Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Came(!) for the game, stayed for the world built in the comic. I've never seen anything like this before, there's so much potential here that im genuinely excited to see how all develops. Hopefully when my financial situation stabilizes i'll be able to support this project
Doo-do-do-do-doo- destination unknooown. Been years haha, I'm gonna have to listen to that again. One of the best music videos ever!

What is up with the "Sex Sounds" in the volume menu? As far as I can tell it does not refer to anything, there neither being anything that seems like "sex sounds" nor anything that changes based on it.
So, we're not sure about what we will (or won't) do for sex sounds. I am personally against them as there are more games with god awful fucking terrible sex sounds in it (Tales of Androgyny, Leave2Gether Act1, Playshapes Games, forbidden fruit, Zombies' Retreat) and the ones with good sex sounds (Wildlife, Quickie Hotel, Dilmur) are few and far between. Let's look at Zombies retreat, the voice acting and moans... mwuah, awesome. The slapping sex noises... eh, kinda meh. That fucking orgasm sound sounds like someone slamming a mallet onto a half-full bottle of Heinz. Tales of Androgyny's orgasm sound literally made me sick.

And they are good games! All but one of the games I listed in that list are good games! There's one game I particularly really enjoy called Dilmur. But even though I list it as having good sounding sex noises... I don't actually like them, they're just not as offensive as something like Tales of Androgyny with its orgasm noise that I can only describe as vomiting into a plastic bucket.

So... I am thoroughly against us ever adding in sex sounds and I will campaign against it actively. But I think Arbuz and Deck are considering adding them. I want to avoid any "smeck smeck slap" unless we could find a good sound designer for it. Quickie Hotel by Oppai games got it right for instance, and Wildlife did it really well too but they don't really have the slapping noises. Dilmur just makes them quiet enough that they don't really come across as offensive.

Sorry, I am rambling here. TLDR, they don't do anything right now. We don't know if we will bother adding them, but we might. It depends.

Reactions: guydude17

guydude17

Aug 24, 2019
So, we're not sure about what we will (or won't) do for sex sounds. I am personally against them as there are more games with god awful fucking terrible sex sounds in it (Tales of Androgyny, Leave2Gether Act1, Playshapes Games, forbidden fruit, Zombies' Retreat) and the ones with good sex sounds (Wildlife, Quickie Hotel, Dilmur) are few and far between. Let's look at Zombies retreat, the voice acting and moans... mwuah, awesome. The slapping sex noises... eh, kinda meh. That fucking orgasm sound sounds like someone slamming a mallet onto a half-full bottle of Heinz. Tales of Androgyny's orgasm sound literally made me sick.

And they are good games! All but one of the games I listed in that list are good games! There's one game I particularly really enjoy called Dilmur. But even though I list it as having good sounding sex noises... I don't actually like them, they're just not as offensive as something like Tales of Androgyny with its orgasm noise that I can only describe as vomiting into a plastic bucket.

So... I am thoroughly against us ever adding in sex sounds and I will campaign against it actively. But I think Arbuz and Deck are considering adding them. I want to avoid any "smeck smeck slap" unless we could find a good sound designer for it. Quickie Hotel by Oppai games got it right for instance, and Wildlife did it really well too but they don't really have the slapping noises. Dilmur just makes them quiet enough that they don't really come across as offensive.

Sorry, I am rambling here. TLDR, they don't do anything right now. We don't know if we will bother adding them, but we might. It depends.
Interesting, I played the game quite a while ago and recently tried it again. For some reason I remembered there being some such sounds of the "slapping" kind. Guess not. Thanks for answering.

Just to give my two cents, I agree generally speaking. They are just plain bad way too often. However, I think the added immersion is also worthwhile and without corresponding sounds the scenes can seem a bit hollow (I think Being a DIK does a good job of not adding "sex sounds" but using more immersive music than your typical background sounds, which works really well IMO), which was my first reaction playing this again (though that might have just been because I weirdly expected them). I like some repetitive, non-vocal, sounds like slapping or whatever you would call bj sounds, but if you did add anything us players could always mute it. You could even add them preset on mute and have us turn them on if we want them!

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
For sure! We'll have to consider it and see what kind of sound designer we can get a hold of. A few voice actresses want to play characters in our game, one has threatened me if I choose anyone but her for Hiho she's gonna shank me in the kidney so there's that...

Actually Lady Lustria suggested we have those talking/chatting noises, like in the game Aurelia by Mirthal. One game I would HIGHLY recommend. We just have way too much in way of dialogue to have characters actually speaking dialogue heh.

So we'll see where we go with it.

Reactions: guydude17

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Just even looking at the screen shots this is really really cool! And wouldn't you know it there is tons of content surrounding this!
Ahah... yeah we really need to get some videos and things up, gifs, to show what kind of game we have on Subscribestar and Patreon etc.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
I did the quest for Hera, turned in the ore, and it says talk to her when I'm ready to confront the thugs, however is just continues to repeat the quest text of turning in the ore. She never follows me or gives me an option to proceed.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I did the quest for Hera, turned in the ore, and it says talk to her when I'm ready to confront the thugs, however is just continues to repeat the quest text of turning in the ore. She never follows me or gives me an option to proceed.
Ah yeah, that's an issue with the crack, you'll have to wait for the guy who is making the track to track down that bug.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
Hm. Think I might just sub to the patreon when the next version comes out. This is probably one of the best, most well done adult games I've played. It has fun gameplay, characters, actual quest structure, it feels like I'm playing an actual tactics game that would normally come out, but for adults only. Can't wait to see how it expands.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Valaska and deck

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Hm. Think I might just sub to the patreon when the next version comes out. This is probably one of the best, most well done adult games I've played. It has fun gameplay, characters, actual quest structure, it feels like I'm playing an actual tactics game that would normally come out, but for adults only. Can't wait to see how it expands.
Thanks an absolute ton :). We know these are pretty hellish times for people out there so some people just can't support, and we really don't want people to stretch themselves too thin. But we appreciate every bit of support.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Build15.png

Build 15 live!

We've two quests added for this version the first involving Samara after she retells Redic about her ship adventure, and before the campfire scene. Rest at Nathan's inn to trigger the quest.

The second quest is the continuation of Verona's story! Enter the inn after completing the Whispering Brook questline and after completing her first quest and it'll trigger automatically. Alternatively, if you load up "Build 15" you will automatically jump to the quest!

We've also begun setting up our subscribestar! Complete with our oauth 1 build 1 game system we finally can bring the game to those of you who prefer not to support Patreon but still want to support us. We'll be setting up the page to make it more marketable soon!

group-pic2-2.png

Changelog:
- [Backers] Verona second quest.
- [Backers] Verona's second scene with 2 animated CG and 5 stills.
- [Backers] Samara's third quest and collectible.
- [Backers] Garroth mini-quest.
- **Added the slums location** in Kaldea.
- Shaman Hutt.
- Zahra shaman animated sprite & rig
- New Abomination enemy.
- Item stacks can finally be split in inventory!
- Items can be dropped on the ground and picked up (everquest style!)
- 7 new items
- New Diff system for dialogue editor.
-

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
So this isn't really a huge content post but I really, really, really like these things our programmer has delivered so I'm gonna share them with you all! Bare with me if its not what you want.

Item dropping! We had no idea that this was going to be a feature until Deck just suddenly showed us the feature me made! He surprises us like that sometimes. It reminds me a ton of EverQuest, an MMO I loved as a kid. The stashes persist permanently atm, but we might dabble with the feature so if you drop something in a really busy area like the city streets the bag will only last for a while until a character swipes it. It's just a theorized feature at the moment, it might be just it vanishes from an unsafe area, or we could play around with it more even have a certain character swipe it or such!

So don't hold it to us but maybe this could lead to something with a certain kobold in the game, or pirate! It'd be really late into the project I think since Deck literally just whipped this up randomly in the span of an hour or so.

JPG Saves.png
Another massive thing that our programmer Deck did out of nowhere in the span of 2 hours was to make our saves into JPG's. Out entire save data's are just JPG's now, you can send them to each other as a JPG on discord, share them here, etc! This makes the system vastly faster to load data from data and they are a bit smaller too!

I hope you guys and gals dig the behind the scenes mechanics too, I'm really excited about these features. It's these subtle architectural and mechanical changes to make things more efficient that keeps you from racking up technical debt. It's also amazing to see how much our programmer can get done while he has free time after builds!

Reactions: James Eveleth

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Alright you win. I'm going to make a donation to your subscribe star. I'd like to see this project completed, and it needs funding to make it happen. I'll budget for a contribution sometime next month.
Oh heck, thank you a ton! Don't stretch yourself too thin, but we definitely appreciate it. If it's hard to donate even just sharing the project with your friends or talking here or other places does help! It gives us motivation, gets more eyes out there etc.

So if the budget is really tight that helps a ton on the project too!

• Red Heart
Reactions: oysterkeeper

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
congrats on the banner design
no wants to see naked bodies right away
Haha fun story, I had no idea what our Patreon (and now SS) banner was so I posted my game to a channel before that allows NSFW games but no NSFW images. WHAM! Elf ass front and center haha. Got in a spot of heck there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: oysterkeeper

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
The kobold is my favorite!

Question, do you folks just not like anal content? I noticed there was none in the game (at least that I've found). Happens to be my favorite thing, so was curious.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
The kobold is my favorite!

Question, do you folks just not like anal content? I noticed there was none in the game (at least that I've found). Happens to be my favorite thing, so was curious.
Haha people keep asking about things just as they are planned... I personally am super into getting off the pavement and riding the gravel road. We'll have anal play coming to the game. Alternative route ahead!

Game looks amazing!
too bad funds are short, id throw you guys a couple of dollars to help...
Thanks a ton! And it's no problem at all, times right now are tough, people really need to take care of themselves these days. Just you being here and chatting about it and with us really helps out!

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes