payoff later on. The visuals will improve in the next few chapters if you are still at chapter 4, so perhaps continue a while longer, to make sure you pick up the story-elements that will be the base for the following chapters.
From around chapter 7 or 8 and on there will be more animation than the first 6-7 chapters combined.

whalat

Sep 27, 2017
People here probably don't remember this but there was a point when Milfy City was popping that Icstor was seen as a model dev putting out top notch content on a consistent basis, but once he burnt out that was it for his games.

You've got no idea the amount of work it takes making one of these games, especially one of the quality of Power Vacuum, and all the bitching about the time it takes between updates or how one or two fetishes don't suit your particular tastes achieves is getting the devs making your favourite games ever more tired of dealing with your shit.

Every dev of every popular game on this site has to deal with torrents of shit daily from people who are completely incapable of understanding that just because a meal took 5 minutes to eat it doesn't mean it took 5 minutes to make.

And most of us (myself included!) are eating this meal for free! Just go talk to a therapist or something and stop harassing the devs.

/rant

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Had it been 4 stars, I would have tempered my expectations. Since I play a lot of downright amazing games at 4 stars. Yet this is the standard for 5 stars? It's very disappointing. And I absolutely adore Brenna and Ophelia. But that chapter four broken cock, need to get hard to save it BS is mind-destroying. At least in comparison to everything else. Would the game not take itself serious, and this would have been an act one "plot" device ... maybe.
The entire game is sarcasm on steroids. It is not at all taking itself seriously.

It's fully tongue-in-cheek, with some obvious slapstick and erotic bombast for added impact.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes