What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Patches should work. The way I have it now, every time the screen for your room gets loaded, any patch installed will load. You can do this by doing an event or going to a new day.

Problem is that if you have a completed save from version six, when you reload your room, the opening scene for chapter seven will load first and the patch will be applied after that scene when you get sent back to your room. It's a priority issue I should fix. Thanks for the heads up.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's my suggestion. Treat this like a patch. The older content is heavily compressed whereas the new content is NOT compressed.
Keep your 06 and drag the V7 image folder into the 06 image folder as a patch.
DON'T OVERWRITE ANY IMAGES!
Next, drag the v7 rpy and rpyc files from the game folder into the 06 game folder and overwrite those.

It worked a treat for me! I switched to Linux and didn't keep saves so I didn't want to look at pixellated catherine. :D
And I like to count Hunter's liver spots too. So ha!
NOTE.. check for duplicates since some images were moved into V5 and V6 folder.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

Last edited:

Noambonsky

Feb 22, 2020
Here's my suggestion. Treat this like a patch. The older content is heavily compressed whereas the new content is NOT compressed.
Next, drag the v7 rpy and rpyc files from the game folder into the 06 game folder and overwrite those.

It worked a treat for me! I switched to Linux and didn't keep saves so I didn't want to look at pixellated catherine. :D

EDITED FOR CLARITY
This works! Thanks (y)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: muttdoggy

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018

EDITED FOR CLARITY
Or go the other way, add the v6 images to the v7 and overwrite them with the high res ones. but then you have to open each character folder. so just do what he said lol

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Do whatever floats your boat. It's not needed to do all this but some of us have to play. Like me, for instance. Lost save and not too patient to wait 2-3 days to get the "Power Vacuum" fix. Like we're druggies addicted to Brenna's crack. LOL
If i didn't have to play the old content, I wouldn't have cared much for the old content being heavily compressed. I understand why that was done and applaud that in a way because it's saving YOUR download cap and YOUR time.So it does make sense to do that and just hold ctrl if you need a new save. But again, like a crazed crack addict, I'd rather see those gals in all their glory instead of thinking I've taken too many mushrooms. Well I now need to test this game a little more... yeah just "testing" it, okay? :whistle:

Lucerys

Aug 31, 2019
um does the game look pixelated to anyone?
Look at muttdoggy's post one page before for a solution to the issue. The earlier chapters were heavily compressed to save space as this latest is only the test edition of Chapter 7.

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Power Vacuum [v0.7 Test Build] [What? Why? Games] - Compressed

The original Test Build was already heavily compressed.

Original PC Size: 1.17 GB
Compressed PC Size: 569 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes