Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
well your gonna need become a patreon for that :)
True. But to be fair his question was legitimate.

I would lie if i say that i've never seen people giving " passwords ", " keys " of patreon games in this website.
The right thing should be refraining from doing that.

You have already access to games for free here. If you want that something more, the bonuses given by patreon keys and such...support the developers. It's only fair.

But we all know that it won't happen. People will become patrons, people will share patreon codes.

A few will pay so that many will be able to gain the benefits of unlocked contents.

I'm not saying that it's right, simply we have seen this a lot of times.

WizzJizz1

Mar 18, 2018
Somebody PLEASE upload the mac version. Attempting to run this game through Wine just results in a stack overflow, and it's too much of a hassle for me to find out what's wrong.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Somebody PLEASE upload the mac version. Attempting to run this game through Wine just results in a stack overflow, and it's too much of a hassle for me to find out what's wrong.
Hum, we'll have to look at that for sure. One big thing though is that we don't have a Mac on our team to test Mac builds or wine... trying to do so with noMac directly in our programmers hands has been a real pain so we are focusing on Windows while trying our best to support the mac version.

I'll direct our programmer towards the fact there are stack overflows though, hopefully we can tackle that for you.

Does this work for 32 bit ?
We have a 32 bit version on our public build.

WizzJizz1

Mar 18, 2018
Hum, we'll have to look at that for sure. One big thing though is that we don't have a Mac on our team to test Mac builds or wine... trying to do so with noMac directly in our programmers hands has been a real pain so we are focusing on Windows while trying our best to support the mac version.

I'll direct our programmer towards the fact there are stack overflows though, hopefully we can tackle that for you.
Hey, thanks for your reply! Wine can be pretty iffy sometimes, so it's understandable if your having troubles. However, I thought that there was a native Mac version already developed?

Reactions: Valaska

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
There is patron mac build for later closed releases, it worked on some volunteer tester machines, but i still wouldn't call it reliable yet due lack of intensive testing. We likely will make a mac build for upcoming open build, you will have to wait a bit until its done.
Public build is delayed a bit to early\mid October since we still polishing up code and other aspects.

Reactions: WizzJizz1

Axel Tenveils

Apr 22, 2018
Is it a common problem that the game basically crashes (black screen doesn't accept any input apart from esc) every single time I interact with the short fox(?) girl in the brothel?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Is it a common problem that the game basically crashes (black screen doesn't accept any input apart from esc) every single time I interact with the short fox(?) girl in the brothel?
For now stick with best girl, Nailah.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Hey, could I ask if you could change the title? There's a typo, "Aavarice" should be "Avarice." Also we're making some new promotional art soon for a big update, when we get that done would you guys mind putting it up?

Only three of the pictures have anything to do with the game haha, and Kaya isn't in the game :x. The girl on the front cover, she might get a character pledge but yeah not in yet.
Fixed. Just make a comment with the new content and a mod would probably update the OP.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Fixed. Just make a comment with the new content and a mod would probably update the OP.
Awesome! We're working on the promo stuff right now mate, I'll poke you when we got it ready.

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
This is the last webcomic page, which is already in public acess anyway. Patreon gets acess to pages a bit earlier than everyone as additional boon to game development content.

Isamu

Apr 12, 2018
I'm stuck I can't find anymore missions or bad guys to kill to make money... but in the whore house you need to pay.... how can I make gold? I've fought all the monsters already and thieves!

There has to be away to make money right? to level? in order to go to the brothel and do all the girls? I mean you make only enough money with the main story quest to do a few of the paid girls then you're fucked.. or in this case not fucked.. see what I did there :p!

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Currently activites are quite limited, game is still barebones due being early acess. Later on there obviously would be more ways to obtain and spend gold. But as i remember starting money should be sufficient to try all the girls at least once.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I'm stuck I can't find anymore missions or bad guys to kill to make money... but in the whore house you need to pay.... how can I make gold? I've fought all the monsters already and thieves!

There has to be away to make money right? to level? in order to go to the brothel and do all the girls? I mean you make only enough money with the main story quest to do a few of the paid girls then you're fucked.. or in this case not fucked.. see what I did there :p!
Hey I'm not sure Esther would very much appreciate her Velvet Oasis being called a whorehouse... But yeah you should be started out with enough money to fingle your fangle a couple rounds at the Velvet Oasis.

Don't worry in the future we'll open up some missions that'll get you some decent coin, there's a few other gameplay loops we are looking to let players have to make money and play outside of just doing story quests. Those are great and love having them of course but something to hook players and let them play something at their own pace would be great.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Time for SOME news.

tumblr_inline_pgn063Unkc1rifkeq_1280.png
Here's a peek at our new logo, and also our collectibles in game! It will like some perverted easter egg hunt for pin-ups of random races and characters! Get what I did there? She's a lizardfolk, and... egg? Get it? Haaaah.... okay. We really can't wait for you guys to spend hours upon hours scouring every damn location 100% making sure you've poked every damn object and person on insanely massive hand-drawn maps.

f4aefecf333b1f90343031be97ac2b46.png
Now I have a question for you... do you like lore? Because I sure a fuck love writing it! Err, sure as heck, sorry. And I will deliver COPIOUS amounts of it to you! You lore-hounds will definitely have a good deal to sink your teeth in and hopefully, it will be up to par with your expectations for this style of game.

Beastiary, Races, Nations, Organizations, Cities, Territories... I personally am shooting for Mass Effect/MechWarrior 2/Dragon Age levels of journals and lore. This is a living and breathing world and I want people to be able to know how it works.

2018-10-06_17-51-14.png
Have a small glimpse into the inventory system that will be brand new and included with this update. This will be our first crack at inventory management and our basic systems, we will further be balancing and optimizing in terms of usability and economy. This is something we will have to take a long time balancing and fiddling with so expect just a bare-bones framework of our inventory and economy. There is a TON of balancing that will go into it.

1.png
What about our silence? Don't worry, everything is fine. We're working hard and churning away here, there are a few clips and videos on our twitter that I curate showing a bunch of the very intensive systems that we're focusing on building the core architecture of the game first. Basically, think of Star Citizen where they release a dizzying amount of fluff features and content and features just... vomiting it out on you while actually never accomplishing anything on the core architecture.

We here at Team Dead Deer and doing the exact opposite, this update will have quite a lot of content and show you how we want this game to carry itself narratively. Even after we release this update we have a long way to go in building our core mechanics and architecture, but we are tackling as much of it as possible all at once so we don't have that cheap and rickety feeling many indie games give you with each update. For instance, some games will go "hey here's our first mission!" and you will go to play it but random NPC's will have no text, triggers won't launch, and it actually stops halfway and says "more to come!"

We want to avoid that as much as possible so its quite a huge load we're going to deliver into your guy's and gal's hands. Somethings will be missing but we want it to be as subtle as possible... with the exception of combat which is absolutely just busted atm. But here's something I definitely am profoundly proud we have in the works...

World Map.jpg
The world map! In the game it's not 100% working, but we have a marker that will change when you are at each location... in the future, the speech bubble will actually show a slightly zoomed in artistic speech bubble of the location you are currently at! So that bit that shows the Kaldea districts will actually show The Orphans in greater detail if you are there, or say if you head to Dragon's Tooth, etc! I am just... so happy we are able to put this world into perspective for you guys and gals.

This is just massively important to me so you can see that yeah, we are making a world and not just a loose bit of places attached by loading borders! Now a few other little things!

67014b1bb80a21f6f4de9cbdfeddec4f.png
tumblr_pgt8hwPcXZ1s9w52zo1_1280.png

Here are some concepts, our first concept of a Male Ogre! Handsome bugger at that, a rogue/thief kobold, and an undead mounted cavalryman... imagine cavalry that can take a punishing amount of arrows, blows, and just keep charging into your lines.... welcome to the world of Price for Freedom. Anywho, if you want to see some of our lighting etc do check out our twitter. I would post it here but, busy, busy! Plus I got a new mattress. It has mountains on it.

Like, graphically printed on mountains, it's pretty cool! Its a little firm and the bounce is kind of a letdown, when you're with someone else you kind of miss the bounce back that springs have, but I think its better for sleeping so that's important.

Anywho, take care! I'll be around to answer questions etc as always, but unfortunately I can't go too much more into news just yet until I get a breather which shoooould be the 29th of this month is my last logged work event. Will have a few days of break there, if you guys want to you could come in the discord and yack at me all day on the 30th. Take care everyone!

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018

In case folks wondering wheres the open build i promised mid October, here's explanation post on delay.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017

In case folks wondering wheres the open build i promised mid October, here's explanation post on delay.
It's okay everyone, we'll make sure he commits seppuku in the traditional Ukrainian sense after the game is complete! On a serious note I really hope you guys enjoy reading the meat of what we are doing at the moment and striving to deliver in good shape.

Reactions: RedPillBlues
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes