Mod Ren'Py Powers That Be Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
Sorry guys but it's going to be awhile. The files i need to edit aren't extracting properly, so i can't update the mod. Still trying to figure out why.
Glad to see you're on the case. I noticed too that I could not extract images. If you figure it out and its not too much trouble, I'd love to read about it.

Gman851

Dec 9, 2019
Sorry guys but it's going to be awhile. The files i need to edit aren't extracting properly, so i can't update the mod. Still trying to figure out why.
That's okay Shaddy. Take your time.. Appreciate the work you do getting these mods done for us.

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Have you seen, Shaddy, the post in the original thread about the archive key? At the very end it's about an inversed archive key.
Hm, um, yes. Just the usual.

Simply put: No.
Has absolutely nothing to do with RenPy. The RPA format was not changed since ages and this part of RenPy works cleanly.
Then why? That's the reason:
"loader.py" line 127:
Python:
# this game
key = int(l[25:33][::-1], 16)

# original renpy
key = int(l[25:33], 16)
View attachment 1092928

"RenPy Archive" key reversed. Thank your developer for this.
Greets.

Reactions: The Sailor Man

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
So that didn't work. Have a couple other people on the team trying to figure it out as well. Hopefully we'll find a solution that works.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I want to try this other way though. Any idea how to use that file?

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So that didn't work. Have a couple other people on the team trying to figure it out as well. Hopefully we'll find a solution that works.
I can imagine it is a pain when they change so much for the coding, but glad to hear you're not stuck going at this alone. I'm sure someone would find a work around.